Phillip Seymour Hoffman found dead

To be accurate, he did not say the "opposite." He said the "opposing view," which as it was laid out in the thread I think that would be more appropriately labeled as indifference.

Someone really read the Enquirer?

I just look at the pictures.

So has it been decided? Are we sad or is it just a sad thing that we're really not sad about?

Did I hear correctly that they found 70 prepared doses ? Weeks after a 10-day detox, the kind that they go to when just playing at getting clean. Hard to argue that he wasn't choosing this lifestyle, if these statements are correct. Poor choices.

Someone explain to me how this wasn't a suicide?

Either that or he was trying to take drugs off the streets by buying it all.

I think it's sad and unfortunate when someone becomes addicted to drugs to the point they lose control over their lives. :shrug:

Yeah, I actually have to agree with this, without spending too much emotional energy over it. It's the sort of thing I could only do that if it were personal. I can understand crying over the murder of a celebrity but over this? Over my head.

So he had 70 doses ready to go. Doesn't mean it was a suicide. Did you see the size of that gut on the guy? I guarantee he had a Costco size jar of peanut butter and 20 boxes of oatmeoat meat creme pies in his cabinet. The guy obviously was a gluten.

So he had 70 doses ready to go. Doesn't mean it was a suicide. Did you see the size of that gut on the guy? I guarantee he had a Costco size jar of peanut butter and 20 boxes of oatmeoat meat creme pies in his cabinet. The guy obviously was a gluten.

Wow, a wheat addiction too!

The guy didn't stand a chance.

Your wife told me you like these too.

Have you ever been at an out-of-the-way place outside a hospital, and seen patients in gowns and robes, wheeling their own IV stands (or even oxygen), out in the cold, sneaking cigarettes ? I have.

Maybe there are degrees of suicide ?

If it was a person of average means with that divvied quantity, they would be looking at him for distribution. I think this guy just wanted to be ready when it was buzz time. He might have even been planning to ration himself.

Have you ever been at an out-of-the-way place outside a hospital, and seen patients in gowns and robes, wheeling their own IV stands (or even oxygen), out in the cold, sneaking cigarettes ? I have.

Maybe there are degrees of suicide ?

If it was a person of average means with that divvied quantity, they would be looking at him for distribution. I think this guy just wanted to be ready when it was buzz time. He might have even been planning to ration himself.

Planning for the apocalypse. He probably had a whole closet full of canned green beans.

He loved heroin more than he loved his family, kids, friends, celebrity and making movies.

Apparently this Dad of the Year thought he could shoot up one last time before picking up the kids.

I feel sad for his kids until I realize in the long run they may be better off.