Pac 2019

Football/family-wise, this is a probably a good decision.

That said, a chance to have “BS, Duke University” on your resume is a game changer for the post football life.

Wish them the best either way.
rg, supposedly, he wanted to be closer to home. Until he enrolls, things could still change, but I doubt it.

Is the PAC one of the most underrated and undervalued small-school leagues in the area? Thoughts?
Hard to argue. 8 playoff teams, 4 Regional finalists & 1 state title in last two years.

Losing some significant talent going forward but hard to final a league outside of MAC with that kind of resume.

Just heard that this will be Loundenville’s last year in the PAC-7. Any truth to that and if so who replaces them?

Although Loudonville was a football-only member, I imagine the majority of PAC schools will be happy about this. The league should have a few options for a full-fledged 8th member, or they could stay at 7 and give each school an extra non-league game to fill with a team of the appropriate level of competition.

Selecting an 8th member for football only would make a safe schedule and then allow each school to schedule the others sports based on what they want. Who fits the mold to join the PAC that would be a good fit for travel and size?

Selecting an 8th member for football only would make a safe schedule and then allow each school to schedule the others sports based on what they want. Who fits the mold to join the PAC that would be a good fit for travel and size?

The best member from a competitive stand point to me be either Canton Central Catholic or STA. Both teams will make the conference better in football. STA has is going to be a handful in a few years. I am sure some schools in the conference wouldn't want to add a second private but the reality is that if you have 1, you may as well have 2. Mogadore is also an option. Those 3 schools will make the conference better. Not to many other teams around that we can say that about.

Didn't Canton South apply or at least inquire about joining when the PAC added Orrville, NW, and Loudonville?

I vaguely remember their name in the conversation from local newspaper reports but can't say for sure.

They would be a fit size and travel wise I would have to imagine.

Didn't Canton South apply or at least inquire about joining when the PAC added Orrville, NW, and Loudonville?

I vaguely remember their name in the conversation from local newspaper reports but can't say for sure.

They would be a fit size and travel wise I would have to imagine.

yeah and the PAC chose Loudonville instead of them

Canton South makes a lot of sense. Would balance league out with four D4 & four D5 schools. Also help fill out schedules for other sports w/out big uptick in travel.

Most interesting is that this will be first PAC change PF - Post France. Without his influence could go a lot of different ways.

I know CVCA and Canton South played a 2 game contract in 2017, 2018 in football. they are also on our schedule in most other sports as well. I think they would be a decent addition, although I don't think they can hang with the better teams in football on a consistent basis. In fact I think they get rolled 3-4 times a year by the better programs.

Sandy Valley has supposedly made a lot of noise about not being happy in the IVC. Here would be their chance to get out although I'm not sure they would want in the PAC for competitive reasons.

Minerva and Canton South would be two options from the EBC. Obviously, neither has been very good in football lately but both would be fits size wise and for the most part travel wise.

CCC and STA would be good choices but once again why add a private when you have public schools who would want in?

My best guess is Minerva. They seem to be the most similar to the current PAC schools and have history with Tuslaw, Fairless and Northwest.

Is there anyone up North or our west that would want in?

How about this idea...........Northwest and CVCA leaving the PAC to join the EBC. Canton South and Minerva joining the PAC along with Sandy Valley. Clean and easy. Thoughts?

How about this idea...........Northwest and CVCA leaving the PAC to join the EBC. Canton South and Minerva joining the PAC along with Sandy Valley. Clean and easy. Thoughts?

why would Northwest want to leave? They are the center most school in the league with 4 schools less then 25 minutes away.

Most EBC schools are 45 minutes to an hour away, not too mention I don’t think Salem and West Branch would like them to be in.

how about Canton South joins the PAC for an 8 team league. They fit right in competition wise, and it’s publicly known they don’t want to be in the EBC

I'd love for Canton CC to join this league, but I doubt it'll happen for reasons on both sides. They would make sense as a football-only member. I would think most other schools would want full membership in the league. I would think most ADs would want an 8th member to be a full member since that eliminates a few handfuls of nonleague contests that the AD has to schedule.

If it's me, I take Canton South in a heartbeat - not a bad location near the 77-30 interchange and mostly new facilities. They don't need a partner like all the other EBC schools seem to have (Alliance & Marlington, Salem & West Branch, Minerva & Carrollton), and they probably wouldn't mind getting out of the EBC since it doesn't look like that league has any great prospects for finding an 8th member to improve its stability.

If Sandy Valley is bellyaching about having to play the bigger more competitive schools in the IVC, then I don't see how returning to the PAC would be any better for them.

Last edited:
Not happening.

Why would CVCA want to travel to Minerva and Carrollton?

The old NBC couldn't wait to add Salem after Northwest announced its exit. The league's footprint shrunk significantly after that swap. Conversely, Northwest seems to have settled into a good situation in the PAC.

Even with the changes the IVC made for football that will make life harder for Sandy Valley, all of Sandy's biggest rivals are still in that league. The only thing they could gain from coming back to the PAC is more stability for their MS teams. Some of the IVC schools are so small that consistently fielding MS teams is a problem.

Last edited:
Not happening.

Why would CVCA want to travel to Minerva and Carrollton?

The old NBC couldn't wait to add Salem after Northwest announced its exit. The league's footprint shrunk significantly after that swap. Conversely, Northwest seems to have settled into a good situation in the PAC.

Even with the changes the IVC made for football that will make life harder for Sandy Valley, all of Sandy's biggest rivals are still in that league. The only thing they could gain from coming back to the PAC is more stability for their MS teams. Some of the IVC schools are so small that consistently fielding MS teams is a problem.

I agree with you about Sandy. I'm just saying if they really want to leave here is a realistic chance. The only other chance they would really have would be to form their own small school league.

I agree with you about Sandy. I'm just saying if they really want to leave here is a realistic chance. The only other chance they would really have would be to form their own small school league.
There is always that possibility of a new league if enough schools are fed up with what they have now. Who would join up with the Cards?

Nailed it

Attachments

• 46113929-F644-4E31-A0D8-410C33D8D297.jpeg
    46113929-F644-4E31-A0D8-410C33D8D297.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 7