Playoffs Round 2: Best Chances at an Upset?

Not much of an upset, but I see Taft beating Greenon soundly. They’re always here and put up games in playoffs that Greenon always gets their bell rung by if they play in regular season. i can see Taft winning by 2+ scores

Adena is a big, fast team. The running game is very strong, and they have length and speed on the outside while Sykes is also an accurate passer, especially downfield. They're really good in the trenches on both sides of the ball. They're DB's are strong, collecting I believe 15ints in their 6 gms. Their run defense forces teams to throw the ball. They have playoff experience, giving a great Mechanicsburg team all they could handle in last years playoffs. I look for Adena to come out big in this one!
I wouldn't say they gave the Burg all they could handle by any means. Maybe for the first quarter.

I agree that it will be a very good game and that Marysville will have a good shot to win. However, as physical as they are it is hard to compare them to Brian Whites group at Davidson because Marysville does not utilize the option. Because of that Marysville is much easier to prepare for. With that said even if you know what Marysville is going to do you have to match them in physicality. If you can look them in the eye physically they will not score very many points. They have near zero ability to put the ball in the air. Strictly basic wing T attack with minimal misdirection. Now luckily for Marysville they normally do not have to score very many points to win because of their strong defense. They have a future Buckeye at linebacker who has a true nose for the ball. I would suggest Northmont attacks the opposite side of the field that Gabe Powers is on. Marysville excels at stopping the run and they also blitz extremely well. It will be a tall task for the QB Rice. Marysville also has a decent secondary but they have not seen receivers quite like the ones they will see in Kettering. If Rice can get the ball off this could be big play central. This will be a great game. Best of luck to both teams.
I feel like a nailed this one....lol...It was a great game.....Rice had time to get the ball to his receivers who were simply better athletes than MHS's corners and the proved to be the x factor. Hats off to Marysville for putting up one heck of a fight.

'Burg didn't even take the lead until midway through the 3rd quarter.
It wasn’t due to anything by Adena, it was due to errors by Burg. I’m from southern Ohio but live in Burg now. Adena never plays competition anywhere close to the OHC or MAC. They’ll never make it in Region 24 unless they start scheduling some tough OOC teams to get them ready

It wasn’t due to anything by Adena, it was due to errors by Burg. I’m from southern Ohio but live in Burg now. Adena never plays competition anywhere close to the OHC or MAC. They’ll never make it in Region 24 unless they start scheduling some tough OOC teams to get them ready

?

Adena narrowly escapes the upset by a 37-0 score. Surprised an SVC team was able to beat a MAC team.

Next year, right? You said no football this year.
How about " nice job picking that upset". And as far as football goes, yes I did say they woudn't play. And that was my opinion. That's what yappi is alot of: people's opinions. The only good is that the kids get to play. But it is still not good from teams opting out, teams forfeiting out of playoff games due to Covid outbreaks, and almost no fans. So it is what it is. I just hope more forfeits don't continue to happen. And we still don't know the LONG TERM affects from this.

I like Fremont Ross's chances over Medina Highland. If they stay healthy, that team has the potential to surprise some people - and they are mainly sophomores. The sophomore QB has accounted for over 2,000 yards in 6 games + 2 quarters. Their defense is perhaps their achilles heal.
Evidently, Hornets took notice with your selection, Ha!

How about " nice job picking that upset". And as far as football goes, yes I did say they woudn't play. And that was my opinion. That's what yappi is alot of: people's opinions. The only good is that the kids get to play. But it is still not good from teams opting out, teams forfeiting out of playoff games due to Covid outbreaks, and almost no fans. So it is what it is. I just hope more forfeits don't continue to happen. And we still don't know the LONG TERM affects from this.
Lol. Did you keep your countdown going? I can't believe you are supporting this "dangerous" activity this year after the way you acted all summer. And you're willing to attend games despite being at risk? I really thought you would be boycotting the season to match your rhetoric back in May, June, and July. I guess when the rubber meets the road your principles flew out the door.

Enjoy the rest of the season.

Lol. Did you keep your countdown going? I can't believe you are supporting this "dangerous" activity this year after the way you acted all summer. And you're willing to attend games despite being at risk? I really thought you would be boycotting the season to match your rhetoric back in May, June, and July. I guess when the rubber meets the road your principles flew out the door.

Enjoy the rest of the season.
See what happens when you think. As far as principles, I have to make choices just like everyone else. I am still going to school and doing my job with a mask. I am still going to some games when possible. That does not mean I believe both should be happening. My principles are still: follow the health experts and science. That HAS NOT CHANGED!!! Masks, social distance, washing hands. And oh by the way, according to you, this will all go away in 2 Tuesdays. That is a joke. Numbers are doing as predicted. Starting to sky rocket. It's about to get ugly again. This is far from over. Sadly people are still dying. Sadly people are still contracting the virus and could have serious long term affects. But I guess that is OK with you. Hope you don't get inconvienenced again. I'll feel bad if you do.

See what happens when you think. As far as principles, I have to make choices just like everyone else. I am still going to school and doing my job with a mask. I am still going to some games when possible. That does not mean I believe both should be happening. My principles are still: follow the health experts and science. That HAS NOT CHANGED!!! Masks, social distance, washing hands. And oh by the way, according to you, this will all go away in 2 Tuesdays. That is a joke. Numbers are doing as predicted. Starting to sky rocket. It's about to get ugly again. This is far from over. Sadly people are still dying. Sadly people are still contracting the virus and could have serious long term affects. But I guess that is OK with you. Hope you don't get inconvienenced again. I'll feel bad if you do.
Lol. You don't think games should be happening? Did I read that right? But you're still going to games anyway?

I hope I misread that or you mistyped.

The rest of your rant is noted. Solid effort.

Lol. You don't think games should be happening? Did I read that right? But you're still going to games anyway?

I hope I misread that or you mistyped.

The rest of your rant is noted. Solid effort.
You've been pretty quiet on here for awhile. I like you better when your indoor bunker. Just go away.

I thought we were getting pizza when you're in town?
I'm just spent from school and everything that goes with it. As well as this pandemic. As well as missing out on my number 1 hobby of coming to Ohio every Friday for Ohio HS football. Been rough. Plus it is kind of funny having you bring up my countdown that didn't work as I thought.

I'm just spent from school and everything that goes with it. As well as this pandemic. As well as missing out on my number 1 hobby of coming to Ohio every Friday for Ohio HS football. Been rough. Plus it is kind of funny having you bring up my countdown that didn't work as I thought.
Lol. All good. Just messing with you a little. Hang in there and be safe.

Not bragging, just surprised an SVC team could beat a MAC team, that's all.
I know what you meant. I know the OHC got a victory against the MAC this year. LOL! I wonder if there are any other leagues besides the OHC and SVC to finally beat a MAC team?

Last edited: