Predict Your State Champions

Tennis Coach

D1 singles Matt Allare
DII Singles Stephen Havens
D1 doubles Starr/Stuckey
DII doubles Dodd/Kobelt
D1 state team St.X
DII state team Indian Hill

Dodd is a top 10 player in the state and Kobelt is a tough two. They are the odds on favorites to win it. Dahmus is an average doubles player at best and little McCarthy has got to prove he canbe a doubles player and a leader as a freshman, thats a lot to do. I dont doubt their talent but results will speak for themselves. I hope the best team wins but i'm going to bet on dodd and kobelt until i see little mccarthy step up and deliver a district title with mahalingam.

D1 singles - I definitely agree, even though it seems around here everyone thinks Brad Noel is going to win it all.

D2 singles - I agree as well, although our number 1, Adam Greenes, can beat anyone on any given day when he plays well and is not injured. Havens seems pretty sick though from what I hear.

D1 doubles - Do those kids play for Cincinnati St. Xavier? I haven't heard of them. If they do then they will probably win, but if they don't, I'd put my money on one of the St. X doubles teams. They were tough at the St. Ed's tournament a couple weeks ago.

D2 doubles - Don't know Kobelt, but Shidler/Dahmus sound pretty good. We just played Tobin/Kelm in our sectional final the other day and they worked us, so they could be a threat.

D1 team - St. Xavier for sure, unless Hudson's Rasner can pull out a win at 1 and then Hudson finds a way to win at doubles.

D2 team - Indian Hill, unless we beat University, which in that case we will win it all for sure haha.

i like how people dont give sandy a chance even tho he beat matt allare he might be able to do it again but remember lst year matthews beat john allare and allare won but i think this one will be a lot closer than people think

Noel has zero chance. Allare,Hamning and Sandy Berry are all better than him.
Adam Geenes is not in the same class as any of these players, Havens,McCarthy,Herrlinger, or Sam laber of Seven Hills. I would bet that Petrie of Col Aca can beat him also.
That StX team did get beat by Starr and Stuckey in straight sets last weekend.
Tobin and Kelm are a legit threat to anybody and I think D2 doubles is the m ost wide open draw.
Hudson will never see a doubles win at StX they are loaded.
Somebody also told me that Strunk from IH is starting to hit again which would make them the favorite over US.

Kinkopf barely survived round one over the 5thspot player from cincy. Then he gotbeat in straight sets by bryce warren. Youarent very smart cpc5304.

I dont understand tennis very well, but the newspaper only listed singles and doubles winners for dI and dII, is there a team winner whos school is the "State champs" ?

Cincinnati really played well the whole weekend. The rest of the state played for third and fourth all weekend. Pretty impressive.