Pac 2019

With rumors churning that both Manchester and CVCA may be looking to be on the move out of the PAC, are there any contingency plans in place to fill their clots if they do leave? Hate to see PAC break up, the league has really started to come on strong

Canton South and Minerva would immediately step in. CCC and STA should be considered too but probably will not be. I am also hearing that Manchester has slowed its roll on leaving. I have also heard this will be France's last season before retirement. The decision to stay will be up to his successor at Principal and to the AD. I honestly think the PAC is Manchester's best fit. They could go to the PTC where it would be them and Mogadore and then everybody else.

Canton South and Minerva would immediately step in. CCC and STA should be considered too but probably will not be. I am also hearing that Manchester has slowed its roll on leaving. I have also heard this will be France's last season before retirement. The decision to stay will be up to his successor at Principal and to the AD. I honestly think the PAC is Manchester's best fit. They could go to the PTC where it would be them and Mogadore and then everybody else.

stiz, the 2 decisions will not be made together. France will leave 1-2 seasons before the decision to leave the PAC is made. Reason being, the new guy will need time to build his staff minus the France cronies.

The PTC could be coming to the PAC. I hear the PAC is gauging interest of Rootstown and Mogadore to join the league now that the PTC appears to be falling apart. Both schools have been contacted. With CVCA probably leaving soon the addition of at least Mogadore makes really good sense.

The PTC could be coming to the PAC. I hear the PAC is gauging interest of Rootstown and Mogadore to join the league now that the PTC appears to be falling apart. Both schools have been contacted. With CVCA probably leaving soon the addition of at least Mogadore makes really good sense.

I'd be real surprised if both ended up in the PAC after it's all said and done. Maybe Mogadore, maybe, if what I'm reading on other threads is true. If CVCA is leaving, travel is going to get a lot shorter for every school in the league. The ride from Triway to CVCA is roughly 70 miles. The ride from Triway to Rootstown would be 70 miles; and to Mogadore it would be 60 miles. Once a year for football it's not a big deal. Making that trip for a week night basketball game in the middle of winter is another. Making it multiple times is possibly a deal killer.

I'd be real surprised if both ended up in the PAC after it's all said and done. Maybe Mogadore, maybe, if what I'm reading on other threads is true. If CVCA is leaving, travel is going to get a lot shorter for every school in the league. The ride from Triway to CVCA is roughly 70 miles. The ride from Triway to Rootstown would be 70 miles; and to Mogadore it would be 60 miles. Once a year for football it's not a big deal. Making that trip for a week night basketball game in the middle of winter is another. Making it multiple times is possibly a deal killer.

And Rootstown and Mogadore to Loudenville even farther....

What's going on at Triway? Hearing it's been an absolute mess the last couple months. Lost a large amount of teachers this summer and on the football staff.

The HC asked two of their better coaches to take lesser roles so he could bring in "kids" from their last playoff team to coach. One of those coaches has been spotted coaching at Massillon and apparently the other was RIF'd from teaching after the superintendent promised no staff would lose positions, despite a school closing.

The football end of it looks like the same old things. The offense is more Tony Lee style. Should help with the loss of the entire running game. The defense changes daily. They are doing different things than they will do when the season starts and will be on the poor end of things like usual. Looks like a lot to overcome once again for this team.

Last edited:
You don't get the Daily Record? Their sports department in todays paper said they will be much improved. Fake news?

So what do your rankings look like for this year?

Manchester seems to have a couple big players coming back but not much else. What does Orrville have coming back besides Parks from their championship run? Northwest has a genuine solid QB that should help them be more competitive. Tuslaw has some key players returning and Faitless was young last year so they should have a lot back...at least from what I have heard.

So where does that leave everything?

Forget the possible league changes in the future, that has nothing to do with this season. Let’s talk about this year and how everyone does.

I’m ready for some football.

You don't get the Daily Record? Their sports department in todays paper said they will be much improved. Fake news?

No. I only got weekend papers for the last few years. When Dorksen took another job, I completely got rid of it. It's all AP articles and copy/paste articles from Plant.

I would assume from what you've said, the article mentions they were young and played a tough schedule. Coach talks about a year's experience and a down league this year. Typical pre-season article about a bad team from the previous year.

So what do your rankings look like for this year?

Manchester seems to have a couple big players coming back but not much else. What does Orrville have coming back besides Parks from their championship run? Northwest has a genuine solid QB that should help them be more competitive. Tuslaw has some key players returning and Faitless was young last year so they should have a lot back...at least from what I have heard.

So where does that leave everything?

Forget the possible league changes in the future, that has nothing to do with this season. Let’s talk about this year and how everyone does.

I’m ready for some football.
NW: Manchester's line is very inexperienced and may take a while to perform.. QB play should be better, but receiving is young. Of course, all they did was throw to Wright last year and occasionally to Johnson. Running game will be the same as last year, Wright, Wright, Wright. Throw Foster in. Don't know who 3rd back will be. Defense will also take a while to jell. Should be interesting how coaches respond to the stacked defenses.

WC fan, I see you carry my lofty opinion of the DR. I have more of an axe to grind with their editor than Plant

As for the article in the Daily Record, I thought it was a nice little article, and pretty accurate. Sure, I may be a little biased, but oh well. Haha! It's no secret that we didn't have a successful year in 2018, but that doesn't mean that the local paper can't shed some light on the positives for a program that is coming off a tough season as we're hopeful for a better year in 2019. Go Titans!

I will predict right now that the PAC champion will have two league losses. Orrville CVCA Northwest and Manchester will all feed on each other. Then there is always the upset that inevitably happens.

I will predict right now that the PAC champion will have two league losses. Orrville CVCA Northwest and Manchester will all feed on each other. Then there is always the upset that inevitably happens.

This may be the best PAC regular season in many, many moons.

Orrville losing Logan Domer (QB), Ben Summers (LB), Jason Suppan (WR/DB), Camden Cormany (OL), and Donoven Hall (WR/DB) leaves them with a lot of big shoes to fill. Did anyone else lose that many key players? I'm not saying they can't reload, but those were some key contributors to their success last year.

My Projections just for fun:

1. Orrville
2. CVCA
3. NW
4. Manchester
5. Fairless
6. Tuslaw
7. Loudenville
8. Triway

Team that will surprise: Fairless
Team that will disappoint: Manchester
Playoff Teams: Orrville, CVCA and NW
Projecting Teams leaving PAC after this season: CVCA
Projecting Teams joining PAC after this season: Minerva, Mogadore and Canton Sout
h
Remaining Question: How long does Loudenville remain in the league?

Like I said, just in fun, it's only a guess on my part....I hope all the teams do well in the league
Bo, no need to apologize. You may be more correct than not. I don't think they will be as explosive this year and their defense is going to take a while to replace their losses player wise.