Pan Am Wrestling

Torreblanca gets the win via a bad choice from Ceballos.
Ceballos was up 3-2 and tries a headlock with what? less than 20 seconds left? :unsure:

Notable matches
Fix took out world 5th Reineri Andreu Ortega of Cuba 4-1 in semis.
In the finals, Burroughs topped 2011 world silver medalist Franklin Gomez of Puerto Rico, 4-1.
Snyder's run to the finals included a 3-1 semifinal victory over three-time world medalist Reineris Salas Perez of Cuba.
Gwiz outscores opponents 30-0 in 3 matches.

Notable matches
Fix took out world 5th Reineri Andreu Ortega of Cuba 4-1 in semis.
In the finals, Burroughs topped 2011 world silver medalist Franklin Gomez of Puerto Rico, 4-1.
Snyder's run to the finals included a 3-1 semifinal victory over three-time world medalist Reineris Salas Perez of Cuba.
Gwiz outscores opponents 30-0 in 3 matches.

-Saw Burroughs also beat Geandry Garzon of Cuba, who was a 4x world medalist from 2005-2010.
- Downey beat Angus Arthur, who now wrestles for Jamaica but wrestled at Cadet Worlds for the USA in 2013
- Snyder and Gwiz also beat Americans- Snyder over Evan Ramos (Shippensburg AA) and Gwiz over Andrew Gunning (UNC)

I think the biggest thing we saw at this tourney relates to Olympic qualifying. 57kg and 125kg are weights I'm not expecting to medal at worlds, but for sure think we finish top 2 at the qualifier. Similarly, I think 86kg will be tough to qualify if Downey is the rep at the continental qualifier. A healthy Taylor/Cox/Dieringer wins for sure though. Having Cuba medal at 65kg would be amazing as well, as that would free up a spot for someone like Yianni.