PTC County

I did make an error but its pretty simple --- Mogadore's latest AD is the baseball coach and assistant coach for football and basketball in addition to his teaching duties. Little too busy to focus on the future of the conference have all that going on IMO. Rich Braumbaugh would not allowed that to happen but then again he wasn't chasing dollars and it was unfortunate he had to step away due to family circumstances.
For the second time, the current AD hasn't assisted in football for almost 10 years. He has only been the AD for 2.

For the second time, the current AD hasn't assisted in football for almost 10 years. He has only been the AD for 2.

For the second time ---

He was too concerned about his other duties (Teaching, Basketball, Baseball and daily AD duties) than what was happening with the future of the conference. But let's blame Windham, Waterloo, Metro Conference, Crestwood, Garrettsville instead of actually looking at the (lack of) leadership within the county conference.

Commissioner of the PTC assign officials he does not run the conference.

The Commish does more than just assign officials from my experience. However, officials was a big issue. Many officials would not work PTC events because of how they were assigned and how they were paid. I know that schedules were another big issue. Some schools in some sports would have the exact same league schedule from year to year or, maybe a worse schedule as far as home - away went. I'm sure there were many other issues, but none that should have led to the break up of the conference unless egos are involved. If someone is unwilling to do something or correct things, then others find a way to get their way.

Letting private schools in is and was a dumb idea. The one's that were brought in added nothing to the conference.

Has he done a revised league schedule for this spring? I know chances are we don't get to go to games but would be nice to see it. Where can I see it at?

For the second time ---

He was too concerned about his other duties (Teaching, Basketball, Baseball and daily AD duties) than what was happening with the future of the conference. But let's blame Windham, Waterloo, Metro Conference, Crestwood, Garrettsville instead of actually looking at the (lack of) leadership within the county conference.

You know the Mogadore AD personally and know what he was concerned about?

The Metro up and left without bringing up their grievances until after they left. This has been reported as factual information.

You can blame the county ADs if they had been presented such grievances and refused to change. But that didn’t happen.

You are wrong here and are just digging your hole further. You should stop while you are ahead.

Mogadore AD stopped coaching football like a decade ago, and he wasn't even an AD at the time.

The previous Mogadore AD never assisted in football.
Thanks jmog for setting PTC junky straight. People need facts before posting!!

The Commish does more than just assign officials from my experience. However, officials was a big issue. Many officials would not work PTC events because of how they were assigned and how they were paid. I know that schedules were another big issue. Some schools in some sports would have the exact same league schedule from year to year or, maybe a worse schedule as far as home - away went. I'm sure there were many other issues, but none that should have led to the break up of the conference unless egos are involved. If someone is unwilling to do something or correct things, then others find a way to get their way.

Letting private schools in is and was a dumb idea. The one's that were brought in added nothing to the conference.
24 years in the playoffs
2 state titles
3 state runner ups
7 state semi finals
35-22 playoff record
I'd say JFK brings more than most to the conference.

24 years in the playoffs
2 state titles
3 state runner ups
7 state semi finals
35-22 playoff record

I would say JFK is more than qualified to compete in the PTC and will in fact make the PTC a much stronger conference than it is without JFK.

I would say JFK is more than qualified to compete in the PTC and will in fact make the PTC a much stronger conference than it is without JFK.
We are and we will. The argument from some, I'm sure, will be that we don't travel, which just isn't true. Last season's playoff games alone we had more fans than Independence at their place and CH at a neutral site game. 2016 we had more than Minster at the State title game. We aren't your typical private school when it comes to bringing fans.

24 years in the playoffs
2 state titles
3 state runner ups
7 state semi finals
35-22 playoff record
It's not about how competitive you are in Football or any other sports. It's about Compatibility and common goals and resources etc. How a private school gets it's students compared to a public school. Expectations and demands by parents / donors and how a private school is funded compared to publics. The structure of the administrations. School Boards vs Diocese. It's just much different. Loyalties and the speed at how things can move and get done are all just much different. Fund Raising is different. The hoops a private school has to jump through are much different than those a public has to. Not good or bad or right or wrong, just different and many times opposing. There are reasons people choose to send their kids to a private school. Those are different than the reasons people choose to send their kids to a public school. Youth programs and Middle School athletics is much different. Oil and Water.

It's not about how competitive you are in Football or any other sports. It's about Compatibility and common goals and resources etc. How a private school gets it's students compared to a public school. Expectations and demands by parents / donors and how a private school is funded compared to publics. The structure of the administrations. School Boards vs Diocese. It's just much different. Loyalties and the speed at how things can move and get done are all just much different. Fund Raising is different. The hoops a private school has to jump through are much different than those a public has to. Not good or bad or right or wrong, just different and many times opposing. There are reasons people choose to send their kids to a private school. Those are different than the reasons people choose to send their kids to a public school. Youth programs and Middle School athletics is much different. Oil and Water.

My God man, you must be a Woodridge supporter.

Kind of in the same boat as JFK in those regards. All the DOY schools are in danger in my opinion and the Diocese should get a significant amount of blame for that.

Aquinas turned away 75 students last year and will likely turn away over 100 this year, so not really opening the flood gates to the extent you suggest. Aquinas and Canton Central Catholic are currently in pretty good hands with the Stark Catholic School's President, Gravo. I wouldn't worry about Aquinas.

BTW, JFK has about the same number of EdChoice students in its school as Aquinas. Canton Central Catholic will have a lot of EdChoice in the very near future since its two biggest feeders, St. Joan of Arc and St. Michael, now have large numbers of EdChoice students in their buildings and St. Barbara and Saints Phillip and James, two other Central feeders, will be the next two Catholic grade schools to close in Stark County.

I sure hope the hype about the STA team is accurate and hope there is actually a 2020 football season. Looking forward to the trip to Warren this season.
Good thing Aquinas turned away those 100 kids or they'd be playing D2 next year. The floodgates might not be wide open but that 60 CB numbers says their at least cracked.

Good thing Aquinas turned away those 100 kids or they'd be playing D2 next year. The floodgates might not be wide open but that 60 CB numbers says their at least cracked.

I really don't want Aquinas to be in the smallest football division, so I hope they do eventually move back up to D6 or even D5.

Last edited:
For the 2019 Football season JFK had a CB Number of 31 and Aquinas had a CB Number of 38. ?‍♂️

I really don't want Aquinas to be in the smallest football division, so I hope they do eventually move back up to D6 or even D5.
They are in D6

There are about 10 forums on the board about the Divisional changes. Just came out today

Yes, I just saw them. Aquinas is in the same Division and Region as its rival Canton Central Catholic for the first time in a while. Outstanding!

I hope we have a football season in 2020.

Forget Manchester coming on board. With France gone the PAC is where they will stay. Mogadore should look at take CVCA's place in the PAC when they leave,

Did Rootstown find a game week 9?

AFAIK, no. The schools that make sense that Rootstown COULD play are John Marshall or Ashtabula St. Johns, if either was willing. John Marshall was at Ravenna last year and that game was not even close. Maybe they would fare better against Rootstown?

AFAIK, no. The schools that make sense that Rootstown COULD play are John Marshall or Ashtabula St. Johns, if either was willing. John Marshall was at Ravenna last year and that game was not even close. Maybe they would fare better against Rootstown?
Odds are St Johns wouldn't be able to play an 11 man game by week 9, they couldn't last year. If they can it would be absolutely no contest.

Odds are St Johns wouldn't be able to play an 11 man game by week 9, they couldn't last year. If they can it would be absolutely no contest.

Ah. How many players did St. John's have on their team coming into the season? I know they're a small school.

If St. Johns says no, I can see John Marshall probably picking up the open slot, as they're free that week. It would be more competitive IMO.

Ah. How many players did St. John's have on their team coming into the season? I know they're a small school.

If St. Johns says no, I can see John Marshall probably picking up the open slot, as they're free that week. It would be more competitive IMO.
St. John dropped its 11-man schedule last summer when it became apparent they would be short on bodies.

Why did Rootstowns coach resign? Was it because all the good players went to STA. I'm just asking not trying to be a smart

Why did Rootstowns coach resign? Was it because all the good players went to STA. I'm just asking not trying to be a smart

"all the good players went to STA"? I'm aware of only 2...the QB and a lineman (not even sure he's their best returning lineman).

Rootstown has been a playoff team the past few years and seemed to have a good, sustainable program going. Anyone know what's happened over the past 6 months?