Portage Trail Conference 2019-20

I saw Ellet drilled Coventry again! lol This is the best Coventry team they have had in a long while and from my Akron sources this is the worst Ellet team in awhile. wow

I saw Ellet drilled Coventry again! lol This is the best Coventry team they have had in a long while and from my Akron sources this is the worst Ellet team in awhile. wow
No, the Coventry team of 2015/2016 was vastly superior to this years team. That team featured Bryce Hargrove and Conner Wess. And that team would have destroyed this years Ellet team.

Also, I really didn't think Coventry played that poorly this game. They got themselves into a hole the first quarter, but they managed to stop the bleeding, and keep it within 2-4 possessions the rest of the way until the very end. They are a young team, they have a rookie head coach in Dev McAfee, and they are growing together. I'm sure they will be fine.

Last edited:
Yeah, Coventry has actually been down the last few years. They should be solid in the PTC this year though.

No, the Coventry team of 2015/2016 was vastly superior to this years team. That team featured Bryce Hargrove and Conner Wess. And that team would have destroyed this years Ellet team.

Also, I really didn't think Coventry played that poorly this game. They got themselves into a hole the first quarter, but they managed to stop the bleeding, and keep it within 2-4 possessions the rest of the way until the very end. They are a young team, they have a rookie head coach in Dev McAfee, and they are growing together. I'm sure they will be fine.

Yeah in the PTC they should be fine! If they continue to get the influx of transfer kids (somehow) they will continue to be a middle of the road PTC team! If not and they just have Coventry kids, they will be back with Springfield and Field (which they kind of are already, no)?

Yeah in the PTC they should be fine! If they continue to get the influx of transfer kids (somehow) they will continue to be a middle of the road PTC team! If not and they just have Coventry kids, they will be back with Springfield and Field (which they kind of are already, no)?

Aha, so that's what you mad about. Athletes open enrolling out of Akron Public into Coventry. Well, I mean, given the state of Akron Public these days, can you really blame them?

Aha, so that's what you mad about. Athletes open enrolling out of Akron Public into Coventry. Well, I mean, given the state of Akron Public these days, can you really blame them?

Not mad about anything. If a parent thinks it presents a better opportunity for their kids, have at it!

I
Lol, at Ellet? Getting your hopes up early, are we?

We'll just have to see what Coach Dev can do this year.

Just giving you facts brother. They spent the whole month of August attending open gym at Ellet. There was interest there especially since they live a few miles away in the East cluster.
I'm sure if the new coach works out they may stick around.
Good luck this year!

Coventry finished 1st or 2nd in the PTC from 2014-2018.
2013-14 : 4th in PTC Metro (7th best league record of all PTC teams in both divisions)
2014-15 : 1st in PTC Metro (1st)
2015-16 : 1st in PTC Metro (2nd)
2016-17 : 2nd in PTC Metro (2nd)
2017-18 : 3rd in PTC Metro (4th)
2018-19 : 5th in PTC Metro (9th)

They definitely had a good run from the 2014-15 through 2016-17 seasons (3 years, not 5 years "from 2014-2018").

Well we are not talking about Wrestling. Obviously we know what that outcome would be for Ellet.

Well we are not talking about Wrestling. Obviously we know what that outcome would be for Ellet.
Or Track and Field for that matter. But give them their Basketball. Ellet beat Buchtel last night, so in spite of what BigWorm says about Ellet being down, Ellet has proven that they are still one of the top teams in the area, at least during the regular season.

Cloverleaf dominated Norton tonight from start to finish.

Norton has been averaging close to 70 points a game and were well under 50 tonight.

nice complete game by the Colts.