PAC 2020

Yikes! First round should go ok with the matchups, but Girard, Perry & Ursuline in the next round? Ouch.

At least NW will have a week off to prepare, Girard's probably one of the best 16 seeds you could find. Their 3 losses are to teams that went 13-2 and got seeded 2, 2, and 9 (in D3). Not exactly a warm-up game for their first playoff game in awhile.
Adversely, Girard's 2 wins are against teams with exactly 0 wins on the season.....and Lakeview is HISTORICALLY bad, they've scored 13 points in 5 games! ouch! If there was a line on Girard/Northwest right now it'd probably be like NW +29.5.....and I take NW plus the points....

Adversely, Girard's 2 wins are against teams with exactly 0 wins on the season.....and Lakeview is HISTORICALLY bad, they've scored 13 points in 5 games! ouch! If there was a line on Girard/Northwest right now it'd probably be like NW +29.5.....and I take NW plus the points....
You're on! Love what Demarco is doing there, but 30 points? You're scratching me right where I itch with that.

I'm looking forward to the 2 hour 10 minute drive to Rossford next Saturday.
Titans opened the year on the banks of the Mohican and open the playoffs on the banks of the Maumee. Something tells me the smell might have been better week 1 than it will be week 7 . . .

Isn't that one of the places with only stands on the home side too?

Isn't that one of the places with only stands on the home side too?
I've never been there, but it appears so.

1601585281283.png

Pretty unique, to the left past the creek a few houses that tailgate and usually have around 20-50 people a house watching from there backyard.

Yikes! First round should go ok with the matchups, but Girard, Perry & Ursuline in the next round? Ouch.

At least NW will have a week off to prepare, Girard's probably one of the best 16 seeds you could find. Their 3 losses are to teams that went 13-2 and got seeded 2, 2, and 9 (in D3). Not exactly a warm-up game for their first playoff game in awhile.

Great catch on Girard. All of the PAC round 2 games are tough. Ursuline lost to Austintown Fitch who is an absolute monster this year and Warren Harding. And Perry is well...Perry.

Since I am bored and nobody is talking...

Fairless-Tuslaw - 42-7 Fairless

CVCA-Manchester - 49-14 CVCA

Triway-Orrville - 28-21 Triway (could definitely go either way though)

Loudonville-Northwest - 49-13 Northwest (gotta give the Redbirds one pick 6 in there and I will give them a little extra since they are at home)

Since I am bored and nobody is talking...

Fairless-Tuslaw - 42-7 Fairless

CVCA-Manchester - 49-14 CVCA

Triway-Orrville - 28-21 Triway (could definitely go either way though)

Loudonville-Northwest - 49-13 Northwest (gotta give the Redbirds one pick 6 in there and I will give them a little extra since they are at home)
Fairless & CVCA will be up 14 as soon as they get off the bus...

Loudonville with the best showing of the night in a loss.
Royals & Falcons roll as expected
Orrville-Triway didn’t watch (and from sounds of it probably a good choice)

Loudonville with the best showing of the night in a loss.
Royals & Falcons roll as expected
Orrville-Triway didn’t watch (and from sounds of it probably a good choice)
Not sure what game you watched. Yes, the first half was close, which isn’t surprising versus this NW team. That said, Loudonville got some lucky breaks that first half.
After that though, Loudonville only scored once in the second half and it was their starters against our second team JV and non-playing freshman. Not something to be proud of.

NW played an average game at best and still won by 21. You could see it in our play that their heads werent totally in it. In the first half our O-Line and defense were lazy but came out to play after half and opened it up.

it was very obvious who was the better team, despite the commotion caused by announcers at every Loudonville first down and lack luster calling every other play of the game.
We had another rough game in regards to penalties. If we can sure that up, the first few playoff games shouldn’t be an issue. We will see though. You never know in HS football, especially this year. I truly believe though, with a week off, DeMarco will have our boys as ready as possible. Also, if Mick can get those passes to the side lines nailed down like they had the first 4 weeks, we could be very dangerous.

all of that said, was there any specific reason or injury that caused our O-line to have some issues along with the DBs on passing plays? Seemed like we were outstanding on pass plays within the red zone, but outside of it, we struggled more than I would like to see.

Not sure what game you watched. Yes, the first half was close, which isn’t surprising versus this NW team. That said, Loudonville got some lucky breaks that first half.
After that though, Loudonville only scored once in the second half and it was their starters against our second team JV and non-playing freshman. Not something to be proud of.

NW played an average game at best and still won by 21. You could see it in our play that their heads werent totally in it. In the first half our O-Line and defense were lazy but came out to play after half and opened it up.

it was very obvious who was the better team, despite the commotion caused by announcers at every Loudonville first down and lack luster calling every other play of the game.
We had another rough game in regards to penalties. If we can sure that up, the first few playoff games shouldn’t be an issue. We will see though. You never know in HS football, especially this year. I truly believe though, with a week off, DeMarco will have our boys as ready as possible. Also, if Mick can get those passes to the side lines nailed down like they had the first 4 weeks, we could be very dangerous.

all of that said, was there any specific reason or injury that caused our O-line to have some issues along with the DBs on passing plays? Seemed like we were outstanding on pass plays within the red zone, but outside of it, we struggled more than I would like to see.

1. Compliments on spelling Loudonville correctly
2. I was complimenting them because most of us thought NW would win by 40. They held you to the same # of points CVCA did and were the only other PAC team to score 20 against you. That a good showing out of them.
3. It is possible to say nice things about others that doesn't reflect negatively on your team.
4. It should be "very obvious who was the better team". You're a D4 1 Seed. They're a 1 win D6 team. This should have been a scrimmage for you & it was competitive for a half. That's a compliment to them. Pretty sure Poland or Ursuline would have been just as good or better against them.
5. The sideline passing makes sense. Redbirds have a huge crown in their field. Much more than Tuslaw or Manchester. Used to be no big deal, but now that everyone is playing on flat turf it's another advantage to the grass teams.

Spo

spoke with a parent last night. The sat 3 kids on D a 1 O lineman last night that have had some nagging small injuries all year. They felt with a full couple weeks off they would all be at full strength. One of them was thesophomore DB, Mick Loudonville saw early he was out and Keyed in on the first 3 positions with passes in that area.

offensively they worked some plays and blocking schemes for the playoffs. Without 1 O lineman. Offense only had 4 possessions in the first half. 1 punt, 2 scores and a kickoff for a TD. The maximized the game plan. Worked on some short passes. I think the QB Mick was like 21/27. For the game.
Tighten some little things up. Get everyone back to full strength and see what they can do. Should be fun to watch them, hopefully

spoke with a parent last night. The sat 3 kids on D a 1 O lineman last night that have had some nagging small injuries all year. They felt with a full couple weeks off they would all be at full strength. One of them was thesophomore DB, Mick Loudonville saw early he was out and Keyed in on the first 3 positions with passes in that area.

offensively they worked some plays and blocking schemes for the playoffs. Without 1 O lineman. Offense only had 4 possessions in the first half. 1 punt, 2 scores and a kickoff for a TD. The maximized the game plan. Worked on some short passes. I think the QB Mick was like 21/27. For the game.
Tighten some little things up. Get everyone back to full strength and see what they can do. Should be fun to watch them, hopefully
Good info, Big. That makes sense. Thanks.

It appears that MHS has hit rock bottom and there are some fans who can't accept it whether it be their kids playing time or the coaching. That's the one thing I miss about not living there any longer. It happens to all teams eventually. Sometimes the cupboard is bare.

It appears that MHS has hit rock bottom and there are some fans who can't accept it whether it be their kids playing time or the coaching. That's the one thing I miss about not living there any longer. It happens to all teams eventually. Sometimes the cupboard is bare.
YG - The timing is really bad. The PAC is so much stronger than when the Panthers would win league 9/10 years. Manchester will be the smallest school in the league when the Loudonville/Canton South swap happens. Their new school facilities might help create an upswing, but it was going to take 3-4 years before it got delayed due to Covid. The community can hit "reset" but it's going to become quite evident on who's in it for the glory and who's in it for the kids in the upcoming years.

Manchester does have good numbers coming up. They have a little over 60 kids playing 7th and 8th grade teams. That is about 20 more than they usually have.

I heard over the weekend that some players and coaches are getting upset with the fans. I'm not able to attend the games since I moved, but I do watch them on-line. Is it the same few or are more joining in on the harping?

I heard over the weekend that some players and coaches are getting upset with the fans. I'm not able to attend the games since I moved, but I do watch them on-line. Is it the same few or are more joining in on the harping?
LMAO I've never been to a Manchester FB game in my life, but I do know the people, and the school very well...without even setting foot in that stadium I can tell you undoubtedly that the chirping and downright disrespectful, disgusting, constant barrage of complaints comes from ONE GUY......at least most of it comes from him.....and ANYONE from Manchester knows EXACTLY who I'm talking about....

LMAO I've never been to a Manchester FB game in my life, but I do know the people, and the school very well...without even setting foot in that stadium I can tell you undoubtedly that the chirping and downright disrespectful, disgusting, constant barrage of complaints comes from ONE GUY......at least most of it comes from him.....and ANYONE from Manchester knows EXACTLY who I'm talking about....
cfan, yea, I know who you mean and he doesn't help his wife doing that. But, I heard it was a growing surge of unhappiness from others. More than just him.

The irony here, with limited tickets this year, EVERYONE in the stadiums has a connection to a kid. If chirping is happening no way they don’t know who it is.

Man, it feels weird not having a game this week but knowing that we have one next week. Hopefully I can find some good live streamed games to watch this weekend.

Good luck to all of the PAC teams that are playing this week!