Players stil playing who will one day be HOF

Please, making a logical argument as to why Adam Dunn will not make the HOF would be a waste of time. It would be much wiser to simply continue laughing at the guy.

From baseball reference: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/dunnad01.shtml

Hall Of Fame StatisticsPlayer rank in (·)
Black Ink Batting - 2 (603), Average HOFer ≈ 27
Gray Ink Batting - 79 (305), Average HOFer ≈ 144
Hall of Fame Monitor Batting - 59 (328), Likely HOFer ≈ 100
Hall of Fame Standards Batting - 27 (395), Average HOFer ≈ 50

He's really not even close with the batting stats and he sure as he11 isn't getting in with his glove. :shrug:

Was A-Rod intentionally left off?

No way does Dunn get in.

Also, where would you put Lance Berkman? I assume he was overlooked.

So, does anyone have an opinion on A-Rod. Definite first ballot guy without the steriod issue....will it keep him out? I grant Berkman really doesn't merit, but he's certainly closer than Big Donkey.

IDK... if Bonds doesn't get in I guess A-Rod shouldn't either, although Bonds obviously has a worse reputation concerning roids. ARod may finish the game with the best overall hitting statistics of all time.

Baseball HOF is very exclusive. Guys like Dunn, Konerko, McGriff and by my measure Thome, have never been considered among the elite hitters of their time at any point in their careers. Thome will likely make it anyway, but it will take a while. The other three will never make it. There are still so many players who had significant careers, and were considered the best in the game for a decent part of their careers, that are not in the HOF. Those players should get in before guys like Dunn are even considered.

Exactly...Thome has 600 and some question how long it will take him to get in, if he even does. Dunn even with 500 has no chance.

Maybe they make a special designation for all-time
strikeout leader? Adam Dunn is certainly on pace for that title... Dunn would have to hit 5 straight seasons of 50+ HRs, Bat over .330, average 110 rbi's and not make a single error for each of those seasons to have a
chance at the Hall... IF he does that, then his career numbers would be HOF material, but only when pigs fly... I remember when he played at Cincinnati, my brother and I would go to games and make a bet on how many errors he'd make in the game. It's a shame how much he's getting paid to strikeout at the plate... Though the only thing you can't deny is his power.. The big reason that he hasn't participated in the homerun derby is that organizers fear he'll swing and miss and all 10 pitches :laugh:

Then you're a moron

I don't think it's moronic to question that Omar Vizquel will be in the HOF, since he's more in the Ozzie Smith mold of SS, where you had a relatively light bat but a great glove. Younger fans are used to seeing some sluggers at SS now. Still, Omar will be in the HOF. He is as good in the field as any player who ever played the game, and his bat was adequate. He will not be first ballot, though. He'll make it in a few years after he's retired.

Konerko has had a pretty remarkable career but I don't think he's a HOFer unless he can somehow keep this consistency up for another few years until he's 40. He certainly doesn't appear to be slowing down this season