Prayers needed for Bishop Hartley offensive lineman Jake Skelly

sapientia et veritas

Please pray for Bishop Hartley student, Jake Skelly #78, who was recently diagnosed with B-cell ALL (acute lymphoblastic leukemia). He started chemo last Friday, after Thursday's diagnosis, and will be in the hospital all this week. He will be going through treatment for the first 8 months and will not be able to attend school, his senior year. He is in good spirits and the doctors feel that they caught it early. Prognosis is good, but this has rocked his family. His family is very close, but only one parent can stay with him. Jake and his family are in need of many prayers. May God's Healing Hands be on him for a full recovery.

Jake is a tough kid, and he's a fighter. He's a recent commit to the Ohio University Bobcats for football. His oldest sister was in my daughter's class, and his dad coached some of their teams. Great faith-filled family. Please keep Jake and all the Skelly family in your prayers. Thank you.

Prayers are with him and the family , having had a cousin who died of cancer as a teenager{ I was 8} I realize how traumatic this is for his family and his school family . I am really happy that he has a good prognosis . Rooting for a full recovery and strength for him and his family .

Heavenly Father I ask that you be with Jake and his family through this difficult time. You are a God of miracles and the master healer and physician. I pray that you heal Jake and also pray for the doctors and health team that will be overseeing and working with Jake as their patient. ??

Last edited:
Thinking about Jake and his family. Cancer is always incredibly tough, and it hurts especially bad to see a kid be inflicted with it. He’s surrounded by an incredible batch of people from the Hartley football family, to his parish (SPX?) and his siblings + parents.

My prayers are with his family, its going to be a long hard up hill battle, I know my 22 year old grand son who played for Perry ( Stark Co. ) graduated 2015, got diagnosed with acute melanoma leukemia in September , we lost him March 11 2020, he fought so hard an just when we thought he beat it he didn't was @ the Cleveland Clinic. He was a strong healthy kid 6 1 220 made the Stark Co all star team, prayers to his family bless them @ this time

My prayers are with his family, its going to be a long hard up hill battle, I know my 22 year old grand son who played for Perry ( Stark Co. ) graduated 2015, got diagnosed with acute melanoma leukemia in September , we lost him March 11 2020, he fought so hard an just when we thought he beat it he didn't was @ the Cleveland Clinic. He was a strong healthy kid 6 1 220 made the Stark Co all star team, prayers to his family bless them @ this time
Sorry for your loss as well. ?

Hate seeing young men, women afflicted with these cancers and terminal illnesses in some cases. It breaks my heart and brings things into focus as to what is really important. Prayers for this young man.