perry district

gatornation

Can anyone tell me how the first day of this district is going to be set up. Baumspage says Tues and Wed. I know it is a split district for the boys so are they running the 2 boys on one day and the girls the other? Maybe we will find out that week??

Can anyone tell me how the first day of this district is going to be set up. Baumspage says Tues and Wed. I know it is a split district for the boys so are they running the 2 boys on one day and the girls the other? Maybe we will find out that week??

I can't answer your question, but I have a battery of other related questions.

How do they decide which boys teams are assigned to each section? Do the coaches seed themselves and then pick their section? Are the teams pre-assigned to their section? Is it a random draw? I need to know. :)

They had a similar setup last spring with the girls DIII teams at the Independence district, so perhaps CVC or KJogger can offer some insight on the process.

I want to know in who's messed up brain, excluding CC609's, does it make sense to have the Perry district only have 24 boys teams when the others have 16? 24 /2 = 12... Especially when the only District in the NE with the same boys and girls teams is Lakeview.

Dowe know for sure where each District in the NE goes to Regionals?

Will there still be districts that only have 2 or 3 teams pole vaulting.

Well, I received my answer. The boys will be on Tues and the girls are on Thur not Wed(Div 1 and 3 would interfer with that). I was told that they will have a seeding meeting to determine who is in each District(boys a and b). They are still working out all the details. They have been in contact with Independence since they have been through this before. Yes, psycho dad, it is posted where all the districts will go. Bedford(the new Ravenna) is perry a and b, lakeview and salem for the boys, midview boys go to Lexington. Bedford is perry, midview, lakeview and salem for the girls. So Midview teams will be split for boys and girls going to different regionals.

I want to know in who's messed up brain, excluding CC609's, does it make sense to have the Perry district only have 24 boys teams when the others have 16? 24 /2 = 12... Especially when the only District in the NE with the same boys and girls teams is Lakeview.

Dowe know for sure where each District in the NE goes to Regionals?

Will there still be districts that only have 2 or 3 teams pole vaulting.

According to milesplit, boys teams that pole vault or have at least cleared a height by district site:

Salem: 4 - Canton CC, Fairless, Manchester, and St. V-M. If the past couple years are any guide, I imagine they will have to vault at Austintown on whichever day the DI boys vault.

Lakeview: 5 - CVCA, Girard, Lakeview, Pymatuning Valley, and Woodridge.

Perry: 11 (seeding will determine how many will be in each section) - Bay, Beachwood, Benedictine, Chagrin Falls, Edgewood, Hawken, Jefferson Area, Orange, Padua, University School, and Wickliffe.

Midview: 11 - Black River, Brookside, Buckeye, Chippewa, Elyria Catholic, Firelands, Keystone, Northwestern, Norwayne, Orrville, and Vermilion.

The distribution actually doesn't look too bad when you consider which four boys sections are headed to Bedford and which one is headed to Lexington.

On the girls' side, it breaks down like this:

Salem: At least, and likely only, 3 teams with PVers. They'll likely vault at Austintown with the DI girls.

Lakeview: At least 3 teams with PVers.

Perry: At least 9 teams with PVers.

Midview: At least 5 teams with PVers.

I'm sure more girls teams at Lakeview, Perry, and Midview offer pole vault, but they likely have vaulters who have yet to clear a height this season.

Wouldn't it make more sense to take the 13 boys teams that have girls in another Division or no girls teams at all and put them in one District that feeds Lexington? Who cares about Distance. Woodridge and CVCA go the the furthest site from their schools, so Distance should not be a factor. All they had to do was take Brookfield, Norwayne, Elyria Catholic and Canton Central Catholic and put them at Perry. It would Suck for 4 teams to have to travel that far, but it's better than boys going to one Region and girlsgoing to another. (I'll be honest, I haven't looked at it hard enough to come up with a better plan.)

Lexington has to be on cloud nine to get Woodridge,CVCA, Buchtel and $V$M out of their Region.

Wouldn't it make more sense to take the 13 boys teams that have girls in another Division or no girls teams at all and put them in one District that feeds Lexington? Who cares about Distance. Woodridge and CVCA go the the furthest site from their schools, so Distance should not be a factor. All the had to do was take Brookfield, Norwayne, Elyria Catholic and Canton Central Catholic and put them at Perry. It would Suck for 4 teams to have to travel that far, but it's better than boys going to one Region and girlsgoing to another. (I'll be honest, I haven't looked at it hard enough to come up with a better plan.)

Lexington has to be on cloud nine to get Woodridge,CVCA, Buchtel and $V$M out of their Region.

As a Canton CC guy, I'd be fine with a trek to Perry, but I'm sure the bean counters at school wouldn't agree with me. Plus, I'm sure Perry has a nice facility. :)