Piqua (5-4) @ Troy (7-2) for the 135th time!

INDIANS_RULE

This game has over the past few years turned into a get into the playoffs game, and the 2019 version will be no different. Troy can probably still get in with a loss, but will have to travel to Whitehouse or Toledo Central Catholic with the loss if they can squeak in. But Piqua has no other option to get into the playoffs other than with a win Friday night. You can do all the Troy played "team X" this way and Piqua played them this way all you want, but none of that matters a bit. This is an entire week of nothing else matters to anyone other than beating each other. This will be the most physical game each other will play all year!

Here is how things have looked since 2000!

2000..............Troy 24, Piqua 14
2001..............Piqua 28, Troy 0
2002................Piqua 9, Troy 6
2003..............Piqua 10, Troy 3
2004..............Troy 30, Piqua 7
2005............Piqua 13, Troy 12
2006..............Piqua 42, Troy 7
2007............Troy 36, Piqua 35
2008............Troy 49, Piqua 28
2009..............Troy 26, Piqua 0
2010............Troy 27, Piqua 14

2011............. Troy 27, Piqua 7
2012...............Piqua 14, Troy 0
2013...............Piqua 33, Troy 27
2014..............Piqua 41, Troy 10
2015..............Piqua 26 Troy 7
2016..............Troy 37 Piqua 14
2017..............Troy 32-6
2018..............Troy 7-6

Troy leads the series 65-63-6

It's that wonderful time of the year..... GO PIqua!! Trash Troy!!!

Troy should win. But would not be suprised if Piqua did also. Which Piqua team will show up? I think we know what Troy is.

This could be a multi overtime classic.

Troy should win. But would not be suprised if Piqua did also. Which Piqua team will show up? I think we know what Troy is.

This could be a multi overtime classic.

The Indians will be ready to go, plus after the way the Tipp City game ended last night there will probably be some anger issues swirling.

TT05...... there is about a 2% chance either team wins this game by 21 points!

I think this will be a close game. I just hope that it’s a clean game on both sides.
Troy 28
Piqua 14
Is Nees protesting the targeting call late in last weeks game

The last few mins of the game everytime the defense made a play somehow a flag was thrown. It got very "heated" between the coaches, players and fans on both sides and you could see the frustration building.
LOL. I am sure none of those were warranted either, amirite?

It's my understanding that there is not a process to file an official protest. It is very unfortunate as it is clear on film it was not targeting. It was not helmet leading contact, let alone helmet to helmet contact. The refs got it wrong on that one which will cost the kid a chance to play in this big game.

You could be right or it could play out like last year's game where Troy was a heavy favorite and it took some heroics in the last half of the 4th quarter for them to finally score.

You could be right or it could play out like last year's game where Troy was a heavy favorite and it took some heroics in the last half of the 4th quarter for them to finally score.
Don't be wishy washy....

I say Troy by two scores.

LOL. I am sure none of those were warranted either, amirite?

Oh now I didn't say that..... Piqua has a few players that are let's say are very vocal and play to the very echo'ish of the whistle. So by all means some of the calls were very much warranted!

Also, to touch on the ejected player discussion, there is nothing that can be done about it without a lawyer and it wouldn't do any good... and here is why..... the play was just after Tipp had a player carted off the field and taken to the hospital and Bruchacher (SP?) gave the refs an ear full. The hit in question is on YouTube, the kid hit him early it was obvious pass interference and given the situation it is what it is.

These threads used to be epic. So much trash talk. Everyone is too nice these days lol.

Here is the problem now, a lot of players read these and if any of us "fans" say something it ends up being locker room material.....LOL

Plus, I'm not the only Piqua poster on this message board but I am probably the most active. So I'm not saying anything..... I think Piqua can very much win this game, I think they have the defense to keep Troy in check and just enough offense to win. I don't think it will be very high scoring somewhere in the range of 25-35 points total IMHO.

It's my understanding that there is not a process to file an official protest. It is very unfortunate as it is clear on film it was not targeting. It was not helmet leading contact, let alone helmet to helmet contact. The refs got it wrong on that one which will cost the kid a chance to play in this big game.

Can't protest it but Piqua can send the video clip in to OHSAA for the head ref to review for discussion with the crew that officiated the game. They have a process. Some crews in the past have even been suspended due to that process.

Troy actually should lose this game if they are smart, if they win there's a chance they will get paired with Berlin, which is a game they will definitely lose.

We will see who is laughing after round 1 of the playoffs. The rural Dayton hillbilly ball yawl play around there is a joke, and we will see that when you actually face some big city teams, which to both Piqua and Troy's credit, you do a very good job of avoiding in the regular season.

We will see who is laughing after round 1 of the playoffs. The rural Dayton hillbilly ball yawl play around there is a joke, and we will see that when you actually face some big city teams, which to both Piqua and Troy's credit, you do a very good job of avoiding in the regular season.

So based on your first post I will "assume" since you mentioned Berlin that you're a Olentangy Berlin fan..... which is currently in 9th of the latest computer points in R7. Now while I could be wrong about that we are going to run with it, you claim that both Piqua and Troy avoid playing big city schools.... But isn't Dayton a big city? Do I need to point out that according to the schedule this Berlin team has only beaten one team with a winning record?

Look you might be right, both Piqua or Troy will most likely get bounced in the first round. I don't know about Troy, but Piqua has 9 seniors on this team but I know both are starting quite a few very young kids. So making the playoffs with such a young group will go a long way in it's own right. But maybe you should just hope your team can even get into the playoffs rather then counting on a first round win.

But if your not a Olentangy fan.... then none of this or you really matters.

No, Dayton is not a big city compared to cincy, columbus or cleveland. And in terms of mid-sized cities, Toledo is light years ahead of Dayton in football currently.

Piqua played 1 team ranked in the top 100 on Drew50, a 28-7 loss to #55 DCJ
Troy played 1 team ranked in the top 100 on Drew50, a 62-13 loss to #27 Turpin (which is a highly suspect ranking, given Turpin has not played anyone at all either)

Berlin has played 4 games against top 100 teams, beat one, led the entire game in one of them with their starting QB, LT, and 2 best WR all not playing and lost on a last second FG, and played a game last week against #56 where they shot themselves in the foot for a half before finally starting to play, and completely outclassing Jerome for the 2nd half, and had they not had a punt blocked would have won the game.

So yes, Berlin is competitive against several teams in the top 100. Troy and Piqua aren't qualified to even do the laundry of anyone in the top 100.

And cut me some slack, I'm trying to help TT05 with the trash talking request.

While I do like your name, I think you might be a fool. A lot of big cities have private or public schools with open enrollment to draw from. For towns with 1 public high school to draw from, I think Troy and Piqua do just fine. CJ has 1 lose and is picked to make a run in the playoffs and Turpin is undefeated and ranked 4th in the state. I’ve never even heard of the school you’re repping! Piqua has at least won a state title. Have you ever been relevant? I seriously don’t even know where your school is. As far as wanted to lose for better opponent..,look those schools up in the 1 and 2 seed. TCC is a final 4-8 school every year and The 2 seed hasn’t been scored on since week 3. Do your homework.

Berlin has played 4 games against top 100 teams, beat one, led the entire game in one of them with their starting QB, LT, and 2 best WR all not playing and lost on a last second FG, and played a game last week against #56 where they shot themselves in the foot for a half before finally starting to play, and completely outclassing Jerome for the 2nd half, and had they not had a punt blocked would have won the game.

That is the longest run on sentence I have ever read. Almost ran out of breath trying to read it ... LOL. Do they use periods up there in Berlin, wherever that is?

No, Dayton is not a big city compared to cincy, columbus or cleveland. And in terms of mid-sized cities, Toledo is light years ahead of Dayton in football currently.

Piqua played 1 team ranked in the top 100 on Drew50, a 28-7 loss to #55 DCJ
Troy played 1 team ranked in the top 100 on Drew50, a 62-13 loss to #27 Turpin (which is a highly suspect ranking, given Turpin has not played anyone at all either)

So yes, Berlin is competitive against several teams in the top 100. Troy and Piqua aren't qualified to even do the laundry of anyone in the top 100.

And cut me some slack, I'm trying to help TT05 with the trash talking request.

Piqua and Troy get 2 non-league games a year..... Troy played Dayton Belmont and Cincinnati Turpin... Piqua played Dayton CJ and Lima Sr. the other games on both schedules are league games and they have no control over those. Like Barbershop mentioned Piqua has a State Championship (ask Toledo Central Catholic about that) and a State Championship runner-up.... has your school ever done anything? So to answer my own question, the answer is no.. if you look on Joe Eitel all the way to right it says the last time your school made the playoffs. To the right of your school it says you have NEVER made the playoffs. Both Piqua and Troy have a "Ohio's Mr. Football" and both have many regional championships. Like I said before, you should worry about your school just making the playoffs.

Back to the Piqua-Troy game..... Piqua is having the pep rally tonight (Wednesday) because the JV game is Thursday and Beggars night is also Thursday.

GO Piqua!!
Trash Troy

It's been a few years since I drug my wife north to watch this rivalry. It's a great one, always interests me. I'm going with the team that needs it the most, so I'll say:

Piqua 14
Troy 13