PTC County

TCC is not leaving their IVC brethren for those teams. The IVC has them playing the teams they want to play across all sports and has had them doing it for a very long time. Plus, it's a solid 35-40 min. just to get from New Philly to Canton by bus. Add whatever extra time to get to St. Thomas Aquinas, and their shortest proposed trip is at least 45 minutes. Meanwhile, they'd be driving past Strasburg, Tusky Valley, and Sandy Valley territory and could get to East Canton just as easily as they would get to St. Thomas Aquinas. At TCC's size, they don't have many options. without potentially jumping into a pond that's way too deep for the level of competition that their enrollment will allow them to play. Don't forget about the MS sports as well. Nobody wants to increase the amount of travel at that level.

As a Canton CC follower, I'll believe it when I see it as far as their involvement is concerned. They seem to get lumped into a lot of proposed leagues without expressing any interest of their own. The right combo of schools hasn't come along yet. I do not know what the right combo of schools is. Up until 15 years ago, the Federal League would've been it, but those days are gone, dead, and buried. From what I've gathered, the EBC is not the right combo as a possible 8th member. Is Rootstown, Mogadore, Warren JFK, etc. part of the right combo. I'm having a hard time envisioning it. Life as an independent isn't grand, but there is no battle cry of "we need to get into a league" coming from the powers that be at Canton CC.

Great news for the Conference. In the short run the conference is fine. Just need to get 1-2 more schools for long term viability.

On a side note. I’m not surprised Windham said no, their enrollment is way down. But Waterloo saying no is weak, they will continue to have insane driving expenses when they could play a handful of schools practically in their back yard. Waterloo will continue to duck Mogadore till the end of time lol.

Last edited:
Great news for the Conference. In the short run the conference is fine. Just need to get 1-2 more schools for long term viability.

On a side note. I’m not surprised Windham said no, their enrollment is way down. But Waterloo saying no is weak, they will continue to have insane driving expenses when they could play a handful of schools practically in their back yard.

Administration at Field needs to get smart. They are the smallest school in the Metro and can’t compete in most sports. This league would most likely decrease drive time and increase their chances of competing in the majority of sports.

Didn’t JFK and Field scrimmage on a yearly basis for a while? Not sure if they still do.
The old coach at Field left and so did our tradition of scrimmaging them. Field vs JFk scrimmage was years old. Field was treated well when they came to Warren. Mutual respect between staffs.

I wonder if the addition of JFK will help get Field’s attention, especially since their is a long standing good relationship. I hope it does. Field would fit nicely for a multitude of reasons.

I remember playing Canton Central Catholic when I was in school.. JFK lost 14-9 my senior year...CCC might be more then we can chew nowadays. I loved playing at that brick walled field. great program and great tradition...I guess time will tell

I just remember a photo of the Rovers' field when they were debating having a home playoff game there.
Not too much grass anywhere.
But you're probably right.

You'd think Southeast would at least update the football stadium a bit. Could be they have a hard time passing levies.
Also surprised it's not ADA fixed. They condemned Brookfield stadium for the same reason.

Southeast stadium is a joke indeed and should be condemned. I was at a game there last year and people were literally falling on the ground trying to get in or out of the visitors bleachers.

Southeast stadium is a joke indeed and should be condemned. I was at a game there last year and people were literally falling on the ground trying to get in or out of the visitors bleachers.
Good point.
Recently Brookfield, Bridgeport and Waterloo were all condemned. Waterloo made Marlington their "home" last year. I also read where Caldwell stadium at the fairgrounds was in pretty bad shape.
I don't understand how Southeast gets away with it. Even my alma mater had to tear down condemned concrete stands on both sides and start from scratch.
:confused::confused::confused:
I know some of these districts are hurting financially, but you have to put people's safety as a priority.

Good point.
Recently Brookfield, Bridgeport and Waterloo were all condemned. Waterloo made Marlington their "home" last year. I also read where Caldwell stadium at the fairgrounds was in pretty bad shape.
I don't understand how Southeast gets away with it. Even my alma mater had to tear down condemned concrete stands on both sides and start from scratch.
:confused::confused::confused:
I know some of these districts are hurting financially, but you have to put people's safety as a priority.
Well at least Waterloo seems to have money for the long transportation rides. They were approached about being readmitted to the PCL county division. 3 schools all rivals within 20 minutes. They are a D5 school now and just hammered Crestwood in basketball and Southeast in wrestling. Why are they refusing to accept they made a mistake changing leagues....guess because of Mogadore football! Well Rootstown chose to get better and compete. Waterloo wanted to play smaller schools thinking they would dominate...wrong.

Well at least Waterloo seems to have money for the long transportation rides. They were approached about being readmitted to the PCL county division. 3 schools all rivals within 20 minutes. They are a D5 school now and just hammered Crestwood in basketball and Southeast in wrestling. Why are they refusing to accept they made a mistake changing leagues....guess because of Mogadore football! Well Rootstown chose to get better and compete. Waterloo wanted to play smaller schools thinking they would dominate...wrong.
Just driving farther to get killed lol. Doesn’t make sense. Might as well get crushed locally without that long drive home! LOL

I don't think Canton Central Catholic has ever been in D6. Competitive balance is what kept Central in D5 the last couple seasons even though they had a D6 enrollment.
You're absolutely correct, I misspoke. I was trying to say they have been D5 every year due to CB numbers, but will most likely be in D6 this year.

You're absolutely correct, I misspoke. I was trying to say they have been D5 every year due to CB numbers, but will most likely be in D6 this year.

No problem. D6 Region 21 is a tough region that usually requires a pretty high harbin total just to make it in at the 8th spot. I thought I saw on here that Kirtland may be moving back to down to that region also.

Adding JFK and Aquinas was a huge step for the remaining county schools. As others have stated they still need more help. I haven't heard much if anything about possibly approaching Crestwood and Garfield to see if they would reconsider staying in the league. Beyond that there aren't too many realistic options left. The best one is probably East Canton. Geographically they fit and for a few years were a member of the PTC. They also played Rootstown and Aquinas this past year in their non-league games. But I still think they like there setup in the IVC much better than this setup. I mean stability is a huge factor when it comes to a league. After that a few schools left from the NCL are possibilities. Gilmour Academy, VASJ, and Lutheran East would be the most likely due to their comparative size vs the rest of the league. None of them are that close to the rest of the league but I don't think its a bad move to invite all three of them.

Last edited:
Gilmour Academy is a no brainer
VASJ isnt interested
Lutheran East would also be a good fit but unsure of how they feel about this league

CVCA would be good fit. CVCA and Gilmour both have junior high programs.
Gilmour is currently D5 in football so that would be a fit. However, don't see there being much support from the other ADs or girls' coaches. Saw them in football playoffs a few years back & they might have had 150 fans. Plus someone would have to buy them lights for their field. And their girls teams are stacked!

Also, can't see CVCA leaving a conference that's 50% D4 to be the biggest school in their league.

Gilmour is currently D5 in football so that would be a fit. However, don't see there being much support from the other ADs or girls' coaches. Saw them in football playoffs a few years back & they might have had 150 fans. Plus someone would have to buy them lights for their field. And their girls teams are stacked!

Also, can't see CVCA leaving a conference that's 50% D4 to be the biggest school in their league.
Gilmour cant have lights at their field because of some kind of bird. Honest to goodness.

Gilmour cant have lights at their field because of some kind of bird. Honest to goodness.

Yes, money to install lights would not be an issue at Gilmour. Their other facilities are some of the best in the entire State. They have a lot of money for projects, especially one that small.