PTC County

DowntownBrown

With one more week until league play begins, what can we expect out of the county? Looks like Crestwood is the team to beat, great athletes and great coaching go a long way. Looks like the wildcats are giving up on themselves and the season after a tough week against LCC and might not even finish top 2 in the league if Garfield keeps rolling. Just not your father's mogadore team, slow, unphysical, and undisciplined Thoughts?

Crestwood and Mogadore are the top tier teams to beat. Southeast and Garfield are both good but not capable of beating the top teams. Rootstown can beat SE and Garfield and I predict they beat one of them but the low numbers will catch up to them. Valley Christian is bad!

Garfield, Southeast, and Mogadore won comfortably
Rootstown survived against St Thomas Aquinas Bulldogs
Crestwood got upset by Toronto. This hurts their playoff chances tremendously as they likely will have to go 4-1 in conference to make the playoffs.

With one more week until league play begins, what can we expect out of the county? Looks like Crestwood is the team to beat, great athletes and great coaching go a long way. Looks like the wildcats are giving up on themselves and the season after a tough week against LCC and might not even finish top 2 in the league if Garfield keeps rolling. Just not your father's mogadore team, slow, unphysical, and undisciplined Thoughts?
So Mogadore lost a close game to one of the best teams in the state and that means they have given up?

You are some kind of dumb aren’t you?

I predict Mogadore will go undefeated in the league and win it once again.

This week maybe the toughest, not because Rootstown is better than Crestwood, but because Mogadore’s QB hurt his shoulder in the 2Q last night and didn’t come back in. So that is an unknown this week.

Doesn’t matter who is playing Q at Mogadore. OC John Kinsey is one of the best in the biz and will always put up points.

League Titles always run through Mogadore. They’ve earned that respect over the years.

Southeast/Garfield/Rootstown all seem to be very good physical teams and should produce some good games. Will be interesting to see who beats who.

Not sure about Crestwood. They have a good record but have played some very poor teams and lost to the only team with a winning record on their schedule. They also seem to have a difficult time stopping the run, which you must do to compete in the county.

Valley Christian is no good and will not win a league contest.

Predictions for week 1 of league play:

Mogadore over Rovers
SE vs. Garfield will be a slobber knocker. Team that wins special teams/turnovers will win.
Crestwood will beat a very bad Valley Christian team

Last edited:
Doesn’t matter who is playing Q at Mogadore. OC John Kinsey is one of the best in the biz and will always put up points.

League Titles always run through Mogadore. They’ve earned that respect over the years.

Southeast/Garfield/Rootstown all seem to be very good physical teams and should produce some good games. Will be interesting to see who beats who.

Not sure about Crestwood. They have a good record but have played some very poor teams and lost to the only team with a winning record on their schedule. They also seem to have a difficult time stopping the run, which you must do to compete in the county.

Valley Christian is no good and will not win a league contest.

Predictions for week 1 of league play:

Mogadore over Rovers
SE vs. Garfield will be a slobber knocker. Team that wins special teams/turnovers will win.
Crestwood will beat a very bad Valley Christian team

This here is spot on....well said and I couldn't agree more. Question about Crestwood should be.... who have they beaten in the last 3 seasons??!

2018 (5 wins)-Waterloo(2-8), Smithville(1-9), WRA(4-5), Aquinas(2-8), Valley(5-6)
2017 (1 win ) Aquinas (1-9)

of course I'm sure most of us know what they did in 2016!

This version of the Devils should not be confused with that one! They have a lot to prove to me

Cats over the Rovers in a Close game. (27-21)
Pirates over the G-Men in another close game. (34-28)
Red Devils beat the Eagles. (50-0)
Power rankings going into league play. I think the County race is going to be fun and exciting in '19. The top 5 teams in the County could play with all of the teams in the Metro.
1)Mogadore-PTC County goes through them.
2)Rootstown-5-0 with a very tough non-league schedule. Great game this week
3)Southeast- Best team that's not talked about in the league.
4)Crestwood-Preseason favorite. Weak non-league schedule with them losing last week have them ranked 4th.
5) James a.Garfield- very talented have to win a game in the league before I put them higher.
6) Valley Christian-bad

Cats over the Rovers in a Close game. (27-21)
Pirates over the G-Men in another close game. (34-28)
Red Devils beat the Eagles. (50-0)
Power rankings going into league play. I think the County race is going to be fun and exciting in '19. The top 5 teams in the County could play with all of the teams in the Metro.
1)Mogadore-PTC County goes through them.
2)Rootstown-5-0 with a very tough non-league schedule. Great game this week
3)Southeast- Best team that's not talked about in the league.
4)Crestwood-Preseason favorite. Weak non-league schedule with them losing last week have them ranked 4th.
5) James a.Garfield- very talented have to win a game in the league before I put them higher.
6) Valley Christian-bad

Well thought out post.
I think Garfield is underrated. They can actually throw the ball this year and are deeper and faster at the skill positions compared to previous seasons.

I’d also put Southeast lower. They run the ball very well but if you stop the run they are in trouble. Their QB also plays both ways and has had some injury issues in the past. I’m surprised they kept it very close with Streetsboro.

I was also surprised that the Pirates only lost to Streetsboro by 3, a team that I thought was way out of their league this year. I think the Rockets were up 28-0, perhaps they took their eye off the prize there a bit? Would like to hear from anyone that saw that game and what their thoughts were.

Week 7 PTC Power rankings
1) Mogadore- They beat up on the Rovers. Cats are on a different level then the rest of the league.They will name the score against a really bad Valley Christian team.
2)Rootstown-despite the beat down on Friday night I expect them to rebound against a pretty good squad from Garrettsville.
3)James A. Garfield- got a nice win over the Pirates. Have a big game this week. Can the G-Men get another win against a very good opponent?
4)Crestwood-very talented but with a weak non league schedule the win over Valley Christian didn't do much for me. I think we will find out a lot about them if they are contenders or pretenders?
5)Southeast- I expected them to win last week. The game this week is a toss up for me. The Pirates have talent and are a good team. Need to win this week to keep playoff hopes alive.
6)Valley Christian-maybe worse then I expected.
Big week in the County. I think we will find out alot about teams 2-5 in my power rankings. Who is for real and who is Mogadores number one challenger for a league title will be.

I gave up a chance to see St V play because I thought best game out there was at Rootstown. Mistake. I have it different. Mog beat an overrated Rovers team. Gville is the team to beat. Run pass option makes them dangerous!! They are more physical than mogadore on the ground. Passing teams are about even. Crestwood and Mog would be tied for # 2 spot. Crestwood is very very skilled. Mog will struggle with that. VC definitely last.

I agree Mogadore will name the score against Valley Christian,
Garfield in a squeaker at home.
Crestwood by a TD.

Cant BElieve somone HasnT defendedd mogadore better. Use your dline and LBs and Send 7 rushing on the snap of the ball. Take your fastest guys and Play everyone else bump and run right up in their face. that would stop the run and stop those tall 6' 4" receivers. The teams in the PTC know Mogadore and will do this.

I have seen both Garfield and Mogadore twice. They are the two most physical teams in the PTC County in my opinion. I am not ready to say the Gmen can win consistently in the league just yet.Garfield got one last week, lets see if they can get the Rovers. It would set up for a great showdown with the Cats next Friday. Mogadore adds another dimension this year being able to throw the ball vertically. They are tough to defend.

Not too shabby at all. Makes sense for St. Thomas Aquinas and Warren JFK to significantly cut down travel and fall into an 7-school league for football. Likewise, it boosts the PTC County to an 7-school league for football and 8-school for other sports. Here's the enrollment break down from the OHSAA:

Southeast 388
Garfield 344
Rootstown 279
Mogadore 207
Lake Center Christian 158
Valley Christian 148
Warren JFK 119
St. Thomas Aquinas 116

Last edited:
Not too shabby at all. Makes sense for St. Thomas Aquinas and Warren JFK to significantly cut down travel and fall into an 8-school league for football. Likewise, it boosts the PTC County to an 8-school league for football and 9-school for other sports. Here's the enrollment break down from the OHSAA:

Field 422
Southeast 388
Garfield 344
Rootstown 279
Mogadore 207
Lake Center Christian 158
Valley Christian 148
Warren JFK 119
St. Thomas Aquinas 116

Field is a Metro school

That would be great. Keep the County together and add two teams until Crestwood and Waterloo come crawling back! I hope this works out

St. Thomas tried and was rejected. More accurate source has Garfield, Mogadore, Rootstown and Southeast joining Mahoning Valley league. Booting Lake Center a d Valley Christian. MVAC would revamp to accommodate the additional a schools. This is more accurate.

St. Thomas tried and was rejected. More accurate source has Garfield, Mogadore, Rootstown and Southeast joining Mahoning Valley league. Booting Lake Center a d Valley Christian. MVAC would revamp to accommodate the additional a schools. This is more accurate.
Mogadore. Southeast. Rootstown and Garfield along with McDonald, Western Reserve and Springfield would make a competitive league. No gimmies. If you want an 8th consider JFK. The other 5 from the MVAC along with Valley Christian would be a good 6 team fit. They could consider NEC Windham and if their numbers level out, Mathews.

Mogadore. Southeast. Rootstown and Garfield along with McDonald, Western Reserve and Springfield would make a competitive league. No gimmies. If you want an 8th consider JFK. The other 5 from the MVAC along with Valley Christian would be a good 6 team fit. They could consider NEC Windham and if their numbers level out, Mathews.

Gotta remember the MVAC already has taken the AAC Blue schools in too, So they’re at 15 schools starting next year. There’s no easy way to fit the 4 portage schools without other changes.

Gotta remember the MVAC already has taken the AAC Blue schools in too, So they’re at 15 schools starting next year. There’s no easy way to fit the 4 portage schools without other changes.

I honestly forgot about AAC blue going into the MVAC. It seems these mega conferences eventually implode. Maybe the suburban has decent stability, but eventually as programs and populations ascend and descend itll be lateral move after lateral move

My predictions this week.
Rootstown over the G-Men by less then a TD.
Crestwood by 14+ over the Pirates.
Mogadore will win by whatever the amount they want