PTC County

"all the good players went to STA"? I'm aware of only 2...the QB and a lineman (not even sure he's their best returning lineman).

Rootstown has been a playoff team the past few years and seemed to have a good, sustainable program going. Anyone know what's happened over the past 6 months?

School district has turned down requests for new buildings and athletic facilities. They need both badly. Enrollment is being hurt by the BIOMED academy which is across street at NEOMED medical college. Too bad. Heard some athletes bolting to St. Thomas as well.

Rumor around is that The Field Falcons will be looking for a football coach in the near future. Coach Nelson will be taking his talents elsewhere.

Obviously a difficult climate to find a coach in plus who knows when he would be able to meet the team.

Why can't Field keep a coach?
Levi Nelson out at Field officially today

T

Their HC moves around a lot.

Anyone know anything about how the Rovers will be this year?

How many kids did they lose? And do they have any decent talent coming up? And that's a bummer for Field because they turned it around pretty significantly last year. Even hung with Streetsboro for slightly over a half, and could have went 6-4 potentially.

Oh another " I'm all for the boys,team, community. Which translates to " until something better comes along ". Really Matt Furino was the last Field coach who stood by these words.....hire someone local, a teacher in the system. Nearby Mogadore has had 4 coaches since 1960...look at their success.
Continuity is highly ideal, however you HAVE to have a district/community that makes it important. Unfortunate for the kids that their coach is leaving but if half of what Ive heard is true I don’t blame their coach for leaving at all. Field should re-evaluate what it’s doing because to have all those guys leave says more about the school than it does about the individuals.

Continuity is highly ideal, however you HAVE to have a district/community that makes it important. Unfortunate for the kids that their coach is leaving but if half of what Ive heard is true I don’t blame their coach for leaving at all. Field should re-evaluate what it’s doing because to have all those guys leave says more about the school than it does about the individuals.
And student athletes transferring to districts that have that continuity...both with coach and community support..

It's gonna be a really tough go for Rootstown and Field if their top athletes have been confirmed to have transferred. Even in a smaller PTC County, don't see the Rovers making the playoffs unless they get some contributors to step up.

Interesting for one conference to lose two head coaches in June. Field will probably have to do as Rootstown and hire a current assistant, are there qualified candidates?

F
Interesting for one conference to lose two head coaches in June. Field will probably have to do as Rootstown and hire a current assistant, are there qualified candidates?

Field and Rootstown are not in the same conference. They should be though, but for some reason field is loyal to the metro.

Don't understand Mogadore Field not wanting to go to the County division. They play Mogadore, Rootstown and Southeast as non league. Probably best gates if they get any or all 3 at home....doesn't make any sense.

Field belongs in the county with Springfield. The powers of the two feel that they belong in the metro. Only sports that Field is good in is baseball, softball and volleyball. The head of the Field school system lives in Huron .

Would have been a good mix with Mogadore Field, Garrettsville Garfield, Mogadore, Rootstown, Ravenna Southeast, Akeon Springfield and Atwater Waterloo. Great gates and travel distance. Waterloo is now D5 and as is Garfield, Rootstown and I believe Southeast. If not Mogadore is the only D6 school. Springfield probably close to D4 and Field closer to D5 now.

With only 4 teams having football.

Heavy Favorite- Mogadore
Has a chance- Garfield
Darkhorse- Southeast
Major dog- Rootstown
What's everyone's thoughts?
Have to go with Garrettsville Garfield and Mogadore. Only 3 league games....Ravenna Southeast improved and Rootstown lacking. Mogadore does get all 3 league games at Mogadore Memorial stadium this year ( if games are held).

With only 4 teams having football.

Heavy Favorite- Mogadore
Has a chance- Garfield
Darkhorse- Southeast
Major dog- Rootstown
What's everyone's thoughts?
“The way too early predictions”:

Mogadore and Garfield have beefed up OOC schedules which should let us know a lot about them early on. They’re both expected to be good and the league could be decided when they meet this season.

Tough schedule for Southeast as well. BCWR, The ‘Furino’ Falcons and Streetsboro in weeks 1-3 could make for a quick end to their playoff hopes.

Rootstown is the team I don’t know much about, but with a new first time HC and their QB transferring to STA it doesn’t seem promising for the Rovers. Does anyone know their Schedule?

Garfield/Mogadore battle it out for 1/2 spots.
SE/Rovers fight to not be basement dwellers.

Possibly 3/4 teams making the playoffs out of the county though? Still can’t believe Crestwood left and this league fell apart though.

Rootstown plays Crestwood, Beachwood, Field, Akron North, St Thomas Aquinas, Mogadore, Garfield, Hopewell London, Valley Christian, and Southeast in that order.

Rootstown plays Crestwood, Beachwood, Field, Akron North, St Thomas Aquinas, Mogadore, Garfield, Hopewell London, Valley Christian, and Southeast in that order.

There are 3 (I would hope) guaranteed wins on that schedule. North, Hopewell, Valley Christian are terrible.

Southeast, Field and Crestwood are 50/50 games

i just don’t think they can beat Beachwood, STA, Mogadore, G-Men.

so 4-6 or 5-5 for the Rovers would be my best guess.