Paint Valley @ Mechanicsburg

SVC as a whole is not a very strong conference. Each teams has classes that come through now and then. Paint Valley historically is one of the best however. With the exception of Adena paint valleys best competition may have been unioto who just got ousted by mcnichols

No put downs— I have nothing bad to say about either of these teams/schools/towns— they are among my favorite name teams (along with Gnadenhutten Indian Valley)... I’m sure this game will be a doozy.
I’m pulling for the winner to challenge Coldwater (another of my most favorite All-Name teams) for the regional championship...

Possibly an old school donnybrook. Both seem to have classic offenses - power run and play action passes.
what is the seating capacity at Mechanicsburg? Any chance for general admission tickets available?
I love a good donnybrook— break out the shillelaghs! Is it possible that the winner is capable of going toe-to-toe with Coldwater for the regional title?

5 or 6 man front? I don’t believe I’ve ever seen them run either( I could be wrong) but my prediction! Burg big!! with a 3 man front!!

If you drive up to Mech, can one get a ticket for this game? Or see this game from a distance?

Burg has been on a mission this year so far and will bring a good balance to the table against PV.

Burg has not traditionally been super big over the past few years, but man they are scrappy and aggressive.

Their offense is well balanced and they are fundamentally sound with their schemes.

It really does not matter how many guys they show up front on defense because they rarely just set in a basic package, but are constantly on the move and bringing pressure and they all run to the ball very well.

They are well coached and made some deep playoff runs over the past few years.

I would expect a tighter game this week against PV, but still too much too handle.

Burg 30
PV 21

Should be a good game the Burg is going to take the fight to Paint Valley and play smart, take whats there and not force it. The Bearcats have scored at least 40 points from week 2 on and have good athletes at the skill position and size up front, the boys will have to contain and tackle. I would guess PV has all the extra insight they want to ask for as well. This will be a test for the Burg for sure. Should be a good night for football - I'm looking forward to watching!

Goodluck to Burg from the Greenon faithful! wish nothing but the best for you guys and would be proud to see you guys holding up a state championship trophy in a couple of weeks!

Should be a good game the Burg is going to take the fight to Paint Valley and play smart, take whats there and not force it. The Bearcats have scored at least 40 points from week 2 on and have good athletes at the skill position and size up front, the boys will have to contain and tackle. I would guess PV has all the extra insight they want to ask for as well. This will be a test for the Burg for sure. Should be a good night for football - I'm looking forward to watching!

Good post, I have read several comments on here predicting an easy win for Burg. We are not playing 2 hand touch down here in Ross county, PV is no longer a finesse team, new coach is implementing a more physical style of play. This is going to be a great game.

I think that Paint Valley will make this a game and if they play well can win. Historically one of the best teams in SVC. Rooting for them to represent southern ohio

It’s game day!! I think PV will keep it close for a while but believe Burg will pull away in the end. 35-21 Burg. Good Luck

Leaving soon to make the 1 1/2 hr. drive to the Burg, hoping for an injury free game (we only suit up 28) but a hard fought one also. May the best team win......