Padua Christmas Tournament

PBruin13

One of the top tournaments in the state during the regular season begins Friday night at OBM Arena/Iceland USA in Strongsville.

The field:
Padua
St. Ignatius
St. Edward
University
Lake Catholic
Toledo St. John
Toledo St. Francis
Sylvania Northview
Findlay
Olentangy Liberty

In six of the last nine years, the winner of this tournament has won the state championship.

State Coaches Poll
T1. St. John's Jesuit 77 (2)
T1. Cleveland St. Ignatius 77 (2)
3. Sylvania Northview 70 (2)

4. Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit 67 (3)
T5. Hunting Valley University School 57
T5. Lakewood St. Edward 57 (1)

7. Shaker Heights 45
8. Olentangy Liberty 23
9. Gates Mills Gilmour Academy 20

10. Mentor Lake Catholic 17

7/10 in the coaches poll in the tourney. Should be a great tournament!

Ignatius 3 TSJ 2
2nd straight, 3-2 victory by the Wildcats over the Titans (the other was at the Miami of Ohio DiPaolo tournament over Thanksgiving weekend)

Liberty came back and tied Eds.

US and Toledo St. Francis tied 3-3. St. Francis led 3-1 in the third, and US scored twice in the last ten minutes to tie it. Neither team looked particularly impressive. TSF didn't have a great offensive attack, but US did a terrible job at clearing the puck from their own end, they left a lot of rebounds in the slot. That accounted for all three TSF goals.

Seems as though the top of Ohio high school hockey is wide-open this year and, possibly, for the first time in forever, a team from south of US 30 might be in the mix (O. Liberty).

I was just thinking that as I read yesterday's scores. There is a ton of parity, more than I can recall in a given year for the past 12.

Seems as though the top of Ohio high school hockey is wide-open this year and, possibly, for the first time in forever, a team from south of US 30 might be in the mix (O. Liberty).

Been saying this all year so far, and could not agree more. Going to be a fun few months of hockey

Props to Padua for getting so many of the state's top teams together for one tournament- this is really a stacked field.