Playoffs Week four: Where are you headed?

LICKING COUNTY FAN

For me
Friday and Saturday @ Lucas Oil Stadium.
Game 80-85
Game 80-85
Lafayette Central Catholic vs Indianapolis Lutheran
Indianapolis Bishop Chatard vs Heritage Hills
Valparaiso vs New Palestine
Eastbrook vs Western Boone
East Noble vs Evansville Memorial
Carmel vs Center Grove.

Will be in the press box or on the field.

Won't be home from Las Vegas is time to go to a game Friday. Saturday I'll be going to Lima for Marion Local vs Patrick Henry.

Friday: Hartley v. Trotwood @ London

Saturday: (either) Lucas v. Harvest Prep @ DeSales, or, Ironton v. West Jefferson @ Chillicothe

With all due respect to LCF and the service he provides covering games in an era when covered games are limited, why go to Indiana when Ohio has such great matchups this week

With all due respect to LCF and the service he provides covering games in an era when covered games are limited, why go to Indiana when Ohio has such great matchups this week

Same reason I'm here. Covering six games at a domed stadium while in Ohio you can only see 2 games. If Ohio would open up their scheduling a bit and not be so rigid. But afternoon playoffs are a non starter for Ohio.
Screenshot_20191129-181140_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Same reason I'm here. Covering six games at a domed stadium while in Ohio you can only see 2 games. If Ohio would open up their scheduling a bit and not be so rigid. But afternoon playoffs are a non starter for Ohio.View attachment 4983

yeah, looks that crowd is real justification for an afternoon playoff game. Hope they opened the roof at Lucas Oil Stadium to help fit the overflow crowd in. And OHIO has afternoon playoff games, hence, 3 games next Friday, with two of those being in a weekday.

O
yeah, looks that crowd is real justification for an afternoon playoff game. Hope they opened the roof at Lucas Oil Stadium to help fit the overflow crowd in. And OHIO has afternoon playoff games, hence, 3 games next Friday, with two of those being in a weekday.
Over 19000 for the first 3 games.

Attendance on Saturday was 22,638 for a two-day total of 41,876 for the six games. That number is up slightly from last year's total of 41,538.

Where would top Indiana schools rank with Ohio teams?

Also, when I click on the news on pafootballnews I generally only see PA stories, but I know other states get covered. Where do they stash other states?

Where would top Indiana schools rank with Ohio teams?

Also, when I click on the news on pafootballnews I generally only see PA stories, but I know other states get covered. Where do they stash other states?
D1 Elder or PC over Carmel, close
D2 Massillon or LaSalle over New Palestine by a lot
D3 Reitz Memorial
D4 Bishop Chatard
D5/6/7 the Ohio teams would probably all win over Indiana squad of equal size. LCC had some fire power but a team like Marion Local or Anna or Springfield should win head to head over their counterparts.

As for PAFN, the redesign before the season made it mobile friendly but shunted some stuff to the bottom of the site and it was too late to get the design fixed since the season started. Next year they're going to do another refresh when Western PA Football is folded into PAFN and they just go by PAFN. Right now they're still two separate sites. Next year they're going to a dedicated server. Should help with some bandwidth issues. Has averaged just over 1000 unique visitors a day since August. And over 300k page views per month. Just on PAFN. This year there is over 90 writers, photographers and videographers covering games between PAFN and WPAF.

Next year there's going to be more PAFN stories in local papers because of content sharing between the site and local papers to expand coverage of games.

Longterm goal is getting every game in the state covered each weekend on PAFN. At least something more then just the final score.

Next week I'll be in Hershey covering the PA finals. LCF will be there too. Next week I'll be in Georgia for their finals and then in Texas the following weekend for the best weekend of high school football in the country. Twelve Texas state championship games.

I spent the weekend in the press box and in talking to a handful of guys who cover Indiana most seem to think New Palestine was the best team in the state.