Portnoy wins auction for MNF with Goodell at his house

Arrogate

You may hate both of them but Portnoy spending 250k on an auction to watch a MNF game with Goodell in his man cave is pretty funny. No chance Roger goes through with it

It'll be interesting to see if the NFL allows it. They'll definitely try to block him from posting his own video. Either way it's a 250K business write off that will grab big headlines either way. And Goodell turning down a 250K donation. It'll be great content

I'm sure Goodell would just play it cool and make a joke of it himself. Is Portnoy still considered to be a relevant and enjoyable as he was 3-4 years ago?

Am I wrong to guess that Roger Goodell may actually be the most popular of the "big four" commissioners right now?

I'm sure Goodell would just play it cool and make a joke of it himself. Is Portnoy still considered to be a relevant and enjoyable as he was 3-4 years ago?

Am I wrong to guess that Roger Goodell may actually be the most popular of the "big four" commissioners right now?

I'd say Portnoy way more popular and also a lot wealthier. Barstool's become the the fastest growing content provider out of all the big media companies. They've done a good job at still creating content during this whole thing. Dave's getting 50K at a time viewers on insta to watch him open mail. Dan's created a horse race as well as his coaching in NCAA 2014.

And this is after they hit one of the biggest obstacles to date with losing March Madness. They were to go on a multi city tour to promote their new agreement with Penn National but that got canned. Wait till Penn National officially launches the Barstool betting app.

What is the backstory here?
Barstool vs nfl. Deflategate. Portnoy getting arrested trying to confront goodell, youtube video of this. Barstool getting into media days every year when they are banned. Getting kicked out of super bowl and arrested bc they are banned.

You ever see the clown face t shirt or towel of Goodell? Portnoy made those

Attachments

• download (11).jpeg
    download (11).jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 17

More relevant now than ever considering the sucess of Barstool and domination of the podcast market. I like PFT and Big Cat, they are pretty funny.

I'd say Portnoy way more popular and also a lot wealthier. Barstool's become the the fastest growing content provider out of all the big media companies. They've done a good job at still creating content during this whole thing. Dave's getting 50K at a time viewers on insta to watch him open mail. Dan's created a horse race as well as his coaching in NCAA 2014.

And this is after they hit one of the biggest obstacles to date with losing March Madness. They were to go on a multi city tour to promote their new agreement with Penn National but that got canned. Wait till Penn National officially launches the Barstool betting app.
I listen to Pardon My Take and the Cat Cave Derby/Coach Duggs is hilarious.

I’m personally not a big fan of Barstool, I like more in depth sports discussion. However, I do like that they seem to irk the woke sports writers of the world.

Portnoy is an , but he’s built a lifestyle brand that nobody else has been able to replicate. You can’t knock his massive success

I’m personally not a big fan of Barstool, I like more in depth sports discussion. However, I do like that they seem to irk the woke sports writers of the world.

Portnoy is an , but he’s built a lifestyle brand that nobody else has been able to replicate. You can’t knock his massive success
I don’t particularly care for him. I really just like Big Cat and PMT

Jesus, the Call Her Daddy girls have really played their contract negotiations wrong. Never knew who they were until now. But have enjoyed this.

Why is that?

I've heard of BSS, but if it were not for this thread I would have never heard of this dude.
Most of barstool's success has come from Portnoy pushing the envelope and creating controversy. So I'm surprised you've heard of barstool but not Portnoy.

Jesus, the Call Her Daddy girls have really played their contract negotiations wrong. Never knew who they were until now. But have enjoyed this.
That’s why I don’t really respect Barstool when it comes to sports. I get that the podcast was massively successful but what does it have to do with sports?

Most of barstool's success has come from Portnoy pushing the envelope and creating controversy. So I'm surprised you've heard of barstool but not Portnoy.
All I've ever seen of BSS is a couple decent looking women on some barstool facebook videos a year or two ago but they got so annoying I stopped following. He is on the show or just own it.

That’s why I don’t really respect Barstool when it comes to sports. I get that the podcast was massively successful but what does it have to do with sports?

It's never really been about sports. Sure they have some newer guys that are pretty good at covering individual leagues. But at the start it was about a few fans covering their teams as fans. But a majority of the site was current events, pop culture and just funny stories. The only reason it was named Barstool Sports was because nearly 20 years ago now it started as just Dave writing a sports gambling paper and some jokes.

They couldn't get credentialed to in any of the major leagues until the past few years. How do you become a serious sports website without access to cover them? The NHL kinda welcomed them which lead to the close relationship with that league.

They've become the fastest growing media company in the country because they've adapted. The brand has adapted to what the consumer wants. A lot of the traditional media have lost viewership/site traffic because they're tired of hearing the pc response to every question

Hilarious Dave failed the leagues background check with the NFL stating the petty wars they've had. Goodell turns down a 250K donation to charity and makes Barstool come out looking good again.