PAC 2020

Apparently it meant something this year.

Let’s all be honest. The transfer In Manchester had in the kid Duty, should of been the starting QB since day 1. He is night and day better than the Pappas kid. No disrespect to that kid, but Duty is just a huge difference. I’m not sure what the coaches were thinking having Pappas back there, he isn’t a QB. And when Duty was at QB last night, Manchester moved the ball well,
I would expect Duty to be the starter from here on out. Manchester’s team played hard. They never quit. NW started off real slow. Then turned it on. Doesn’t really matter anymore, as the league title is up for grabs this Friday between a good athletic Fairless team and NW. should be a great football game.
Manchester had its time at the top of the league. It will take time to climb back up the ladder. And that’s sports. It happens. But if I’m a Manchester fan, I’m petitioning Duty to be the starter. Just watch the tape.

the Qb position had nothing to do with the game except for the TO the qb had on the fumble for a TD. They didnt move the ball with either QB. In the 3rd Northwest had there JV in and Manchester still didnt move the ball. Duty played the whole 2nd half vs their JV team and barely crossed the 50 once before i turned it off in the early 4th. If Manchester doesnt find a running back and receiver it wont matter. Northwest will destroy Fairless running clock in 2nd

Some butt hurt Manchester folks today. Was last night that demoralizing?
They're going thru a massive transition in the middle of this goofy COVID season. It will be hard for a lot of folks. They picked the right coach and (from the sounds of it) finally made a change at QB so there is progress. Their admin screwed the kids by flip flopping so much on having a season. They have a great shot to beat Rootstown & maybe finish 2-2 going into the post season.

On the other side, NW fans were a little "loud" last year then proceeded to lose to every good team on their schedule. This year they're stacked & playing like it. When you play like that not much anyone can say about it.

They're going thru a massive transition in the middle of this goofy COVID season. It will be hard for a lot of folks. They picked the right coach and (from the sounds of it) finally made a change at QB so there is progress. Their admin screwed the kids by flip flopping so much on having a season. They have a great shot to beat Rootstown & maybe finish 2-2 going into the post season.

On the other side, NW fans were a little "loud" last year then proceeded to lose to every good team on their schedule. This year they're stacked & playing like it. When you play like that not much anyone can say about it.

Exactly, it's okay for Northwest fans to puff their chests out this year. They are a really good team and play like it every week. Last year they were a good team beating teams that they should have beat but when they ran into some teams with some real dogs they didn't respond well, (sans the Orville game) NW got hosed in that one. Wetting the bed at CVCA and the infamous AHIGA Donut in New Franklin appears to have helped them to step it up this year. As a PAC fan I am excited to see what those boys can pull off this year. I think they have a chance to have a special season if they can keep playing at this level. I think they will throttle Fairless this week.

Least athletic team Manchester has had in a LONNNNGGGG time ... no speed ... #5 and #14 are the two slowest RB's ever to wear black n red ... Not sure how or why #2 wasn't the starter from day one at Qb ...

Least athletic team Manchester has had in a LONNNNGGGG time ... no speed ... #5 and #14 are the two slowest RB's ever to wear black n red ... Not sure how or why #2 wasn't the starter from day one at Qb ...

I'm sure we all know why Pappas was the starter. We are also all certain it wasn't based on quarterbacking ability.

Fairless really played well tonight, was expecting a much closer game against Triway. Falcons were down two starters, week five at Northwest should be a good one
Fairless played very well! Congrats on the well-earned win. We were also down 2 starters - our 2nd leading tackler got injured last week and may be out for the season, and our best player got injured late in the 1st quarter and did not return to the game. Regardless, though, it just seemed to be Fairless' night. They played well and earned it. Good luck the rest of the year!

Well, here we are. Week 5 already.
Looks like if Nw beats Fairless they would basically win the PAC. Game is at NW. Expecting Fairless to give Nw all they can handle and more.

who ya got this week??

Attachments

• 9DFE2B49-CC02-4732-9E35-7734418E8DC3.png
    9DFE2B49-CC02-4732-9E35-7734418E8DC3.png
    626.5 KB · Views: 18
Fairless played very well! Congrats on the well-earned win. We were also down 2 starters - our 2nd leading tackler got injured last week and may be out for the season, and our best player got injured late in the 1st quarter and did not return to the game. Regardless, though, it just seemed to be Fairless' night. They played well and earned it. Good luck the rest of the year!
Pit - That's rough. Especially with 2 winnable games at the end of the year. Hope they're able to return. They're scheme drives me nuts, but REALLY love watching Davis with the ball in his hand.

Man, I don't look at Yappi for a couple days and what do I come back to?

A bunch of excuses for Manchester getting Smoked this week. Oh poor us, wah, wah, wah, we don't have our coach and best players anymore, wah, wah, wah. Last time I checked, people thought the coaching hire was a good one...btw, we have a new coach this year too...and I thought Manchester ALWAYS RELOADED....whoops.

Then more whining about who is playing QB and it isn't fair, its all politics. Then the kicker of saying that the "better" QB moved the ball well....what game were you watching? Manchester had 141 total yards of offense. Half that was against our backups and probably at least 40 was against our freshman. Last time I checked, Manchester's offense didn't score a single point....

I don't care who your coach is, who you had on the field, if you are in a down year, it still feels just as good beating Manchester and man, oh man, that final score warms my heart.

On to Fairless, our young men are ready and focused on the prize...don't let fans, like me, make you think our team is overlooking Fairless. I just like to honk my NW horn.

Edit: I just looked at MaxPreps rankings...they have us at number 1 in D4. Woot! Fairless at #13.

Last edited:
NW folks, great week last week. Your new coach might do he trick for the foreseeable future. You've been a loosing culture for a while but I think that had to do with coaches that fight the community too much. If this new coach keeps them the course, they could make a little noise- one or two playoffs wins. Fairless?- what the heck? Dr. Jekl and Mr hyde? NW should handle them well. Too bad about CVCA- playing well now? Manchester? Future looks in real trouble. Should be like Mogadore and not allow soccer just so you can win at football every year because you'll get the athletes back. Redbirds,

NW folks, great week last week. Your new coach might do he trick for the foreseeable future. You've been a loosing culture for a while but I think that had to do with coaches that fight the community too much. If this new coach keeps them the course, they could make a little noise- one or two playoffs wins. Fairless?- what the heck? Dr. Jekl and Mr hyde? NW should handle them well. Too bad about CVCA- playing well now? Manchester? Future looks in real trouble. Should be like Mogadore and not allow soccer just so you can win at football every year because you'll get the athletes back. Redbirds,
mogadore doesnt have soccer because thwy they dont want it. its hard to be comettive at both sports with such a small school. mogadore is good at football every year because they have such a great feeder system. there youth programs are running the same system as the high school so it comes as second nature to those kids/ they keep coaches / 3 coaches in the last 40 years.kids take pride in the winning tradition

mogadore doesnt have soccer because thwy they dont want it. its hard to be comettive at both sports with such a small school. mogadore is good at football every year because they have such a great feeder system. there youth programs are running the same system as the high school so it comes as second nature to those kids/ they keep coaches / 3 coaches in the last 40 years.kids take pride in the winning tradition
Yeah, I always chuckle when someone blames soccer teams for issues with football teams.

Manchester was always going to have issues when this last batch of talent moved on. Considering the PAC is going to soon have 5 D4 schools and 3 D5, there may be a few more .500 or below seasons in the future than what their faithful are used to, but it's not the mid 80s anymore. As much as they don't like each other, Manchester and Orrville are almost the same in that they're never likely to be the same they used to be. Orrville got a bump from the last few Parks years, but they're not the same town they were in the 80s & 90s. Manchester has been better over the last 10 years collectively, but we'll have to see what the future holds.

Fairless is growing with a smart young coach. Northwest district is getting bigger by the week. Larlham has turned the CVCA culture around (only thing changing that is if he gets a job at a bigger school). Canton South is going to be a great addition. The PAC's future future is looking great. It's not "Manchester & her play toys" any longer.

I never blamed soccer. I'm merely saying it has an impact on a community that is getting smaller with less boys. Manchester has 28 boys on the sidelines. From what it looks like, they'll need more athletes out there in future. When the concussion thing came through a while back, many from the community started pulling back their boys and looks like it hasn't recovered yet. I agree, it isn't the 80s,90s,10s,or 20s when the panthers were good under a legendary coach. Tradition doesn't graduate but it might retire ha. I'll hope not.

Man, this thread started gaining some steam last week, but then NW beats Manchester how they did and it becomes a ghost town.
01 - how many times do you want to hear you have the best team in the league? Or that you have the best QB in the league? Fully expect y'all to win Friday, but (as long as they don't do their Dr Jekyll/ Mr Hyde) Fairless will be physical. If QB Mick runs it too much he's going to take some shots. That said, moving Grossnickle to LB was one of the smartest things the new staff did. NW's D is so much faster at point of attack with him. If they do get a lead, look for Fairless to use their spread run. They down block, pull a guard, and use 2 lead backs and the QB has 4-5 yards before a defender can touch him. Great way to control ball.

Manchester likely scores more than once and wins against the most dysfunctional team/school district in NE Ohio.
Tuslaw-Triway. If Davis plays it's Triway. If not this is one of the few games Tuslaw's QB might be the better one on the field.
Orrville. No game per Pit.
Loudonville. playing out the string. Last week was best chance for 2nd win. Their FB dive looks painful to stop but they don't seem to want to run it that much.

Yeah, I just want everyone to sing our praises.....smh I was just surprised how quiet it has been.

Manchester, Triway and CVCA with big wins this week.

Anyone have link to the Fairless-Northwest live stream? Made mistake of searching YouTube and first 23 links were posted by folks with names that looked like the "Extras" list from Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom

Have not heard of a live stream for the game, WHBC is supposed to be there with a replay following the game, 92.5 or 990 for live radio

Last edited: