PTC County

Looks very interesting, They should change the name of the league to something more fitting for their area and teams. Maybe something modern and catchy!

All turf football fields except Rootstown and Ravenna Southeast. Travel will be similar to PTC, St Thomas close to Mogadore, Rootstown. And a trip to Warren JFK beats travel to Youngstown to play Valley. In addition doesn't JFK play at historic Mollenkoff ( sp) stadium ?
Photos I saw a while back just prior to a presumed home game at Rootstown, the place looked like a cow pasture.
LOL. :p:p

Rootstown is better than Southeast!! Can't believe they have never improved that stadium. Visitors are placed on a hill, not handicap accessible. Even their home side is not very large. At least Rootstown has new bleachers and good seating.
Photos I saw a while back just prior to a presumed home game at Rootstown, the place looked like a cow pasture.
LOL. :p:p

Rootstown is better than Southeast!! Can't believe they have never improved that stadium. Visitors are placed on a hill, not handicap accessible. Even their home side is not very large. At least Rootstown has new bleachers and good seating.
I just remember a photo of the Rovers' field when they were debating having a home playoff game there.
Not too much grass anywhere.
But you're probably right.

You'd think Southeast would at least update the football stadium a bit. Could be they have a hard time passing levies.
Also surprised it's not ADA fixed. They condemned Brookfield stadium for the same reason.

All turf football fields except Rootstown and Ravenna Southeast. Travel will be similar to PTC, St Thomas close to Mogadore, Rootstown. And a trip to Warren JFK beats travel to Youngstown to play Valley. In addition doesn't JFK play at historic Mollenkoff ( sp) stadium ?
Yes JFK plays there

For Aquinas and JFK fans. What’s the feeling around town. Do you think the schools will accept the invitation?

If they do accept that still only leaves 5 football playing schools in the conference. I would think there needs to be at least one more if not two more schools invited. CCC was mentioned before and seems to be a good fit. Who would be the other? CVCA?

If they do accept that still only leaves 5 football playing schools in the conference. I would think there needs to be at least one more if not two more schools invited. CCC was mentioned before and seems to be a good fit. Who would be the other? CVCA?

While I would agree CCC would be a good fit, the majority of the schools in this league will not play CCC in football and other sports. So you can cross them off the list.

While I would agree CCC would be a good fit, the majority of the schools in this league will not play CCC in football and other sports. So you can cross them off the list.

Aquinas plays Central every year. I don't see Mogadore or JFK having any issue with playing Central in football or any other sports.

Looks like a private/ parochial school league. I really don't believe it's a good idea. Sure wish Mogadore Field and Akron Springfield would have considered more seriously. Maybe 1 or 2 private or parochial schools would be ok but not a majority.

Aquinas plays Central every year. I don't see Mogadore or JFK having any issue with playing Central in football or any other sports.
Mogadore and JFK have declined opportunities to schedule games with Central in football numerous times. Not trying to stir the pot, but I do not see any way that Central joins this league, or is even asked to join. It makes sense on paper for a variety of reasons, but theory is far different than practice. Additionally, there are other teams in this league that have refused to schedule Central in several sports.

I actually like the experiment of half public/parochial. Definitely change the name of the conference though. Something catchy like “Champions Athletic Conference”? Just throwing something out there.

Last edited:
JFK will accept I would think. I'm not 100% sold that Central is the next school to be asked to join. Gilmour could be one to keep an eye on.
Mogadore has played Gilmour recently in the regular season. I think Gilmour could work. Would be a drive for Aquinas though- if both teams join of course.

Would be nice if we could swipe Berlin Center WR or McDonald. But not sure if those schools would be interested. Both schools would work very well from both a competition and location perspective.

Mogadore has played Gilmour recently in the regular season. I think Gilmour could work. Would be a drive for Aquinas though- if both teams join of course.

Would be nice if we could swipe Berlin Center WR or McDonald. But not sure if those schools would be interested. Both schools would work very well from both a competition and location perspective.

Aquinas has played Gilmour the past two seasons and they are scheduled to play again this season.

Mogadore and JFK have declined opportunities to schedule games with Central in football numerous times. Not trying to stir the pot, but I do not see any way that Central joins this league, or is even asked to join. It makes sense on paper for a variety of reasons, but theory is far different than practice. Additionally, there are other teams in this league that have refused to schedule Central in several sports.

There's really too much disparity between JFK and CCC. To illustrate....has CCC tried to schedule Ursuline or Mooney? They are D4 but raw enrollment are D5. The last state title that CCC won was in D5 if I'm not mistaken. JFK has been in D7 since the division was created. Everybody loves to play down against a Catholic school. Very few want to play up against one.

I actually like the experiment of half public/parochial. Definitely change the name of the conference though. Something catchy like “Champions Athletic Conference”? Just throwing something out there.

Or...we actually have state champions conference...

This shapes up to be a great league. I would of liked to see us play in it this year as Kennedy should be very good this season, but they have a lot of talent coming up through the ranks so there shouldn't be a big drop off anytime soon. Aquinas seems to hsve righted the ship from a couple seasons ago and should be good too. Both will complement Mogadore, Rootstown and Southeast well I think.

There's really too much disparity between JFK and CCC. To illustrate....has CCC tried to schedule Ursuline or Mooney? They are D4 but raw enrollment are D5. The last state title that CCC won was in D5 if I'm not mistaken. JFK has been in D7 since the division was created. Everybody loves to play down against a Catholic school. Very few want to play up against one.
CCC is D5 but has been the one of the smallest in that division for several years. They will likely be back to D6 this year, and have played Ursuline and Mooney in previous years, including 2014 in the regional finals against Ursuline. CCC played Mooney for several years about ten years ago, but to compare the talent level at Mooney and CCC is laughable at best. I am not saying that JFK is wrong for declining to play CCC, just illustrating the point that CCC will never be asked to join a league where half of the teams already do not want to play them. Also, I wouldn't knock CCC for not scheduling up when their schedule has included several Federal League teams (Perry, Jackson, Glen Oak, Green, Lake), Winton Woods, Louisville, New Philly and other larger schools.

This shapes up to be a great league. I would of liked to see us play in it this year as Kennedy should be very good this season, but they have a lot of talent coming up through the ranks so there shouldn't be a big drop off anytime soon. Aquinas seems to hsve righted the ship from a couple seasons ago and should be good too. Both will complement Mogadore, Rootstown and Southeast well I think.
Need at least one more school with Football. Lake Center Christian is solid in the other sports, but doesnt offer football. Who would be the 6th football playing school do you think? Gilmour Academy? I’m not sure how many small public schools would have the stones to join this league. Maybe a small public school in the Youngstown area? McDonald, WR, New Middletown Springfield, South Range?

CCC is D5 but has been the one of the smallest in that division for several years. They will likely be back to D6 this year, and have played Ursuline and Mooney in previous years, including 2014 in the regional finals against Ursuline. CCC played Mooney for several years about ten years ago, but to compare the talent level at Mooney and CCC is laughable at best. I am not saying that JFK is wrong for declining to play CCC, just illustrating the point that CCC will never be asked to join a league where half of the teams already do not want to play them. Also, I wouldn't knock CCC for not scheduling up when their schedule has included several Federal League teams (Perry, Jackson, Glen Oak, Green, Lake), Winton Woods, Louisville, New Philly and other larger schools.

I don't think Canton Central Catholic has ever been in D6. Competitive balance is what kept Central in D5 the last couple seasons even though they had a D6 enrollment.

Need at least one more school with Football. Lake Center Christian is solid in the other sports, but doesnt offer football. Who would be the 6th football playing school do you think? Gilmour Academy? I’m not sure how many small public schools would have the stones to join this league. Maybe a small public school in the Youngstown area? McDonald, WR, New Middletown Springfield, South Range?
All the Ytown publics you mentioned, outside of maybe South Range, would never even consider this league. Too scared to leave their cozy little conference where they get to beat up on the Lowellvilles and Ridges of the world. They'll deny it but its the truth. Range has a good situation going with the NE8 and won't leave anytime soon. To add a sixth football school to the league it is most likely going to be a private. I know a lot of posters here don't like that but that is the situation in todays age. There are a lot of us that are looking for conferences now that the NCL folded and scheduling as an independent is a nightmare. A league provides stability, a great league is even better.

A great fit would be Field, but I don’t think they will leave the Metro. But I’m ok with another private. Gilmour would be a good choice. Maybe CVCA? But not sure they would leave the PAC. What about Tuscarawas Central Catholic? Not sure if they would be interested.

The coaches at Field would like to leave and go to the county, same with coaches at CVCA because of the travel in the PAC
Administration at Field needs to get on board then. They would be a great fit in this league from both a location and competition standpoint. They are a little bigger than the other schools in this league, but they can’t compete in most sports in the Metro. Baseball and Soccer being the exceptions.

The coaches at Field would like to leave and go to the county, same with coaches at CVCA because of the travel in the PAC
Field makes sense. On CVCA, I would agree with you if this was the baseball or volleyball forum (trips on school nights), but we're talking about 3-4 league road trips a year and Triway is the same distance from CVCA as JFK so not like they'd be saving a whole lot of bus time. Not to mention the PAC has a "full" football league (3 OOC games + 7 league games) & at least 3 league games against D4 opponents (playoff pts).

Now if you asked some of the bottom rung teams in the PAC, they'd wrap up the royals in a bow & hand deliver them. : )

A great fit would be Field, but I don’t think they will leave the Metro. But I’m ok with another private. Gilmour would be a good choice. Maybe CVCA? But not sure they would leave the PAC. What about Tuscarawas Central Catholic? Not sure if they would be interested.
TCC is not leaving their IVC brethren for those teams. The IVC has them playing the teams they want to play across all sports and has had them doing it for a very long time. Plus, it's a solid 35-40 min. just to get from New Philly to Canton by bus. Add whatever extra time to get to St. Thomas Aquinas, and their shortest proposed trip is at least 45 minutes. Meanwhile, they'd be driving past Strasburg, Tusky Valley, and Sandy Valley territory and could get to East Canton just as easily as they would get to St. Thomas Aquinas. At TCC's size, they don't have many options. without potentially jumping into a pond that's way too deep for the level of competition that their enrollment will allow them to play. Don't forget about the MS sports as well. Nobody wants to increase the amount of travel at that level.

As a Canton CC follower, I'll believe it when I see it as far as their involvement is concerned. They seem to get lumped into a lot of proposed leagues without expressing any interest of their own. The right combo of schools hasn't come along yet. I do not know what the right combo of schools is. Up until 15 years ago, the Federal League would've been it, but those days are gone, dead, and buried. From what I've gathered, the EBC is not the right combo as a possible 8th member. Is Rootstown, Mogadore, Warren JFK, etc. part of the right combo. I'm having a hard time envisioning it. Life as an independent isn't grand, but there is no battle cry of "we need to get into a league" coming from the powers that be at Canton CC.

Last edited: