Postponed Games, 9/7

The Butler

Please post new times and locations for any games postponed by weather. Post the score if they got underway before the delay.

Cincinnati Withrow @ Centerville. Re-start will be on Saturday at 6:00PM. Game will resume with 2:30 remaining in the 1st qtr. Centerville with the ball, leading Withrow 7-0.

Napoleon - Alter cancelled. Will not be rescheduled. Napoleon took the opening kickoff and was on Alter's 10 with 1st & goal when the delay happened 2-1/2 minutes into the game.

Napoleon - Alter cancelled. Will not be rescheduled.

So it's a no contest?
scratch.gif

La Salle at Princeton suspended in the first quarter with La Salle leading by a touchdown. Resumes at 7:00 p.m Saturday.

how the hell do colerain at st x play my game 4 miles away never started .the radio station covering st x /colerain says how don't they see this lighting

The following games were postponed due to lightning and have been rescheduled for Saturday:

St. Bernard at Cincinnati Country Day, 10 a.m. (with CCD leading 14-3 with 0:29 left in first quarter)

Madeira at North College Hill, 1:30 p.m.

Clark Montessori at Finneytown, 3 p.m. (4:48 left in first quarter, no score)

Anderson at Lakota West, 6 p.m.

Glen Este at Mason, 6:30 p.m. (5:48 left in first quarter, no score)
McNicholas at Turpin, 6:30 p.m. (with Turpin leading 20-7 at halftime)
Badin at Edgewood, 7:30 p.m.

Tecumseh at Northwest, 7 p.m.

Dayton Christian at Cincinnati Christian, 7 p.m. (9:22 left in second quarter, no score)

Brookhaven at Fairfield, 7 p.m.

Indian Hill at Taft, 4:30 p.m. (6:02 left in second quarter)

Middletown Madison at Wyoming, 4 p.m.

Summit/Deer park suspended with 6:46 to go in second quarter Summit leading 7-0. Resumes at 6pm Saturday evening.

Frankly, I don't know how any game inside the I-275 belt was not completed tonight. All one had to do was look at a weather channel to see the storms were 30-40 miles north. You couldn't even hear thunder when there was a lightening flash.

Carroll vs Bellefontaine game never started. A time could not be worked out for a reschedule. GAME IS CANCELLED!!

Burton Berkshire at Youngstown Liberty- game is postponed until tomorrow with a new kickoff time at 1:00 PM. I do not believe the game got underway tonight.

how the hell do colerain at st x play my game 4 miles away never started .the radio station covering st x /colerain says how don't they see this lighting

I am sure they saw the lightning. The announcers said the stadium had lightning detectors which i think all stadiums should have which is a better wY of telling if the lightning is really close enough where the game should be cancelled. That is probably why most other games were postponed because they were going off of eye sight.

Props to both teams IMO. Notice neither coach or the players asked to have the game delayed?? If either had objected they could have had the game stopped I'm sure. Great job cards and bombers!!!

I am sure they saw the lightning. The announcers said the stadium had lightning detectors which i think all stadiums should have which is a better wY of telling if the lightning is really close enough where the game should be cancelled. That is probably why most other games were postponed because they were going off of eye sight.

Actually that is incorrect...if you can see the lightning, you can be hit by it!! I am sure the crew who worked that game will lose their ref licenses for the rest of the year and the following year...if someone turns them in to the state.

Props to both teams IMO. Notice neither coach or the players asked to have the game delayed?? If either had objected they could have had the game stopped I'm sure. Great job cards and bombers!!!

That is about as an asinine comment as I have ever heard...coaches or players objecting?? There are rules in place for a reason no matter what the coach or players think. I hope OHSAA does what is right and corrects this situation with that crew, that was pretty crappy allowing it to go on risking the health of everyone on the field.