PAC 2020

Orrville looked horrible on both sides of the ball! Did not look like a team that just won a state title just 2 short seasons ago. Line was very weak at protecting Haley defense was even harder to watch. Hopefully they get this all figured out very soon and start clicking better.

I’m very impressed with Fairless. Good coaches a lot of athletes. Good to see them get on track.

Orrville looked lost at times. Secondary didn’t know what to do. Still has some athletes of course. But I think they will struggle against any solid passing teams. The equalizer is always Parks. So who knows what can happen

Cvca lost. But they return a lot of key players. Still physical. And isn’t a roll over By any means!

Tuslaw I didn’t get to see much of. I see they are passing more. And still have some good athletes in key spots

Nw. They control their own destiny. New coach, new system. They have I think 20 or 22 returning letterman. And a ton of playmakers on both sides of the ball. If they stay healthy they could be a force. Their D held Parks to very little and their O lit up the scoreboard. And from what I’m hearing they had 4 guys out with injury. A couple lineman, their starting RB and a LB. So,when they return, that could get scary.

Good to see the PAC teams in action!

Pac schedule this week. 9/4. Thoughts/Predictions?

Loudonville @ Fairless
Triway @ Mogadore
CVCA @ Northwest
Tuslaw @ Orrville

Fairless
Triway
Northwest
Orrville

Iffy on taking Orrville after seeing week 1 but I see them getting parks going this week.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Redbirds last week. NW dismantled a down Orrville last week and Fairless seems to have it clicking. I go with:
Fairless
Mogadore
Northwest
Orrville (but close game)

Fairless
Triway
Northwest
Orrville

Iffy on taking Orrville after seeing week 1 but I see them getting parks going this week.

I agree.
Cvca is a team to me that is intriguing. You know they are a better team than the loss to Fairless by such a wide margin. I’m curious to see if CVCA is actually down, if Nw is really that good, or if Orrville just had the first week jitters. This week should tell us a lot

Will learn a lot about both CVCA & Northwest this week. Orrville had no passing attack at all but Northwest couldn’t run ball consistently. CVCA coach will challenge his boys this week and play cover 2 w Snider spying qb Mick.

Fairless looks like that “fun” team to watch. (Too bad the gate receipts won’t reflect it)

Triway struggled on grass with Loudonville & now have a physical Mogadore on turf.

Panthers still in “scouting” mode

Will learn a lot about both CVCA & Northwest this week. Orrville had no passing attack at all but Northwest couldn’t run ball consistently. CVCA coach will challenge his boys this week and play cover 2 w Snider spying qb Mick.

Fairless looks like that “fun” team to watch. (Too bad the gate receipts won’t reflect it)

Triway struggled on grass with Loudonville & now have a physical Mogadore on turf.

Panthers still in “scouting” mode

I agree with all of this. I’m interested to see Nw at full strength with their big RB now back in action. I listened to the broadcast and they had a sophomore and good freshman back running last week. So it will be interesting to see them with a full roster now.

Fairless is going to be a tough one for all teams. Athletic and coached well.

Triways game this week is a tough matchup. I got Mogadore winning this one in a low scoring affair.

This thread is in semi-hibernation until Manchester starts to play again . . .

Then if they lose or have a bad year it will be because “they didn’t have ample prep time” or “well what do you expect after France left” or something out of the blue.

Then if they lose or have a bad year it will be because “they didn’t have ample prep time” or “well what do you expect after France left” or something out of the blue.
big, those that know the program wouldn't say that about France because he did next to nothing coaching wise. They lost the OC & the DC plus a couple of excellent assistants. They do have some good ones back starting with Brophy, of course. The new OC was on the staff last year so he knows the players. The DC is new and must rely on HC and others. The opener will not be easy.

big, those that know the program wouldn't say that about France because he did next to nothing coaching wise. They lost the OC & the DC plus a couple of excellent assistants. They do have some good ones back starting with Brophy, of course. The new OC was on the staff last year so he knows the players. The DC is new and must rely on HC and others. The opener will not be easy.

I 110% agree with you on this. Who is the Oc and DC this year?

The opener will not be easy.
Big - I wasn't poking at them, I was just saying that they tended to be the most active voices on here. Last year NW fans were the loudest early & Manchester the loudest late (deservedly so).

YG - You aren't kidding. Before last week, would say this is an good schedule. Now... ouch. Fairless will be coming hard to make a point & Northwest looking to be on a "revenge" tour for those 3 losses last year. Considering what Triway & Tuslaw did to the Manchester secondary in '19 when Wright was back there at safety, those first 2 weeks playing against teams in their 3rd & 4th games will be supremely tough.
1599079691640.png

Big - I wasn't poking at them, I was just saying that they tended to be the most active voices on here. Last year NW fans were the loudest early & Manchester the loudest late (deservedly so).

YG - You aren't kidding. Before last week, would say this is an good schedule. Now... ouch. Fairless will be coming hard to make a point & Northwest looking to be on a "revenge" tour for those 3 losses last year. Considering what Triway & Tuslaw did to the Manchester secondary in '19 when Wright was back there at safety, those first 2 weeks playing against teams in their 3rd & 4th games will be supremely tough.
View attachment 9655

I hear ya. Just goes to show the PAC can surprise you no matter who you play. It’s a tough schedule for the Panthers. Do you know who the new OC and DC is? Haven’t heard anything.

View attachment 9655

There's a lot of teams that can pass the football in that abbreviated schedule
Fairless QB threw for 199 yards with 2 TD
Mick from NW threw for 392 yards with 5 TD
Rootstown QB threw for 182 yards with 2 TD, 0 Int
CVCA QB threw for 125 yards with 2 TD, 2 Int
Tuslaw QB threw for 221 yards with 2 TD, 1 Int in a rainstorm

I hear ya. Just goes to show the PAC can surprise you no matter who you play. It’s a tough schedule for the Panthers. Do you know who the new OC and DC is? Haven’t heard anything.
big, I believe that Jividen will be in charge of the Offense and Flossie in charge of the Defense. But not 100% sure. Lips have been sealed all spring and summer.

If it is true it was his own doing. I've heard plenty of negative things surrounding him for awhile now. If it is true it will be sad as he was so close to breaking the Ohio all time touchdowns in a career record. Had alot going for him. Cannot blame the coaching staff for any of it, he made his choices.

If it is true it was his own doing. I've heard plenty of negative things surrounding him for awhile now. If it is true it will be sad as he was so close to breaking the Ohio all time touchdowns in a career record. Had alot going for him. Cannot blame the coaching staff for any of it, he made his choices.
If history holds true, he will be back because of admin. and staff actions. It's a story that gets repeated every year. So very, very sad for such a talented athlete.

Its just sad to hear this type of stuff. Young kid that has so much going for him but making all the wrong choices. Heard on another thread (not sure the truthness of it) that he was on Instagram live toting a pistol where everybody could see. Once again idk the truthness behind it but if its true its definitely sad. Hope the coaching staff can keep the rest of the teams heads on right and get them through this season. Here's to hoping our Red Riders can come together and know they can win without him.