PAC 2022

Yeah I believe when Norwayne used to play you guys you were d3 in 2011-2012 and 1st in the pac . Norwayne ended up winning 40-7 I wonder why this game quit being played we had played for quit e few years with Norwayne holding a large victory margin
The Royals and Bobcats matched up ten times over 13 years from 2003-2015, with Norwayne holding a 6-4 advantage in the series, with Norwayne winning 6 of the last 7, including the final two games in the series in 2014 and 2015 by scores of 41-14 and 49-20, respectively.

The Royals went 1-19 those two seasons, which bridged the end of the Corroscia and start of the Larlham eras.

The Norwayne “game” was replaced by successive two-game home and homes with Campbell Memorial (1-1), Aurora (0-2) and then Kent Roosevelt (1-0). This year, CVCA and Roosevelt begin another home and home, although it will be the Rough Riders first trip to Royals Stadium after the 2020 game was lost to Covid.

CVCA and Norwayne have continued to see each other in preseason scrimmages in recent years (2019 and 2021). We were down that way last year and got to witness the huge offensive line you guys had first hand. And we’ll see you again in a month at Royals Stadium again on August 12th for the final preseason scrimmage this year.

The Royals and Bobcats matched up ten times over 13 years from 2003-2015, with Norwayne holding a 6-4 advantage in the series, with Norwayne winning 6 of the last 7, including the final two games in the series in 2014 and 2015 by scores of 41-14 and 49-20, respectively.

The Royals went 1-19 those two seasons, which bridged the end of the Corroscia and start of the Larlham eras.

The Norwayne “game” was replaced by successive two-game home and homes with Campbell Memorial (1-1), Aurora (0-2) and then Kent Roosevelt (1-0). This year, CVCA and Roosevelt begin another home and home, although it will be the Rough Riders first trip to Royals Stadium after the 2020 game was lost to Covid.

CVCA and Norwayne have continued to see each other in preseason scrimmages in recent years (2019 and 2021). We were down that way last year and got to witness the huge offensive line you guys had first hand. And we’ll see you again in a month at Royals Stadium again on August 12th for the final preseason scrimmage this year.
Gotcha I wasn’t sure on the earlier years they played I just remember playing them in high school 2012-2016 and when I was in middle school . And yes the last couple years Norwayne had a hell of a line not sure what there line will look like this year tho but we have a good running back and qb... Norwayne football just started to become good around 2010 so that explains the last 6 or so meetings. Is the Norwayne scrimmage this year at cvca? I wouldn’t Mind coming to watch

The Norwayne CVCA series I believe started under Kevin Maltarich but was continued because Coach Joe Harbour had an affection for the CVCA football program and made sure the game was scheduled yearly while he was there. One of my best memories at CVCA was the year after Norwayne won the state championship they came to CVCA and had a good portion of the championship team back and we pulled a huge upset. It was the first game after CVCA installed the turf. For many years that game was the biggest upset that CVCA ever pulled off.

The Norwayne CVCA series I believe started under Kevin Maltarich but was continued because Coach Joe Harbour had an affection for the CVCA football program and made sure the game was scheduled yearly while he was there. One of my best memories at CVCA was the year after Norwayne won the state championship they came to CVCA and had a good portion of the championship team back and we pulled a huge upset. It was the first game after CVCA installed the turf. For many years that game was the biggest upset that CVCA ever pulled off.
Here’s the game story. 2013 season.

I believe that was 2 years after and we only had 1 starter from that championship team back that year …that idk how much of a upset it really really was because Norwayne had not made playoffs that year . And had dropped to a d5 at the time that’s 1 lone season I believe Norwayne didn’t make playoffs since 2009

Last edited:

2013 CVCA team lost 35-34 to Orange the next week. Officiating mistake I believe in that game hurt the Royals. Lost at Indian Valley by 8, at Manchester by 1, at Woodridge by 11 when Hunter Niswonder kicked to 50 plus yard FG's. They beat one of the great QB's in PAC history Hunter Wells 21-14 at Fairless. Finished 5-5 and 12th in the region (4-3 in the PAC). Kind of an odd season. Interestingly, in 2013 the team that won Region 11 (Chagrin Falls) had a defense that was coordinated by the current Woodridge coach Jeff Decker.

I believe that was 2 years after and we only had 1 starter from that championship team back that year …that idk how much of a upset it really really was because Norwayne had not made playoffs that year . And had dropped to a d5 at the time that’s 1 lone season I believe Norwayne didn’t make playoffs since 2009
I believe you are correct, however at the time it seemed like a much bigger upset.

Honestly that group of CVCA seniors was extremely talented. That they went 5-5 was really a letdown for anyone who knew that team. This was the beginning of the end of the Carroscia era for sure.

The time spent starting, building and maintaining the program contributed as much to the end of his time as anything else. Add to that an extremely disloyal board member. Anyone of those losses becomes a win and that’s a playoff team in 2013.

I believe you are correct, however at the time it seemed like a much bigger upset.

Honestly that group of CVCA seniors was extremely talented. That they went 5-5 was really a letdown for anyone who knew that team. This was the beginning of the end of the Carroscia era for sure.
I completely agree forsure you guys were playing us coming off a 2 year season when when we were nearly unbeatable for 2 years and we had just made it to final 4 the year before . And it was early on and there were high high expectations for us so you guys beating us felt huge at that moment

The craziest part of this headline- it makes total sense now. No one who knows football in NE Ohio would question it.

However, considering that at that point Norwayne had only been in the playoffs maybe 3 times total in their history just shows how the truth does change.

Regardless, 2 good programs would be MUCH fun to watch play again.

The craziest part of this headline- it makes total sense now. No one who knows football in NE Ohio would question it.

However, considering that at that point Norwayne had only been in the playoffs maybe 3 times total in their history just shows how the truth does change.

Regardless, 2 good programs would be MUCH fun to watch play again.
We have kept each other on as a scrimmage since we don't play during the season. It's always funny to me to see the difference in the lineman for both schools. When my son scrimmaged them in 2019 Norwayn was probably all 285+ along the o-line. Our defensive line probably averaged about 200-215.

We have kept each other on as a scrimmage since we don't play during the season. It's always funny to me to see the difference in the lineman for both schools. When my son scrimmaged them in 2019 Norwayn was probably all 285+ along the o-line. Our defensive line probably averaged about 200-215.
I would love to see some games again .Yeah even last year I don’t think we had a kid under 280+ It’s been like that for about 5 years not crazy to think that with the population of students that attend there to be that consistent of a line every year .

One of witch plays at Boston college and one at Michigan state

The time spent starting, building and maintaining the program contributed as much to the end of his time as anything else. Add to that an extremely disloyal board member. Anyone of those losses becomes a win and that’s a playoff team in 2013.
There is a ton to unpack in this comment. The "extremely disloyal" board member loved CVCA football and that can not be denied. At the time there was a huge battle as to what CVCA should do offensively with the amount of talent they had in the school. Some believed that the wing t was holding back the talent that was in the program. I will agree with that part of it. There is no way that the 2014 class should have been 5-5. The disloyal board member also felt like CVCA was not giving itself the best chance to win running the wing t. The families that went back to be part of the Hudson program also felt the same. I will say at the time they were correct, they just went about changing things the wrong way. I know all those families and they still attend CVCA football games when Hudson doesn't play.

There is a ton to unpack in this comment. The "extremely disloyal" board member loved CVCA football and that can not be denied. At the time there was a huge battle as to what CVCA should do offensively with the amount of talent they had in the school. Some believed that the wing t was holding back the talent that was in the program. I will agree with that part of it. There is no way that the 2014 class should have been 5-5. The disloyal board member also felt like CVCA was not giving itself the best chance to win running the wing t. The families that went back to be part of the Hudson program also felt the same. I will say at the time they were correct, they just went about changing things the wrong way. I know all those families and they still attend CVCA football games when Hudson doesn't play.
Man imagine how good Norwayne would be if we could recruit blows my mind

Tho
Wondering how many of those 285lb lineman would stay at Norwayne if recruiting was allowed though! Wooster just down the road - Wadsworth not too far either.....
I would bet all of them would stay they have a chance to compete for a state title or go far In the playoffs every year and still get d1 looks at Norwayne . Norwayne has produced far more d1 athletes in the last 10 years then both schools . And Norwayne has more success then both schools as well . Wadsworth can be good on occasion tho . Wooster ehhhh Norwayne would best Wooster 8 out of 10 times kids sometimes transfer from Wooster to Norwayne for sports ?

The families that went back led by the member of the board that has been referenced have no absolute clue about the Wing T or how to develop a successful program. The board member in question loved the school so much that he tried to drive out one of its most loyal and successful coaches the school has ever had. The 2013 season had several close losses but had some memorable wins. Don’t measure a season by the reaction of some families who poured, took their ball and went home.

The families that went back led by the member of the board that has been referenced have no absolute clue about the Wing T or how to develop a successful program. The board member in question loved the school so much that he tried to drive out one of its most loyal and successful coaches the school has ever had. The 2013 season had several close losses but had some memorable wins. Don’t measure a season by the reaction of some families who poured, took their ball and went home.

Btw, there was no “huge battle” as to what should have been run because the HC was the OC. What was run was the final call. Look closely at some of those games and you’ll see a mix of wing t and spread. That offense was fairly productive that season. Again, this was an example of a few over zealous parents who thought they knew better.

Btw, there was no “huge battle” as to what should have been run because the HC was the OC. What was run was the final call. Look closely at some of those games and you’ll see a mix of wing t and spread. That offense was fairly productive that season. Again, this was an example of a few over zealous parents who thought they knew better.
When the 2014 class were freshman they had a freshman coach who ran a spread and rolled everyone in the PAC with the exception of Manchester (2 point loss, home cooking). Hell the best QB on the team was playing WR that year because he was a dual threat and all they did was run belly. This was a bad job coaching that group and if you don't believe that you may have been part of it.