Pac 2019

I was not impressed with them last year. Wright is a special talent, but that's all they had in my opinion. Unless someone else steps up for them, he will try to shoulder the load again this season. I also thought their defense was not very good at all...and with any losses from graduation on that side of the ball, I see them struggling there again.

Orrville has some HUGE shoes to fill, but we have plenty of skill players coming back. I am confident we will fill the holes up front, as we had good depth up front on both sides.

Filling Domer and Summer's shoes will be tough.

Bo, no need to apologize. You may be more correct than not. I don't think they will be as explosive this year and their defense is going to take a while to replace their losses player wise.
Foster is underrated complement to Wright, but that line was legit. With 80% of it is gone (I think) and missing a couple LBs & TE/DE that'll really change the core of that team. Won't matter in 50% of the schedule Wright & Foster will be enough. The other 50%...

I was not impressed with them last year. Wright is a special talent, but that's all they had in my opinion. Unless someone else steps up for them, he will try to shoulder the load again this season. I also thought their defense was not very good at all...and with any losses from graduation on that side of the ball, I see them struggling there again.

Orrville has some HUGE shoes to fill, but we have plenty of skill players coming back. I am confident we will fill the holes up front, as we had good depth up front on both sides.

Filling Domer and Summer's shoes will be tough.
Old, I see we are going to start the season off the way ended it! LOL. They put up 60+ on you and you weren't impressed with them! All they had was Wright? I guess Foster and Johnson were chopped liver. I think the PAC coaches disagreed with you considering how they were conscience of Foster and Johnson"s game breaking abilities and no one kicked to Johnson on KO's. Their defense was good enough to win 9 games, including one over you. The DC was the issue, not the talent. I look forward to our horns locking again this year, but very cautiously!

Foster is underrated complement to Wright, but that line was legit. With 80% of it is gone (I think) and missing a couple LBs & TE/DE that'll really change the core of that team. Won't matter in 50% of the schedule Wright & Foster will be enough. The other 50%...
RG and 2/3 of the secondary. To counter those losses on D, they are going to 4 deep, leaving 2 or 3 LB's depending on the scrimmage performances.

I agree RG, when Foster was injured Manchester was a different team. They lost him in the first series against us and they literally changed the offense when went out. Without him we focused on Wright and although he had a big run late in the game we corraled him as much as you can for a kid that talented.

Old, I see we are going to start the season off the way ended it! LOL. They put up 60+ on you and you weren't impressed with them! All they had was Wright? I guess Foster and Johnson were chopped liver. I think the PAC coaches disagreed with you considering how they were conscience of Foster and Johnson"s game breaking abilities and no one kicked to Johnson on KO's. Their defense was good enough to win 9 games, including one over you. The DC was the issue, not the talent. I look forward to our horns locking again this year, but very cautiously!

YG, Oldrider doesn't count any of the points after the refs blew the inside kick call in the first game. Once that happened, everyone in the stadium new that no matter what, the Red Riders were leaving with an L. The France effect was in full force that night. ?

The new turf is being installed at Fairless stadium.

YG, Oldrider doesn't count any of the points after the refs blew the inside kick call in the first game. Once that happened, everyone in the stadium new that no matter what, the Red Riders were leaving with an L. The France effect was in full force that night. ?
123, and here we go!

But... But... I liked not being able to read mud-caked jersey numbers from the press box! :p

Seriously, though - that's awesome! Can't wait to see it.
There's still Loudonville with no hash marks in between the 5 yd. increments (statistician's worst nightmare), or did they get turf, too?

How did Manchester look in their scrimmage with Springfield this morning?
TC, I wasn't able to make it, but I talked to a couple people. Wright is at QB and ran it 70% of the time. Foster ran it the other times. They tried to pass, but Wright was off target every time. Defensively they looked fair. Once Springfield figured out what was going on thye pretty much shut them down. Springfield moved the ball fairly well.

Just in case anyone hadn't heard, Triway athletic director and baseball coach Sean Carmichael passed away last night. You'll be hard-pressed to find anyone who had more of an impact on just about every person he came in contact with than Sean. A great husband, father, leader, mentor, coach, role model, and friend. Prayers to his family - wife Angie and children Derek, Parker, and Zoë.

^^ That is awesome! Pumped for the Fairless community! A turf field is huge for a lot of sports, high school to youth, not just varsity football.

TC, I wasn't able to make it, but I talked to a couple people. Wright is at QB and ran it 70% of the time. Foster ran it the other times. They tried to pass, but Wright was off target every time. Defensively they looked fair. Once Springfield figured out what was going on thye pretty much shut them down. Springfield moved the ball fairly well.
Wright at QB? Interesting. Was it a zone read type of offense? He's a good athlete. If he can get the passing thing down, that could be very dangerous with he and Foster a threat to run every play.

Wright at QB? Interesting. Was it a zone read type of offense? He's a good athlete. If he can get the passing thing down, that could be very dangerous with he and Foster a threat to run every play.

TC, I wasn't there, so I can't answer that. I got the sense that it was not a "read" offense. If you recall, the hullabaloo last year about him leaving was because he didn't want to play QB. I was told once Springfield figured out what Manchester was doing, Manchester had no answer or 3rd option to go to. They have no scrimmage this week, so they must be solving the issue at practice.

Wright is a tough, talented player, I fear for his safety if he has to play QB behind that offensive line. This is a really bad offensive line. If any one can scheme a game plan it would be France but I just don't see much to work with.

Now that Fairless has finished their turf (Congrats!!), which of the 3 remaining cow pastures..er, fields are your least favorite?
I'm all for tradition, but watching kids step into WW1 bomb craters (Tuslaw) or not being able to see the other sideline markers because of pitch of the field (Manchester) or fighting swamp skeeters for popcorn (Loudonville) all present unique challenges to teams & fans alike.

123, Manchester had 3 also, but Hettich left Ashland last week. FYI, Payne is a Manchester kid!

He was a Manchester kid but Payne bleeds Royal Blue, White and Black now YG. You know why he left Manchester. Him leaving may have cost them a state championship a few years ago.

He was a Manchester kid but Payne bleeds Royal Blue, White and Black now YG. You know why he left Manchester. Him leaving may have cost them a state championship a few years ago.

123, yes I know why. He's not the only one either. Agree, the RING would have been in Manchester. And, we could have repeated last year with better QB play!