Pac 2019

Stack Attack

The 2018 season was an excellent season for the PAC. Multiple teams made it to the playoffs, several close games, few eyeballing upsets. Most importantly Orrville brought home a State Championship. What’s in store for 2019? Our league is dominated by great RB play led by Parks, Wright, and Marthey. Let’s get the talk going!!!

All the reports I read suggest that Parks will be playing for Mean Machine next year taking hand offs from Adam Sandler

I think the league will be even more competitive in 2019 than it was in 2018. This is shaping up to be very interesting. The PAC may be one of the best small/medium school leagues in Ohio this season.

In an unrelated note, anyone know who Manchester will have in Week Three. It's still listed as open. I've heard Garaway is a possibility, I've also heard talk of a New York team. I don't put much stock in either.

I think the league will be even more competitive in 2019 than it was in 2018. This is shaping up to be very interesting. The PAC may be one of the best small/medium school leagues in Ohio this season.

In an unrelated note, anyone know who Manchester will have in Week Three. It's still listed as open. I've heard Garaway is a possibility, I've also heard talk of a New York team. I don't put much stock in either.

Top, as of 2 weeks ago it was still open.

All the reports I read suggest that Parks will be playing for Mean Machine next year taking hand offs from Adam Sandler

Heard he's back playing basketball already. Orrville teaching life's most important lesson, that winning reeeeeeallly matters.

There’s TopCat!

I heard the Panthers just signed a deal with independence! It will be at Manchester in 2019

The Panthers will lose 16 Seniors of which 10 started. 6 went both ways. They return 7 players who started or filled in. O line must be rebuilt replacing Hettich, Adkins, Baker Paljich and Esterle. Offfense backfield must replace Johnson and Mayer. Of course, Wright and Foster are back. Duckett split time with Mayer at QB 2nd half of season. Receiving corp must replace Johnson. Defensively, they lose 7 starters. They lose punter and KO man. They lose Johnson and Krager on KO returns. It is going to be a rough start to their 2019 season until the new players get experience. No word on coaching changes have been made public.

The Panthers will lose 16 Seniors of which 10 started. 6 went both ways. They return 7 players who started or filled in. O line must be rebuilt replacing Hettich, Adkins, Baker Paljich and Esterle. Offfense backfield must replace Johnson and Mayer. Of course, Wright and Foster are back. Duckett split time with Mayer at QB 2nd half of season. Receiving corp must replace Johnson. Defensively, they lose 7 starters. They lose punter and KO man. They lose Johnson and Krager on KO returns. It is going to be a rough start to their 2019 season until the new players get experience. No word on coaching changes have been made public.

Anyone following the Panthers has seen this coming. Wright and Forester will be running for their lives next fall. They have 0 lineman returning. Unless they get a transfer they have no QB. However this is when France is at his best. I'm sure they will figure out something by PAC play.

Anyone following the Panthers has seen this coming. Wright and Forester will be running for their lives next fall. They have 0 lineman returning. Unless they get a transfer they have no QB. However this is when France is at his best. I'm sure they will figure out something by PAC play.

kidz, the O line will determine their success. They will have a serviceable receiver in the older Soles kid. QB will be interesting. There was a rumor last year that the Mick kid was going to transfer home and then use Open Enrollment to attend Manchester. Of course that's not going to happen. They won last year will little QB talent. I look for the defense to be very questionable unless Brophy is allowed to get involved more. The O Coordinator will not change his play calling. Unless the PAC is especially weak, I think the Panther playoff run could be in jeopardy.

I'm not as concerned about what Manchester has coming back because since 1945 the Panthers have won 75% of there games. Manchester usually reloads, so my feeling is the O-Line will be fine. Guys will step up because they've always stepped up. You also have a special talent in Ethan Wright. At the DIV level and below one player can dominate a game. He is that kind of player, and if used creatively, can give opponents fits. Hunter Foster is also a very good talent and, as shown this season, can keep teams from focusing on Wright. If Manchester can develop any semblance of a passing game they will be hard to stop. I have concerns on the other side of the ball. They are the same concerns I've expressed the past few years. Hopefully they will be addressed. We'll see.

I'm not as concerned about what Manchester has coming back because since 1945 the Panthers have won 75% of there games. Manchester usually reloads, so my feeling is the O-Line will be fine. Guys will step up because they've always stepped up. You also have a special talent in Ethan Wright. At the DIV level and below one player can dominate a game. He is that kind of player, and if used creatively, can give opponents fits. Hunter Foster is also a very good talent and, as shown this season, can keep teams from focusing on Wright. If Manchester can develop any semblance of a passing game they will be hard to stop. I have concerns on the other side of the ball. They are the same concerns I've expressed the past few years. Hopefully they will be addressed. We'll see.

cat, I posted this on another stream and I think we're on the same page. Early on is going to be tough. The O line has to be rebuilt. Their D, just a shade above average last year, lost a lot of key guys. They lost top receiver, top return man, leading tacklers, 2/3 of secondary and punter. While Wright and Foster return and are top notch, obviously, they need a 3rd option. QB play should be better. The scrimmages will be so very important in finding the answers. There may be a lot of younger players getting time. The coaches are going to have to concentrate on development quickly and quit showcasing Wright. He is the MAN and everyone knows it.

Columbiana opens with Manchester next year. Columbiana returns 20 something seniors from a 6-4 conference championship team. Those same kids went 7-4 as sophomores, losing to Rootstown in round one. Looking to get back to the playoffs this year, so a week one win over the Panthers would be huge and is essentially a must, as they play another tough out of conference schedule in 2019! Should be a fun game with two seasoned coaches and two traditionally sound programs going head to head!

I hear the PAC is headed for big changes. Tuslaw Fairless Manchester and CVCA want out. I hear they are actively looking for new homes. Fairless and Tuslaw want into the IVC. Manchester is exploring the PTC and the WCAL. CVCA is looking at the PTC or one of the private school leagues. Minerva and Canton South will jump at any chance to get into the PAC. CCC would like to get in too.

I hear the PAC is headed for big changes. Tuslaw Fairless Manchester and CVCA want out. I hear they are actively looking for new homes. Fairless and Tuslaw want into the IVC. Manchester is exploring the PTC and the WCAL. CVCA is looking at the PTC or one of the private school leagues. Minerva and Canton South will jump at any chance to get into the PAC. CCC would like to get in too.

False.

Why am I not surprised you are on here spewing BS again. Some of what you said is accurate most is false. Just like your Jordan Mick story

Orrville still looking for a week 2 opponent. Akron North backed out and Norwayne said yes then no.

Pre-conference is Wooster in week 1 and West Holmes in week 3.

I think the week 9 PAC opponents shuffle up to week 4 starting this year....so for Orrville that means Fairless in week 4 & everyone else bumps down a week from 2018's league slate.

Orrville still looking for a week 2 opponent. Akron North backed out and Norwayne said yes then no.

Pre-conference is Wooster in week 1 and West Holmes in week 3.

I think the week 9 PAC opponents shuffle up to week 4 starting this year....so for Orrville that means Fairless in week 4 & everyone else bumps down a week from 2018's league slate.

Norwayne is playing Canton CC week 2 in 2019 and 2020.

Aside from the lost revenue of a home game and guaranteed playing time for the back-ups, it might be a blessing in disguise that North backed out. An open week is worth more computer points.

Lastly, with many other similar-sized schools losing enrollment from the previous cycle, there's a reasonable chance that Orrville will end up in DIV for the 2019 season. Just like last year, it will be close.

Do not hate me because I am always right. You know that what I say is always true.

Fairless and Tuslaw do not think they can compete in football with Manchester and CVCA. Now that Orrville and Northwest are in the league Tuslaw and Fairless know they will finish no better than fifth every year in football. Football is the money sport. They face a similar prospect most years in other sports including girls sports. They would like to go to the IVC.

CVCA is tired of travel and feels it is growing too big for the PAC. I have heard they even are considering going independent, but will try to get into the North Coast League or the PTC Metro or the CVC if they can.

Manchester never wanted Orrville or Northwest in the PAC and has been looking for a way out since those two were admitted. They were very close to making the move to the PTC County but wanted it to be a package deal with CVCA a few years ago. When the PTC said no to CVCA Manchester dropped the bid. Now they are willing to go alone. That is their most likely option.

Another option Manchester has proposed behind the scenes is a move to the WCAL. The WCAL has considered expansion recently. It would very likely involve another school. Manchester has contacted Loudonville about it. Both would become members of the WCAL. The league would either play a rotating schedule for football or would split into two five team divisions with crossover games.

Do not hate me because I am always right. You know that what I say is always true.

Fairless and Tuslaw do not think they can compete in football with Manchester and CVCA. Now that Orrville and Northwest are in the league Tuslaw and Fairless know they will finish no better than fifth every year in football. Football is the money sport. They face a similar prospect most years in other sports including girls sports. They would like to go to the IVC.

CVCA is tired of travel and feels it is growing too big for the PAC. I have heard they even are considering going independent, but will try to get into the North Coast League or the PTC Metro or the CVC if they can.

Manchester never wanted Orrville or Northwest in the PAC and has been looking for a way out since those two were admitted. They were very close to making the move to the PTC County but wanted it to be a package deal with CVCA a few years ago. When the PTC said no to CVCA Manchester dropped the bid. Now they are willing to go alone. That is their most likely option.

Another option Manchester has proposed behind the scenes is a move to the WCAL. The WCAL has considered expansion recently. It would very likely involve another school. Manchester has contacted Loudonville about it. Both would become members of the WCAL. The league would either play a rotating schedule for football or would split into two five team divisions with crossover games.

Tuslaw beat Northwest this year and Fairless beat NW last year.. fairless has also beaten Orrville since joining the league. :clap: you’re doing a good job but keep it goin!

Last edited:

The WCAL loves being one of the very few oldest and original leagues in the state and having everyone being relatively close. That is why they have said no to Loudonville in the past and have turned down Triway and Tuslaw multiple times. If they are turning down schools that close, there is no way they would take Manchester. They can talk expansion, but every year it will get voted down because 2 districts in the WCAL are controlled by the same Superintendent.

Last edited:

stiz, where do you get your info. Don't say it's confidential because you posted it.

Manchester never wanted Orrville or Northwest in the PAC.

The first half of the first sentence is the only thing you're right on.

The second paragraph is laughable and the most incorrect statement I've seen you make. There has been 0 talk of expanding the WCAL. The only thing that could be considered "talk", was the thought of adding Triway, if Triway could get over themselves, to the WCAL. That was whispered when it was thought that Hillsdale could go under as a district or do away with sports. That hasn't happened and with the money from the pump station to come in sometime in the future, won't happen. You're truly, moronic.