Parking for State Finals

gostate03

I looked at a couple recent posts but could not find much about parking for the games this weekend
Is there enough?
How early should we plan to arrive for the Thursday game? I am sure that place will be full with Massillon people
Is it safe?

Get the VIP parking (if still available) if going to all games. Thursday will be the worst. It can get backed up going to the main lot. Get there real early. There are lots of people that charge to park in their yards. That may be a better bet if getting there later or if you don't wanna mess with lines. As far as safety, I have never felt unsafe and this is my third year coming to all games at Benson. The fairground parking/shuttle was horrible the first year. My advice is to bypass the lines and fish your way back to whatever parking you decide (if there are lines).

I looked at a couple recent posts but could not find much about parking for the games this weekend
Is there enough?
How early should we plan to arrive for the Thursday game? I am sure that place will be full with Massillon people
Is it safe?
No it’s not safe at all.. Massillon people all carry guns and knives and will destroy anybody that attempts to enter the stadium.

The VIP parking pass was available with the all sessions pass a week or so after the tickets were available. It appears they quit selling them unless they sold out which would be a shock from last year since there were lots of open spots in the lot. The last three weeks schools have charged $5. If going by yourself $10 a game sucks but most people go with at least another person. I am not sure the OHSAA is getting the parking money maybe the HOF does.

The main lots should be safe. We parked in someone’s yard two years ago and we were fine but a neighbor had their window busted out and things stolen from their car. This was at a 10am game.

From OHSAA Site:

Throughout championship weekend, numerous public parking options will be available (please click the Public Parking Map link). There will be parking lots adjacent to Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium (set GPS to 1750 Clarendon Avenue NW, Canton, OH 44708). If those parking lots are full there are numerous homes in the neighborhood that will be selling parking to cars and RVs. There will also be free parking at Stadium Park Lot (please reference the Public Parking Map link for location). Fans can also purchase a VIP Parking Pass for $70 that will guarantee a spot (no RVs) in an exclusive lot near the Symphony Gate entrance to Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium. This VIP Parking Pass is good for all seven games.

From OHSAA Site:

Throughout championship weekend, numerous public parking options will be available (please click the Public Parking Map link). There will be parking lots adjacent to Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium (set GPS to 1750 Clarendon Avenue NW, Canton, OH 44708). If those parking lots are full there are numerous homes in the neighborhood that will be selling parking to cars and RVs. There will also be free parking at Stadium Park Lot (please reference the Public Parking Map link for location). Fans can also purchase a VIP Parking Pass for $70 that will guarantee a spot (no RVs) in an exclusive lot near the Symphony Gate entrance to Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium. This VIP Parking Pass is good for all seven games.

That's all well and good, but I combed the OHSAA website and could find no link or instructions that would enable a person to buy one of these VIP Parking Passes, not that I'm looking to buy one.

It is somewhat hilarious that the official parking info release is suggesting that people consider parking in residents' yards near the stadium. I know people have done that for years near the stadium formerly known as Fawcett and near PBTS as well, but I don't recall ever seeing the OHSAA offer up that suggestion as a viable option for any state level tournament that they operate.

BB693E13-87E3-4ED7-80FF-B4F4AF183DFA.jpeg

Anyone know if residents always allow parking? Wanted to bring an RV up but want to make sure I will be able to park!?

Anyone know if residents always allow parking? Wanted to bring an RV up but want to make sure I will be able to park!?
As mentioned in the parking info, it's at their discretion. Those who allow parking will usually have signs posted in their yards and will be on hand to take your money.

The Church of the Covenant at 3014 Fulton Dr NW, has been known to allow RV parking for a small donation. You may want to contact them. They used to reserve some spots back in the day.

Free parking at the Stadium Park lot seems to be the deal. Short walk under I-77. And easy access south to the highway at 12th St. All the traffic will be trying to get on at Fulton.

So...I emailed the OHSAA about what way to come in if you have a VIP pass, which I do, and the dude told me that it is the same as Lot A. This obviously doesn't make sense considering everything online says that the VIP will be an exclusive lot by the Symphony Gate...which I assume is the small lot across Blake St. from parking lot A.

I will be annoyed if they are putting the VIP pass cars in the same lot as everyone else. I will be even more annoyed if they fill lot A and try to make us park in the mud pit like last year (we didn't have a parking pass last year, but we did have Handicap pass due to one of the older gentlemen in the group...we were pretty upset that we had to park that far away in a field full of mud...our older guy AND THE SUV almost didn't make it).

So either this guy didn't know anything or the OHSAA is making a bigger mess again. I wouldn't be shocked either way.

The VIP lot is by McKinley across from main lot. Last year there were barricades they moved when they saw your pass. It is on the map as lot C and on back of pass.

Last year I learned quickly to come in from the south and there was hardly traffic. Hopefully, that way is "open" this year. Main lot could not go that way due to entrance location and barricades.

Looks like my preferred way has closed roads this year. I will scout it out Thursday afternoon when I arrive in Canton. Hopefully there is a "bypass" of the main line to get to VIP.

Have gone to all the games the last 2 years at HoF. Shuttle first year was less than great, but last year was fine. The lot east of 77 will be open about 90 minutes before the game starts for 50-100 cars then they close it for VIP, buses, etc. We got to use that a few times, but really there's not an issue. Two exceptions:
1) When Massillon plays it will be a zoo. For those of you not from NE Ohio, this is true anytime and anywhere that Massillon plays.
2) This is the State Finals, it ain't Swanton v Delta on a Friday night. You can't show up 20 minutes before and expect to park & walk in. Come early, enjoy the atmosphere and it will be fine.

Last edited:
So...I emailed the OHSAA about what way to come in if you have a VIP pass, which I do, and the dude told me that it is the same as Lot A. This obviously doesn't make sense considering everything online says that the VIP will be an exclusive lot by the Symphony Gate...which I assume is the small lot across Blake St. from parking lot A.

I will be annoyed if they are putting the VIP pass cars in the same lot as everyone else. I will be even more annoyed if they fill lot A and try to make us park in the mud pit like last year (we didn't have a parking pass last year, but we did have Handicap pass due to one of the older gentlemen in the group...we were pretty upset that we had to park that far away in a field full of mud...our older guy AND THE SUV almost didn't make it).

So either this guy didn't know anything or the OHSAA is making a bigger mess again. I wouldn't be shocked either way.

I seriously doubt the OHSAA has any control over the parking situation. That would seem to fall into the hands of other entities (Hall of Fame, Canton City Schools, City of Canton, Local residents who are offering up their yards for parking, etc.).