Phillip Seymour Hoffman found dead

You don't believe humans are capable of exercising free will?

Bcb either doesn't know how to read or really doesn't understand. :shrug:

I find it sad and unfortunate. He made bad choices that made him helpless over addiction and it cost his life; that's pretty f'n sad. That doesn't condone or absolve him from those choices....and he is responsible for his own death.

You don't find a wasted human life sad?

A wasted human life is sad. Had he died in a plane crash or some other accident, it would be sad. It's unfortunate the way he died and it is terrible that his children are now fatherless and had to experience this, but as for him...he has plenty of money and could seek help if he wanted it. Or, better yet, he could have not put that first needle in his arm to begin with.

A wasted human life is sad. Had he died in a plane crash or some other accident, it would be sad. It's unfortunate the way he died and it is terrible that his children are now fatherless and had to experience this, but as for him...he has plenty of money and could seek help if he wanted it. Or, better yet, he could have not put that first needle in his arm to begin with.

Wha? Not got into drugs in the first place? What do you mean?

You're not going to win over any friends here with that kind of attitude buddy!! :stirthepot:

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone other than recently is suggesting PSH's death is anyone's fault but his own. No doubt it's on him.....still doesn't mean people can't find the situation sad and unfortunate. :shrug:

You think people on here are emotionally upset over his death?

Yes, a few. ELDER09 and recently, specifically.

I for one heard about this story, and the first thing in my head was, "Welp I better go switch out the laundry." I simply have no time to worry or care about what happens to any drug addict. They are all huge pieces of garbage.

Yes, a few. ELDER09 and recently, specifically.

I for one heard about this story, and the first thing in my head was, "Welp I better go switch out the laundry." I simply have no time to worry or care about what happens to any drug addict. They are all huge pieces of garbage.

I guess the second and third things in your head were to go on yappi to tell us all how much you don't have the time to care and instruct everyone else how to react. :shrug:

I doubt either e09 or recently are treating this as if a friend died. He's a well known actor and it's news....

I guess the second and third things in your head were to go on yappi to tell us all how much you don't have the time to care and instruct everyone else how to react. :shrug:

I doubt either e09 or recently are treating this as if a friend died. He's a well known actor and it's news....

No, I actually didnt opine on this until well after the news. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand that I think his addiction was sad, but the fact that he died was pretty much karma and due to his own poor decision making, AKA Free Will.

god ..he looked awfully puffy for a heroin addict ... i know they can be fat to but he should have just stuck to the weed like The Dude did The Big Lebowski....

So do you find a wasted human life sad or not?

To the dead addict his life wasn't wasted. Obviously, he continued down the road he was on, obviously disregarded any kind of treatment he just had... to him he was doing exactly what he wanted to do. As evidenced by the massive amounts of drugs found at the scene. He hadn't planned on trying to curtail his lifestyle at all. Not wasted. Just stupid.