Paul Daugherty funny story avout last nights Stag!

JElder

A tip o’ the TML cap to my guys at Elder. The Stag was outstanding, as always. Cold beer, warm conversation, good friends. They always thank me for coming, which makes me a little uncomfortable. They’re favoring me with the invite, not vice versa. In 23 years here, I’ve never felt more welcome than at Elder. Thank you guys.

I sat between the AD Dave Dabbelt and Buddy LaRosa. I’ve worked on Buddy for years, to write his book. I’m still working. Butch Jones was the speaker. He’s an earnest guy, who apparently had a great recruiting haul, at least according to people who study such things.

And I got lost. To and from. I’ve been to Elder maybe 20 times. I guarantee you I’ve taken 20 different routes. I think West Siders deliberately messed up the grid over there, so East Side dopes such as myself can’t find our way and won’t come back. My pal Acito sent me directions that did not include mention of a turn off Harrison Ave. and onto Queen City. That might have been relevant. Joe could get lost in his own living room, so this unfortunate omission was not a surprise. After I tooled up Harrison all the way past Werk, it occurred to me I wasnt going the right way.

Then, after the Stag, a guy told me to make a left at the 2nd light out of the Schaeper Center, take it to Queen City and go right. Only when I got to Queen City, it was one way, going left. Drove a few miles, plotting homicide, stopped at a UDF, where an extremely kind lady had mercy and guided me to Montana, I-74 and home to my palatial East Side estate. Otherwise, I’d still be driving. I’d be the Pascual Perez of the ‘Nati.

Next year, Panthers, I want a limo. With a Sherpa, and a GPS.

PantherVOR

:laugh:

The old calling Westwood Avenue Queen City got Doc in trouble. That is a very common mistake on the Westside. I bet if you took a poll 90% of Westsiders would incorrectly identify Westwood Avenue as Queen City Avenue.

JElder

:laugh:

The old calling Westwood Avenue Queen City got Doc in trouble. That is a very common mistake on the Westside. I bet if you took a poll 90% of Westsiders would incorrectly identify Westwood Avenue as Queen City Avenue.
When I first got a GPS I thought it was broke because it said to turn right on Westwood and I just knew the GPS was wrong since that was Queen City. :laugh: