PTC County

Do like this move. The county basically is becoming a parochial school league. Warren JFK, St. Thomas, Lake Center...half the league is now parochial...don't think it will last. Smaller gates, no rivalries.
If you don't like this news then you really won't like what is most likely going to happen as far as the league is concerned.

I would say Louisville, but no way they join a D 5 6,7 conference. Mogadore Field?
No. It will be another private. Like I said I'm honestly not trying to be "that guy" but they are trying to keep a lid on everything until it becomes official.

looks like St Thomas and JFK will come into the PTC 2021-2022 season after Garfield leaves

Stupid, 2 more schools that don't have wrestling, it will go along great with Lake Center, Youngstown Christian (yes, I know they left), etc.

So in 2021-2022 the league will have Mogadore, SE, Rootstown, Lake Center, JFK, and ST? Am I missing 1? 6 teams, only 3 that have wrestling.

If the CCC rumor is true, that will add a wrestling team.

Whoever the other "rumor" is better have wrestling so that it can actually be you know, a 5 team league??

Stupid, 2 more schools that don't have wrestling, it will go along great with Lake Center, Youngstown Christian (yes, I know they left), etc.

So in 2021-2022 the league will have Mogadore, SE, Rootstown, Lake Center, JFK, and ST? Am I missing 1? 6 teams, only 3 that have wrestling.

If the CCC rumor is true, that will add a wrestling team.

Whoever the other "rumor" is better have wrestling so that it can actually be you know, a 5 team league??
I love high school wrestling, wish we had it, but this move is about the big revenue sports, chiefly football. Hence the reason this is being oosted on the "Football Forum". You guys don't seem to have soccer, tennis or golf but you don't see us b*tching about it.

I love high school wrestling, wish we had it, but this move is about the big revenue sports, chiefly football. Hence the reason this is being oosted on the "Football Forum". You guys don't seem to have soccer, tennis or golf but you don't see us b*tching about it.
If you are refusing to Mogadore, well they have golf. In fact a very good golf program. State champions 3 consecutive years in the 70's. Currently quite a few league championship teams and individuals that move on in dist, regional and state. Only Crestwood had tennis program in county, maybe Southeast girls. Soccer no...

Mogadore does have a golf team, pretty good one too.

No one left in the PTC has tennis, so you have no argument there.

I think every school has soccer except mogadore so it is far less of a problem than accepting 2 more schools that don’t have wrestling.

Mogadore does have a golf team, pretty good one too.

No one left in the PTC has tennis, so you have no argument there.

I think every school has soccer except mogadore so it is far less of a problem than accepting 2 more schools that don’t have wrestling.
I stand corrected on the golf. The point is its almost impossible in this day and age to get leagues where all the schools have the exact same sports represented, especially when you are dealing with small schools. Everyone involved should be thankful that all the teams have good traditions in football, basketball, baseball, etc so that we still have an opportunity to have a really good league. Some parts of the state can't say that anymore.

I stand corrected on the golf. The point is its almost impossible in this day and age to get leagues where all the schools have the exact same sports represented, especially when you are dealing with small schools. Everyone involved should be thankful that all the teams have good traditions in football, basketball, baseball, etc so that we still have an opportunity to have a really good league. Some parts of the state can't say that anymore.
This is honestly shaping up to be a great small school football conference if this is all true. Especially if CVCA was the other private that could be joining. It would be second only to the MAC state wide. And way better than the PTC Metro, which is funny.

This is honestly shaping up to be a great small school football conference if this is all true. Especially if CVCA was the other private that could be joining. It would be second only to the MAC state wide. And way better than the PTC Metro, which is funny.

The current teams in the PTC Metro have a combined 8-27 playoff record which comes out to an average of 1 playoff win per team. It’s not hard to do better than that, lol.
In fact if the teams mentioned here by name join the County, the PTC County would have 4 teams with more playoff wins individually than the Metro does combined.

This could be a fun small school league with these privates and a couple solid public schools unafraid to play them.

I would be beyond shocked if CCC chose to join this league, or was even invited, as the members in the league have chosen repeatedly to not play them in football for years.

My daughter's powder puff 6 year old flag football teams would beat half of the PTC Metro teams.

This league is a nightmare for travel! There will be many empty visitors sections during football season and all gyms will be empty during basketball season.
How exactly is this going to be a nightmare for travel? Aquinas is like 20 miles from Mogadore and as far as empty stands go, Kennedy travels very, very well. We consistently outnumber opposing fans during the playoffs, including Cuyahoga Hts this past season.

How exactly is this going to be a nightmare for travel? Aquinas is like 20 miles from Mogadore and as far as empty stands go, Kennedy travels very, very well. We consistently outnumber opposing fans during the playoffs, including Cuyahoga Hts this past season.
He isn’t a Mogadore fan. Don’t mind him.