Piqua D 4 Sectional

Didn't realize Ansonia beat them in a close one. Probably those two and Bradford 4-5-6 at Piqua?
Yes, but very early in the season. That is somewhat of another issue with using a formula to seed teams. That loss early will penalize a team equally regardless of when it occured in a season.

The eye test says they are playing better lately.

Favorite by a large margin is Richmond heights, this team is stacked with D1 talent, another team to watch is Cornerstone Christian Acd. Hopefully for the MAC an SCAL team to be there but they usually beat each other up in Sectional and districts. Ottoville could be sneaky too.

I watched the FL/Marion game on tv. Marion won by 17, but I tell you what I don't know if I have ever seen a HS team miss as many lay-ups as Fort Loramie missed. I no marion has a bunch of size but Fort Loramie was shooting lay-ups and couldn't make anything. That game would have been much much closer if FL makes half of them. Not sure they would have won, but it would have gone down to the wire.

I haven't watch FL play much, but do they always shoot like that? They had to miss 12-15 lay-ups
they are getting ready for baseball...LOL!!

The top 4 seeds pretty much locked in?
1)JC
2) Russia
3 and 4 ) FL &Botkins
???
Probably not in the top 4 but Lehman has proved to be much improved last several games , losing tonight in overtime by a point. They should get the 4 or more likely 5 spot .

Jackson Center probably clinched the #1 with a 65-20 win over Fairlawn tonight.

Russia should get the 2 spot with a large margin win over Botkins. If I were voting it would be

1- Jackson Center
2- Russia
3-Ft Loramie
4-Lehman
5- Botkins

I'm guessing Botkins will actually be the 4, based on a better body of work for the year than Lehman.

Last edited:
Brackets are set!!! Russia seems to have easy path to Districts with a likely Botkins or Lehman sectional final!! And likely FL Vs JC in other final!!! FL could give JC some fits but ultimately I see Russia and JC advancing out rather easily!!! Thoughts???

Brackets are set!!! Russia seems to have easy path to Districts with a likely Botkins or Lehman sectional final!! And likely FL Vs JC in other final!!! FL could give JC some fits but ultimately I see Russia and JC advancing out rather easily!!! Thoughts???
Does Loramie have what it takes to beat JC? Does botkins have what it takes Russia? Could we see those 2 upsets?

I watched the FL/Marion game on tv. Marion won by 17, but I tell you what I don't know if I have ever seen a HS team miss as many lay-ups as Fort Loramie missed. I no marion has a bunch of size but Fort Loramie was shooting lay-ups and couldn't make anything. That game would have been much much closer if FL makes half of them. Not sure they would have won, but it would have gone down to the wire.

I haven't watch FL play much, but do they always shoot like that? They had to miss 12-15 lay-ups
Marion Local has a 6'9'' center and a 6' 8 '' fwd. that may have had something to do with the missed "layups".

I don't think JC wanted to see FL in their bracket. If FL can get off to a better start against JC I think we could have a really good game on our hands. The last two times they have played FL has just fallen behind so quickly and in both games they have came clawing back. The last game they had it to 3 and had a layup where the kid was hammered with no call, JC went down and drilled a 3 and separated, but the game was between 6-9 most of the night.

I heard that the Pleiman kid out of Botkins has a broken foot he is trying to play on, that will significantly end Botkins chances if he isn't healthy.
Went to New Bremen - Botkins game saw Pleiman favoring his one leg (foot) now I know why, scored 24 pts. in that game. Admire his toughness.

I have been a part of both methods and I prefer the closed district organized by geography. The best team coming out of an area. It was always strange to me playing a local teams in start of the tournament then playing a team over 70 miles away for a game only to then play a neighboring school in regionals. It's true that some areas are stronger then others but being the sole winner from your area is an accomplishment in the local level the way I see it. I find it comical that Jackson Center could play Cinci. Prep, Galion Nothmor and then Russia

I don't think JC wanted to see FL in their bracket. If FL can get off to a better start against JC I think we could have a really good game on our hands. The last two times they have played FL has just fallen behind so quickly and in both games they have came clawing back. The last game they had it to 3 and had a layup where the kid was hammered with no call, JC went down and drilled a 3 and separated, but the game was between 6-9 most of the night.

I heard that the Pleiman kid out of Botkins has a broken foot he is trying to play on, that will significantly end Botkins chances if he isn't healthy.
I will be in attendance tonight for the Bremen FL game, and I can give my analysis after. Saw Bremen almost take down jc and I saw Loramie smacked Coldwater so would not be surprised if Loramie got a big win tonight. Bremen is very inconsistent and I’ve heard Homan is out tonight and maybe more games.

I have been a part of both methods and I prefer the closed district organized by geography. The best team coming out of an area. It was always strange to me playing a local teams in start of the tournament then playing a team over 70 miles away for a game only to then play a neighboring school in regionals. It's true that some areas are stronger then others but being the sole winner from your area is an accomplishment in the local level the way I see it. I find it comical that Jackson Center could play Cinci. Prep, Galion Nothmor and then Russia
The fact that the Central Ohio division IV district winners take up two of the 16 regional spots is a crime. Those teams are not good. I know, it's part of the system, but dang. You'll have some good teams sitting home in NW Ohio while those teams get their doors blown off.

The fact that the Central Ohio division IV district winners take up two of the 16 regional spots is a crime. Those teams are not good. I know, it's part of the system, but dang. You'll have some good teams sitting home in NW Ohio while those teams get their doors blown off.
That is what someone like FL, Botkins is going to be saying while Troy Christian and JC beat the brakes off of 2 cincinnati teams. I would venture to say that FL, Botkins would give Troy Christian everything they would want and more in a district final game. If i were to put money on it i might even put money on FL or Botkins.

That is what someone like FL, Botkins is going to be saying while Troy Christian and JC beat the brakes off of 2 cincinnati teams. I would venture to say that FL, Botkins would give Troy Christian everything they would want and more in a district final game. If i were to put money on it i might even put money on FL or Botkins.
I remember FL beat Troy Christian last year by a good margin

Yes. It was a 1 point game at half and they ended up losing by 15.

But that was last year and this year's team is not last year's.
Yes, and this years FL's team has all those same juniors that are now seniors. Of course the 2 starters that are hurt.

I get what your saying, but FL is also better than they were last year even with 2 of the 5 starters being out.

Yes, and this years FL's team has all those same juniors that are now seniors. Of course the 2 starters that are hurt.

I get what your saying, but FL is also better than they were last year even with 2 of the 5 starters being out.
Well, I don't know that we will get to find out this year who has improved more. IF they met....reginal semis or finals?

I remember FL beat Troy Christian last year by a good margin
Check your memory again. It was not by a good margin, unless you were rooting for FL.

The press just got destroyed in that game last year. Dont know if it is usual or not, but when I have seen Troy Christian this year they did not press much, where last year they pressed from opening tip off to the end of the game.

I think it is the regional finals according to someones post above. FL has to beat JC and I don't think they can do that. JC has given FL fits both games. FL just can't get it closer than 6-8 in both games.

I believe TC has to go through Russia in the semi finals
Yes. I just looked and I think you're correct.

Good luck to you guys. You never know in the tournament.

Check your memory again. It was not by a good margin, unless you were rooting for FL.

The press just got destroyed in that game last year. Dont know if it is usual or not, but when I have seen Troy Christian this year they did not press much, where last year they pressed from opening tip off to the end of the game.
15 is a good margin in my book.
2DCD401A-EA29-49E1-BB48-757930E8BABF.jpeg

Yes. I just looked and I think you're correct.

Good luck to you guys. You never know in the tournament.
I have no affiliation with these schools. I’m more NW Ohio, but occasionally I’ll head to piqua and check out those sectional games.

I have no affiliation with these schools. I’m more NW Ohio, but occasionally I’ll head to piqua and check out those sectional games.
I guess I was speaking with LGB as I thought he was an FL guy but good luck to your team too.

This is the fun time of the year for sure.

That kills this sectional what they (Botkins) could be with him healthy right now and if Bradford had Davidson this sectional would maybe be the best it’s ever been top 6 teams.

FL is the same way. They get smacked my Marion last weekend who Coldwater competed with then absolutely drill Coldwater. I can't figure them out. Hoepfully you will see a good one.
Fun game to watch as a spectator. My Cards lost in OT for the 2nd straight game to FL. Good game all around, we had an early lead and gave it up as the redksins clawed back. They very well could beat JC, they have a good combination of everything.

Some decent games this weekend.

1. Lehman vs Newton (Friday) should be a good one.
2. Ansonia vs Bradford (Saturday) should be a good one

Russia wins by 35+ (Thursday)
JC wins by 35+ (Saturday)
Botkins wins by 25+ (Friday)
Fort Loramie wins by 30+ (Saturday)

Who’s the favorite in these sectional games? In the ones you said should be good?

I would have to say Lehman.

Bradford/Ansonia game is a toss up.

Ansonia hung tough with Russia for a half down 32-31 a couple weeks ago, then got blown out in the 2nd half. Bradford just beat Newton last Friday which surprised me.

I like Lehman by 15 or more over Newton.