Powerball win chances

Tesoro

My boss and I did some calculations yesterday.

If you started at the east coast and laid a quarter side by side all the way to the west coast and back again....

Your chances of winning would be like walking that route and picking up the correct quarter.

If you started at the east coast and laid a quarter side by side all the way to the west coast and back again....

Your chances of winning would be like walking that route and picking up the correct quarter.

Slow day at work yesterday?

Nice analogy. Reminded me of Dorothy Parker's quote about the girls from Yale.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

What I hate is when I'm at the True North buying a case of beer, and the person in front of me at check out is buying lottery tickets 15 different ways, and the clerk has to explain everything to them, and it takes 10 minutes or more.

You're lazy, I know what you did.
You figured a quarter at a inch when it is only 15/ 16" then assumed that would even out for rise and fall in elevation from the shortest point as the crow flies... I checked you guy's stupid lazy math and guess what??? I don't have to walk by the last few miles of quarters!!! My chances improved greatly, I'm almost certainly winning for sure now.

You're lazy, I know what you did.
You figured a quarter at a inch when it is only 15/ 16" then assumed that would even out for rise and fall in elevation from the shortest point as the crow flies... I checked you guy's stupid lazy math and guess what??? I don't have to walk by the last few miles of quarters!!! My chances improved greatly, I'm almost certainly winning for sure now.
Ya got me!

Drawing in California gets delayed...issue is apparently because Minnesota is having issues...and when the dust settles there's 1 winning ticket sold in California.