PTC Metro 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWorm

Who is the favorite to win the league this year? I ran into Coach Tim Coal at the Giant Eagle on 224 and he seemed very optimistic about this years Spartan team. He said that he was on his way to the SHS Boy's Lock in and was just picking up some drink boxes, fish tacos and a 12 pack of brats to throw on the grizzle. He explained that the team building has been such an erectrifying experience all Summer. He feels that the electricity and aura of the Ryan Andrick years was slowly coming back to the SHS gymnasium. He even off the record explained to me that he thinks Coventry will have a major drop in talent and Kent is soft. If that is not bulletin board material I dont know what is! I can understand why he did not want to have that on record. Coal said that Coventry completely hosed them at their place or SHS would have beaten them last year. I am not sure, please dont shoot the messenger. He also mentioned that Coventry year in and year out plays juniors and varsity players on JV chasing JV titles. As far as Woodridge, he said that he was in the process of reporting them to OHSAA because he believes two of their players exceeded the maximum quarters last year. He said he was just trying to get in their heads since they play early in the season. Finally he said that he expects it to be a two team battle for the title, Springfield and Woodridge.

Any thoughts or predictions on this exciting league?!?:shrug::)

Well, first of all, Kent isn't even in the PTC Metro to start. As for Coventry playing Varsity playing on JV- that is completely wrong. Coventry plays JV players in its varsity games sometimes, actually frequently, which may leave some room for confusion. Also, Cole is assuming that his Spartans will also be able to overcome Streetsboro, Norton, or even Field, which would be quite impressive. And no, Springfield had no chance in hell last year of bringing down the team of Hargrove and Wess. He is delusional if he really thought that. Sorry, simply was too much talent on that roster.

As for Woodridge, I doubt they are even remotely concerned with Cole's shenanigans. They are as focused as ever. I'm sure Psychodad will be glad to come on here and tell you all about it.

As far as Coventry's fortunes, we have graduated a lot last year, but the cupboard is by no means empty. Sibley, Skaggs, Vanadia, Burkhart, Hogg, and Williams will form the nucleus of this years squad. (unless we get some decent transfers), and I'm sure they will figure out something. They will be focused on defending the PTC title, and making Coventry great again. And if what you said is true, Coventry does not have to play Springfield or Woodridge until January, leaving ample time to rebuild. However, they have also an eye on postseason. Last years loss to SVSM was tough. Only Wess and Hargrove had any experience playing at that level. The rest just wilted. This season, in order to get more experience playing on that level, and to plan for the future, the comets have gotten Cardinal Mooney and Ursuline onto their schedule. They both have a fine track record of winning in their respective districts.

Now I will say this. I have not deluded myself into believing that this team will rebuild into something greater than last year overnight. They are young, they have a new young coach (Mike DiFalco), and a lot of work ahead of them. But they have been left with a winning culture, a strong work ethic, and a drive to prove everyone wrong. So many amazing and hard working athletes. I believe that this program in the next 2-3 years can become a formidable powerhouse, not just within the league, but in the districts, and region as well.

Last edited:
I tend to agree with Coventry guy that SHS will not win but Coal seemed adamant that the talent was there and he even said he should resign if they dont win 14 games.

The talent may be there, but is the discipline? The Coaching? The work ethic? That's whats going to set a team apart from its competitors. It will take much more than mere talent. That's why Coventry football wasn't able to accomplish what it was capable of this year. The talent was there. Everything else was not.

"In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have."-Lebron James

Well, first of all, Kent isn't even in the PTC Metro to start. As for Coventry playing Varsity playing on JV- that is completely wrong. Coventry plays JV players in its varsity games sometimes, actually frequently, which may leave some room for confusion. Also, Cole is assuming that his Spartans will also be able to overcome Streetsboro, Norton, or even Field, which would be quite impressive. And no, Springfield had no chance in hell last year of bringing down the team of Hargrove and Wess. He is delusional if he really thought that. Sorry, simply was too much talent on that roster.

As for Woodridge, I doubt they are even remotely concerned with Cole's shenanigans. They are as focused as ever. I'm sure Psychodad will be glad to come on here and tell you all about it.

As far as Coventry's fortunes, we have graduated a lot last year, but the cupboard is by no means empty. Sibley, Skaggs, Vanadia, Burkhart, Hogg, and Williams will form the nucleus of this years squad. (unless we get some decent transfers), and I'm sure they will figure out something. They will be focused on defending the PTC title, and making Coventry great again. And if what you said is true, Coventry does not have to play Springfield or Woodridge until January, leaving ample time to rebuild. However, they have also an eye on postseason. Last years loss to SVSM was tough. Only Wess and Hargrove had any experience playing at that level. The rest just wilted. This season, in order to get more experience playing on that level, and to plan for the future, the comets have gotten Cardinal Mooney and Ursuline onto their schedule. They both have a fine track record of winning in their respective districts.

Now I will say this. I have not deluded myself into believing that this team will rebuild into something greater than last year overnight. They are young, they have a new young coach (Mike DiFalco), and a lot of work ahead of them. But they have been left with a winning culture, a strong work ethic, and a drive to prove everyone wrong. So many amazing and hard working athletes. I believe that this program in the next 2-3 years can become a formidable powerhouse, not just within the league, but in the districts, and region as well.

Coventrytrackxcguy
You should be careful, you can watch the film if you want, Hargrove & Burkhart played pretty well, Burkhart also played in the playoff game as a freshman, so add him to have played them in playoffs in past. everyone else struggled not wilted but give some credit to St V. This is what they do, play basketball, only Burkhart has played with Graves & Williams on the big AAU circuit. They where pressing & trapping & Burkhart sees that stuff in AAU all the time & would pass before the trap got there, others allowed it to get to them. IMO we will contend for the PTC but I do give Woodridge the advantage, they return the whole team. We will not be revenging the loss to St V, they return both Graves & Williams, I think we will challenge, not sure I believe Bigworms story but I don't think Cole has the ability to go from last to first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, yeah I'll add Burkhart to the list. Still, my point still stands, having only 3 people playing on that level leaves you a clear underdog. Although, perhaps with a chance to upset. And by wilted I meant the comets should not have gotten beaten by 30+.

Ok, avenging last year against SVSM will be a witch again this year, but any thoughts on what happens after Graves and Williams graduate? Thoughts to consider. The comets had better pay some careful attention this year to how Ursuline and Mooney play.

Big Worm already in regular season trolling form... bravo

Who is the favorite to win the league this year? I ran into Coach Tim Coal at the Giant Eagle on 224 and he seemed very optimistic about this years Spartan team. He said that he was on his way to the SHS Boy's Lock in and was just picking up some drink boxes, fish tacos and a 12 pack of brats to throw on the grizzle. He explained that the team building has been such an erectrifying experience all Summer. He feels that the electricity and aura of the Ryan Andrick years was slowly coming back to the SHS gymnasium. He even off the record explained to me that he thinks Coventry will have a major drop in talent and Kent is soft. If that is not bulletin board material I dont know what is! I can understand why he did not want to have that on record. Coal said that Coventry completely hosed them at their place or SHS would have beaten them last year. I am not sure, please dont shoot the messenger. He also mentioned that Coventry year in and year out plays juniors and varsity players on JV chasing JV titles. As far as Woodridge, he said that he was in the process of reporting them to OHSAA because he believes two of their players exceeded the maximum quarters last year. He said he was just trying to get in their heads since they play early in the season. Finally he said that he expects it to be a two team battle for the title, Springfield and Woodridge.

Any thoughts or predictions on this exciting league?!?:shrug::)

I tend to agree with Coventry guy that SHS will not win but Coal seemed adamant that the talent was there and he even said he should resign if they dont win 14 games.

Don't believe anything BigWorm says. He's an Internet troll and has had an unhealthy obsession with Cole for years. Yappi banned him from the Tallmadge forum when continued to post about him on there, and now he has three separate threads started about Cole and the basketball program in the Springfield forum. I highly doubt he knows him unless he cut his kid or turned him down for a job once, and I can't imagine any coach saying the types of things Worm says Cole did. Especially since I actually did talk to him this summer, and that doesn't sound like anything he told me. I don't expect Springfield to go from 6th in the league to competing with teams that beat the daylights out of them. I'm sure Cole's email is posted on the school website. I'd try contacting him directly instead of relying on hearsay by old men and his personal stalker, LOL.

http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275623&highlight=tallmadge+freshmen+coach

http://yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Ok, yeah I'll add Burkhart to the list. Still, my point still stands, having only 3 people playing on that level leaves you a clear underdog. Although, perhaps with a chance to upset. And by wilted I meant the comets should not have gotten beaten by 30+.

Ok, avenging last year against SVSM will be a witch again this year, but any thoughts on what happens after Graves and Williams graduate? Thoughts to consider. The comets had better pay some careful attention this year to how Ursuline and Mooney play.

On Ursuline & Mooney, Ursuline had there big guy (Armon Nasseri) head off to a prep school to get that 5th year & hopefully an offer to play in college, they had a set of brothers transfer that where pretty good, they also had a really good scorer that graduated

I'm not sure what Mooney brings to the table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't believe anything BigWorm says. He's an Internet troll and has had an unhealthy obsession with Cole for years. Yappi banned him from the Tallmadge forum when continued to post about him on there, and now he has three separate threads started about Cole and the basketball program in the Springfield forum. I highly doubt he knows him unless he cut his kid or turned him down for a job once, and I can't imagine any coach saying the types of things Worm says Cole did. Especially since I actually did talk to him this summer, and that doesn't sound like anything he told me. I don't expect Springfield to go from 6th in the league to competing with teams that beat the daylights out of them. I'm sure Cole's email is posted on the school website. I'd try contacting him directly instead of relying on hearsay by old men and his personal stalker, LOL.

http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275623&highlight=tallmadge+freshmen+coach

http://yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Cole is a friend of mine over the years. I did not say anything bad about him. I think he will do decent with that program. What did I say that was out of line?:grouphug:

For the record, I am not banned from the Tallmadge forum...not sure if that is even possible.

Hey Worm....

There is NO wayyyyyyy any of this is true....

First off, you misspelled his name. So much for being a close personal friend. Secondly, chances are he would not straight disparage the rest of the league in this manner. If he would, he surely wouldn't do it to such a "close friend" knowing that he loves to anonymously post things on Yappi.

Also, I am thinking that you do not know what "off the record" means. That means it is off the record and is not available to be repeated. So in the unlikely event that this conversation took place, you showed what a real "friend" you really are by running and posting everything he said. You're a good person, dude!

With all that being said, I have made the following conclusion: you are an unhappy parent with your child's playing time because your kid has gotten a sense of entitlement from you by being told how great he is. Now, since your child has spent most of his free time playing video games, tweeting, and posting pictures on Facebook, he isn't good enough to crack the rotation.

Oh wait, I retract that last paragraph. It is 2016 after all and that all is the norm nowadays.

Completely agree with everything USMC just said. I've known Cole for years and he wouldn't say anything like that to begin with. He's not delusional and knows he's rebuilding. They're showing great strides of improvement but he knows SHS isn't the team to beat (yet). He also knows Kent isn't in the PTC anymore.... So I'm pretty sure that conversation never took place. I just don't know why you felt the need to make that whole story up? That's what's most concerning to me! Get a hobby Worm

Hey Worm....

There is NO wayyyyyyy any of this is true....

First off, you misspelled his name. So much for being a close personal friend. Secondly, chances are he would not straight disparage the rest of the league in this manner. If he would, he surely wouldn't do it to such a "close friend" knowing that he loves to anonymously post things on Yappi.

Also, I am thinking that you do not know what "off the record" means. That means it is off the record and is not available to be repeated. So in the unlikely event that this conversation took place, you showed what a real "friend" you really are by running and posting everything he said. You're a good person, dude!

With all that being said, I have made the following conclusion: you are an unhappy parent with your child's playing time because your kid has gotten a sense of entitlement from you by being told how great he is. Now, since your child has spent most of his free time playing video games, tweeting, and posting pictures on Facebook, he isn't good enough to crack the rotation.

Oh wait, I retract that last paragraph. It is 2016 after all and that all is the norm nowadays.

He is a friend of mine, not a close friend. What is wrong with that? I was just stating what I heard bro, dont shoot the messenger. Cole is out to win games this year and is taking no prisoners.

Status
Not open for further replies.