Pick Central moves on...

Heelinohio

PC got punched in the mouth for the first time all season on Friday night... Hats off to Darby. They had leads of 7-0 and 10-7 before PC finally grabbed the lead and never gave it up. Darby had a great game plan and executed it very well -- EXCEPT they forgot why Lorenzo Styles, Jr is heading to Notre Dame! Styles' punt return TD and Kickoff return TD enabled PC to finally overtake Darby. PC only had one offensive possession in the 1st qtr. and the defense stayed on the field almost the entire 2 qtr as well. Darby's run game was effective, they milked the play clock to the last possible second and converted on multiple 4th down and short situations. That resulted in an incredible advantage in time of possession in the 1st half. Thankfully Darby's passing game was dreadful and eventually PC's vaunted defense finally woke up. Overall, this was a fun game and one that PC needed. Last thing: Tigers must eliminate the unsportsmanlike penalties and personal fouls...

I hate to hear unsportmanlike penalties, but PC is always a highly penalized team. It has always driven me crazy since 2007. But it comes with the physicality and aggression that they play with. Rarely will a team be more physical. PC special teams are off the charts. Styles has almost broken a punt return or kick return in every game this year. PC is crazy on the special teams. I'm a little bummed out the defense struggled with the running attack in the first half. I do like when PC has different facets of their game that hold them up. If the offense struggles then special teams or the defense steps up. It is a good win tonight, and should focus the Tigers in coaching up some of the flaws. It only gets tougher. I love this team's potential. I'm hoping they get shot at X to go to the show. In the meantime I will cross my fingers they get by the next couple weeks. Wallace' success will be the determining factor going forward. He is going to have to run the ball more and more to put the defenses on their heels. The effective running QB drives any defense crazy.

PC is loaded with talent. The mental mistakes with penalties need to overcome. I believe they will make it to finals and repeat as champions. They look great.

I hate to hear unsportmanlike penalties, but PC is always a highly penalized team. It has always driven me crazy since 2007. But it comes with the physicality and aggression that they play with. Rarely will a team be more physical. PC special teams are off the charts. Styles has almost broken a punt return or kick return in every game this year. PC is crazy on the special teams. I'm a little bummed out the defense struggled with the running attack in the first half. I do like when PC has different facets of their game that hold them up. If the offense struggles then special teams or the defense steps up. It is a good win tonight, and should focus the Tigers in coaching up some of the flaws. It only gets tougher. I love this team's potential. I'm hoping they get shot at X to go to the show. In the meantime I will cross my fingers they get by the next couple weeks. Wallace' success will be the determining factor going forward. He is going to have to run the ball more and more to put the defenses on their heels. The effective running QB drives any defense crazy.
That taunting penalty before half could’ve been greatly consequential if it was against Mentor, X or Northmont, as it led to PC getting zero points on that drive since they got bricked as time expired.

I think this week is when the season gets tough. Bradley has stayed in the game with everyone they played against. If it was just a win/loss look Bradley loses. I don't think Bradley has ever gotten blown out this year.

PC is so well versed for the play offs. It's inbred in their culture. The Tigers may lose a quarter or two, but the end result is playing next week. I am dying to see if Wallace starts running the ball more for PC. It is such a threat to defenses when your QB is an effective running back. I also love Wallace' decision making. You can tell he is a smart young man and very poised. This is another great Tiger team, and definitely fun to watch.

I think this week is when the season gets tough. Bradley has stayed in the game with everyone they played against. If it was just a win/loss look Bradley loses. I don't think Bradley has ever gotten blown out this year.

PC is so well versed for the play offs. It's inbred in their culture. The Tigers may lose a quarter or two, but the end result is playing next week. I am dying to see if Wallace starts running the ball more for PC. It is such a threat to defenses when your QB is an effective running back. I also love Wallace' decision making. You can tell he is a smart young man and very poised. This is another great Tiger team, and definitely fun to watch.
I think this game versus Bradley will be a blowout. PC matches up very well versus spread teams. Bradley’s DBs don’t tackle very well. I have heard that coach Triv from Mentor doesn’t think highly of PC and wanted this matchup. This will be much more fun to watch than the Wing T offenses we have played against several times this year.

I'm thinking Bradley will put up a tough battle and not just roll over, but i like PC to win by 2-3 scores. I think the Darby gm was just what PC needed to get them back on focus. While the 35-16 final score could easily have been 49-9 (considering A. Styles' interception called back on mystery penalty, the poor clock management at the end of the first half, and the kneel down at the end of game rather than scoring another TD), Darby exploited a few weaknesses. The OCC-Buckeye schedule didn't do much to help prep for the post-season that's for sure...

I'm thinking Bradley will put up a tough battle and not just roll over, but i like PC to win by 2-3 scores. I think the Darby gm was just what PC needed to get them back on focus. While the 35-16 final score could easily have been 49-9 (considering A. Styles' interception called back on mystery penalty, the poor clock management at the end of the first half, and the kneel down at the end of game rather than scoring another TD), Darby exploited a few weaknesses. The OCC-Buckeye schedule didn't do much to help prep for the post-season that's for sure...
I believe PC will win convincingly. Spread them out. I could see several picks. And their pressure up front will create rushed throws. They haven’t been challenged. Last week was simply a wake up call. They are big and athletic. 12 players with solid D1 offers and several other NAIA and D2 offers. What’s even more scary is that only about 5 or 6 are seniors. Anything can happen. If Jay has the bulletin board material from Triv he’ll lay it on and never say a word and/or deny it. Curious to see how regions paired up. Region 1 looks to be Medina or Mentor. Region 2 maybe Coffman. Region 4 I’ll take Colerain or St X. St X to me is the only matchup I could see them potentially losing. I believe that they would win but would be a good game.

I think this game versus Bradley will be a blowout. PC matches up very well versus spread teams. Bradley’s DBs don’t tackle very well. I have heard that coach Triv from Mentor doesn’t think highly of PC and wanted this matchup. This will be much more fun to watch than the Wing T offenses we have played against several times this year.
After getting knocked out of the playoffs by Pick Central in 2 of his last 3 years at Mentor, I find this hard to believe. Sounds like someone is trying to create chalkboard material for a game where it shouldn't be necessary.

After getting knocked out of the playoffs by Pick Central in 2 of his last 3 years at Mentor, I find this hard to believe. Sounds like someone is trying to create chalkboard material for a game where it shouldn't be necessary.
I agree with that. Coach Triv is a great coach and I really like his ability to call a game. That’s why I said if Jay has it. Most of the time I think Jay lets it roll off his back as gossip. I will say though that for the first time I can remember against Groveport this year I think Jay really went after them. I have no knowledge but seemed like a very “un-Jay” like called game. Could be from the way last year went down and all the chatter. Triv will be good for Bradley. Can’t wait for the game.

I don't think Bradley is going to roll over. I know 2018 was a different roster. The 2018 game was super close, and I would even had said PC was outplayed that game. I would not be surprised if Bradley jumps out front. Bradley's spread O is pretty effective. I'm not sure of their QB's talent this year But if he is an effective runner it will give PC a ton of headaches.
I'm a die hard PC fan. But I think the 2018 game plan was a great road map against PC's defense. A huge penalty and a dropped pass in the red zone had Bradley watching the playoffs from the bleachers.
I think if Bradley is smart, they will dust off their 2018 script, and kick and punt away from having returns made by PC's special teams. It's games like this that PC's play off experience kicks in gear. PC will find a way to win this game, but it will be close.

The 2018 gm. vs Bradley was a war! That win and the one over Wayne in the 2016 Regional Final are two of the most satisfying for me over the past 20 years or so. I thought Bradley may have been the better team in 2018, but PC had some great "intangibles". Tomorrow's game should be fun. Wish i could actually get into the stadium, but i'll be watching from outside the fence behind the north end zone...again.

I don't think Bradley is going to roll over. I know 2018 was a different roster. The 2018 game was super close, and I would even had said PC was outplayed that game. I would not be surprised if Bradley jumps out front. Bradley's spread O is pretty effective. I'm not sure of their QB's talent this year But if he is an effective runner it will give PC a ton of headaches.
I'm a die hard PC fan. But I think the 2018 game plan was a great road map against PC's defense. A huge penalty and a dropped pass in the red zone had Bradley watching the playoffs from the bleachers.
I think if Bradley is smart, they will dust off their 2018 script, and kick and punt away from having returns made by PC's special teams. It's games like this that PC's play off experience kicks in gear. PC will find a way to win this game, but it will be close.

Their QB Mirgon is an excellent runner . He's built like the basketball point guard that he is , and is very elusive slippery with good speed and instincts . He's a handful . In Coffman's 28-14win , his two longer runs scored one and setup anohter and his third down escape in the red zone running it down to the 2 was one of the better " Houdini " like QB escapes I saw that made the second TD possible. He gets out of the pocket and throws well on the run . So to answer your question he is more than an effective runner he is a dangerous one .

Their QB Mirgon is an excellent runner . He's built like the basketball point guard that he is , and is very elusive slippery with good speed and instincts . He's a handful . In Coffman's 28-14win , his two longer runs scored one and setup anohter and his third down escape in the red zone running it down to the 2 was one of the better " Houdini " like QB escapes I saw that made the second TD possible. He gets out of the pocket and throws well on the run . So to answer your question he is more than an effective runner he is a dangerous one .
Another Central blowout. Complete domination. Thought this would be more of game. Could have been worse. Jay did only what he had to. Showed nothing.

Another Central blowout. Complete domination. Thought this would be more of game. Could have been worse. Jay did only what he had to. Showed nothing.
Very vanilla today. Bradley was daring Centrsl to throw the ball. Not sure what happened on the blown coverage, they need to clean that up but give Bradley credit for executing. Once Central got up by 20 I think the goal was to keep the clock moving. Nobody wanted a rain delay. Bradley played hard but were just out manned. Hopefully PC gets a few players back over the next couple of weeks.

Not having actually seen Bradley, i bought into the hype and thought this would be a real challenge... Darby was way more impressive. This was yet another "name-the-score" game for PC.

Zero Bradley first downs in the first half... Jay definitely didn't show anything on offense - at all. OMG, i'm spoiled! Looking forward to next week already.

Bradley was so timid. The QB was not effective at all. I was surprised that Bradley didn't throw more often. PC's offense was good in the first half. I did love how Wallace faked handoffs or hid the ball. Pretty smart player. PC defense was outstanding. I wasn't crazy about the second half, as you could feel PC took their foot off the gas. Special teams for PC are just sick. Styles is off the charts great. 43 yard field goal was pretty impressive too. Other than shuttle passes, it felt PC passed the ball 3 times. I was impressed how they beat down Bradley in the first half. Played great to get the short field. I think PC will need to step it up another notch going into the regionals.

North ran for almost 400 against them and pressured the WC QB into mistakes.

slow field slows down WC. Their huge OLine against pick central d line- advantage PC. PC also has the athletes to cover WC receivers.

PC-35
WC- 14