Overrated movies

isadore said:
In the movie mankind needs the energy of the planet for its survival. The main character fights to stop them from obtaining it and drive human from the planet, dooming our species.

I honestly state I wasn't looking for messages in a movie, only entertainment. But since you bring them up, let's really look at exactly how stupid your podmasters are. You are supporting that they steal that energy as opposed to trade and negotiate with a primitive people for it. You are endorsing survival of "species," survival of a country that is "America" in name only over survival of American ideals and the faith behind it. We must fight. FREEEEEDOMMMMM!!!!!!

="isadore, post: 7983375, member: 304308"]
Watched Avatar a couple times around time of its release. I don't recall any bad acting or forced message. As a Christian, I wouldn't find any message about taking care of the planet offensive anyhow. The avatar concept and how liberating it was for the marine I found hopeful and interesting
an endorsement + rationalization for Cameron's anti-American message.

This one goes into the "just because you say it, doesn't make it true." There is nothing in my statement you quoted that asks anyone to go see the movie. No endorsement at all. And I didn't realize that taking care of the planet God put us in charge of or helping the disabled live better is anti-American. Thanks for the info.

Nearly every movie in the popular dystopian genre depicts some failure of government or insitution due to a failure of faith. Now here you are, endorsing turning backs on faith and morals in preference to "species." Fascism. Not America. Again, it's a cautionary tale of what can happen when people are not diligent. The "America" depicted in the movie is not the America any conservative would want. It might be the one you fascists want but not the one Americans want.

Are you going to continue doubling and tripling down on your endorsement of fascism?

smh

Last edited:
The movie's message is debatable, but you missed it completely.

I missed a debatable message? lol and smh. You know that's a bit contradictory don't you. Besides, I don't watch a Cameron movie looking for a message. I can only imagine how pizzed off Titantic made you. But since you so desperately want me to see a message..

After considering in my posts with Isadore whether there was any message to be taken, I'd say it was clearly you two and your podmasters from whom you get your thoughts that missed the message.

The "America" depicted in the movie was the colonialist European powers and the natives were us, the revolutionaries fighting for their right to exist freely and control their own resources. And you are stating you are against that right of self-determination? You are against the creation and independence of The United States? This is what is teaching our kids social studies these days? Yikes!

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:

You apparently missed how incredibly stupid that statement is. I missed a debatable message? lol and smh.

As for "missing a message," I don't watch a Cameron movie looking for a message. I can only imagine how pizzed off Titantic made you.

After considering in my posts with Isadore whether there was any message to be taken, I'd say it was clearly you two and your podmasters from whom you get your thoughts that missed the message.

The "America" depicted in the move was the colonialist European powers and the natives were us, the revolutionaries fighting for their right to exist freely and control their own resources. And you are stating you are against that right of self-determination? You are against the creation and independence of The United States? This is what is teaching our kids social studies these days? Yikes!
This is either you doubling down with a lie or just ignorance.

Your choice.

This is either you doubling down with a lie or just ignorance.

Your choice.

Ignorance? Lie? Why, because I pointed out what should have been obvious to the social studies teacher?

Ok teacher, tell us exactly how the America represented in that movie represents American ideals. I thought the whole basis of your complaint was that it did not represent American ideals. Now you're saying it's a lie or ignorance when I agree with you?

The "America" in that movie was not us. It was a ruthless colonizing power, subjucating an inferior force that rises in rebellion. Clearly depicted. That you saw that "America" as us? And rooted against the revolutionaries protecting their own homes? That goes on you. Your motives for seeing it that way, they're sources are not mine to presume.

It was a cautionary tale of what America can become if the citizens are not diligent. The same thing you complain about incessantly on the DB. The same thing covered by thousands of sci-fi alternate and predictive history tales. There's no lie there. No ignorance. It's a statement based on reality supported by a simple look at plots and movies since Metropolis.

Get some rest.

Last edited:
Ignorance? Lie? Why, because I pointed out what should have been obvious to the social studies teacher?

Ok teacher, tell us exactly how the America represented in that movie represents American ideals. I thought the whole basis of your complaint was that it did not represent American ideals. Now you're saying it's a lie or ignorance when I agree with you?

The "America" in that movie was not us. It was a ruthless colonizing power, subjucating an inferior force that rises in rebellion. Clearly depicted. That you saw that "America" as us? And rooted against the revolutionaries protecting their own homes? That goes on you. Your motives for seeing it that way, they're sources are not mine to presume.

It was a cautionary tale of what America can become if the citizens are not diligent. The same thing you complain about incessantly on the DB. The same thing covered by thousands of sci-fi alternate and predictive history tales. There's no lie there. No ignorance. It's a statement based on reality supported by a simple look at plots and movies since Metropolis.

Get some rest.
Ignorance it is.

Ignorance it is.

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's not too late for you to get educated since you seem to have a handle on the source of your problem. ;)

I get it, you're one of those cancel culture freeks. If someone can't see it your way you're going to insult and out shout. Is it really beyond your ability to acknowledge that two people can have an honest different interpretation of something? Even you said the "message" was debatable.

I see the movie exactly as I stated. A government out of control oppressing someone on their own land. I'm not going to get butt-hurt because someone makes a science FICTION that says it was a FICTIONALIZED FUTURE America that got out of control. That's a possibility. As I mentioned, you're on the DB 24-7 complaining about exactly that so it should not be a big chore for you to be able to acknowledge it as a viable source for a fiction, a cautionary tale we as citizens should be vigilent about.

If this weren't about institutions you apparently associate with conservative and American thought, I believe you'd be saying the same thing as me.

I associate ideals and morals and pace, not "institutions" with conservative thought. So if forced as you and isabel seem to want, I would see that movie differently than you. Not as anti-American, but as pro. The movie depicts brave AMERICANs that were instilled with the ideals and morals that built this country, taking the side of the oppressed in the face of the evil that the FICTIONALIZED country had morphed into.

The normal theme of any follow on would be returning the country to its values. We can argue again after we see where he takes the story.

Last edited:
I honestly state I wasn't looking for messages in a movie, only entertainment. But since you bring them up, let's really look at exactly how stupid your podmasters are. You are supporting that they steal that energy as opposed to trade and negotiate with a primitive people for it. You are endorsing survival of "species," survival of a country that is "America" in name only over survival of American ideals and the faith behind it. We must fight. FREEEEEDOMMMMM!!!!!!

This one goes into the "just because you say it, doesn't make it true." There is nothing in my statement you quoted that asks anyone to go see the movie. No endorsement at all. And I didn't realize that taking care of the planet God put us in charge of or helping the disabled live better is anti-American. Thanks for the info.

Nearly every movie in the popular dystopian genre depicts some failure of government or insitution due to a failure of faith. Now here you are, endorsing turning backs on faith and morals in preference to "species." Fascism. Not America. Again, it's a cautionary tale of what can happen when people are not diligent. The "America" depicted in the movie is not the America any conservative would want. It might be the one you fascists want but not the one Americans want.

Are you going to continue doubling and tripling down on your endorsement of fascism?

smh
Throughout this discussion you have claimed not to endorse Cameron’s movie and his message while continuously rush to the defense of both. You could be the poster child for disingenuousness.
Obviously you do not know the definition of Fascism. It is based on the exulting one nation or ethnic group over the rest of mankind. Actions taken to facilitate the survival of all mankind would hardly fit that definition. As to rights, the first and most important right listed in the Declaration of Independence is the right to life. Without that right for mankind all the others are moot. Something Cameron with your endorsement was trying to do deny to mankind.
The philosophy Cameron and you support is that of PETA which claims that other species have the same rights as humans. That the life of a rat is worth as much as the life of a child. You support the rights of other species as equal to ours. Gosh I hope you don’t keep your dog on a leash, have your pet spayed or neutered. Those are atrocities of the first order if you believe they have the same rights as humans.
But the Cameron philosophy does leave one new option open for you. The traitorous main character who betrays mankind, does find a mate with another species.

Throughout this discussion you have claimed not to endorse Cameron’s movie and his message while continuously rush to the defense of both. You could be the poster child for disingenuousness.

You could be the poster child for inability to read.
endorse:
1.declare one's public approval or support of

I never encouraged anyone to watch it and you cant find a single quote where I did. Other than the person had every right to make the movie, I neither approve nor disapprove. As I said originally, I wasn't watching it for high art. I did not see it as a message movie. Perhaps you're imagining things you wish to be true. I also never declared any comment on message until encouraged by you to do so, you unAmerican hippy cancel culture creature. I simply said I liked the movie.

as for the rest of your presumptive drama queen drivel, :LOL::LOL::LOL: and :ROFLMAO: I get it. You're trolling. Pretending to be stupid with all this "species" stuff. Pretending it's "real." Before this exchange, I don't recall ever reading anything from you. Honestly, in this short time I'm near conclusion, I don't think you are part of the human species. You're troll species. So careful with cliffs and bridges your clone masters lead you to.

Last edited:
You could be the poster child for inability to read.
endorse:
1.declare one's public approval or support of

I never encouraged anyone to watch it and you cant find a single quote where I did. Other than the person had every right to make the movie, I neither approve nor disapprove. As I said originally, I wasn't watching it for high art. I did not see it as a message movie. Perhaps you're imagining things you wish to be true. I also never declared any comment on message until encouraged by you to do so, you unAmerican hippy cancel culture creature. I simply said I liked the movie.

as for the rest of your presumptive drama queen drivel, :LOL::LOL::LOL: and :ROFLMAO: I get it. You're trolling. Pretending to be stupid with all this "species" stuff. Pretending it's "real." Before this exchange, I don't recall ever reading anything from you. Honestly, in this short time I'm near conclusion, I don't think you are part of the human species. You're troll species. So careful with cliffs and bridges your clone masters lead you to.

#70 Disingenuousness
eastisbest said:
Watched Avatar a couple times around time of its release. I don't recall any bad acting or forced message. As a Christian, I wouldn't find any message about taking care of the planet offensive anyhow. The avatar concept and how liberating it was for the marine I found hopeful and interesting and I tend to like movies that explore. If it was poorly done, I probably didn't notice because it was of interest.
An endorsement and a disingenuous effort to hide the truly hateful message of the movie in order to persuade others to see it.

I truly despise this movie. It is insidious. Like Leni Riefenstahl Cameron is a gifted filmmaker who understands how to package a message in popular entertainment. But like her he is doing in this movie in the service of evil against America, our military and all mankind.
Obviously you can not or do not want to see that.

#70 Disingenuousness

An endorsement and a disingenuous effort to hide the truly hateful message of the movie in order to persuade others to see it.

I truly despise this movie. It is insidious. Like Leni Riefenstahl Cameron is a gifted filmmaker who understands how to package a message in popular entertainment. But like her he is doing in this movie in the service of evil against America, our military and all mankind.
Obviously you can not or do not want to see that.

I never denied that you despise this movie. I never discounted your reasons for despising this movie. They're your reasons. See it how you need to see it.

You contine to troll that I'm endorsing the movie even though you can't quote a single line where I do that. You continue to display an overbiding need for ME to see it as you do. That's the very definition of Fascism. I have no need for you to see it as I see it. That's the definition of FREEEEEEEDOMMMMM!!!!

so I encourage you to

lol

I never denied that you despise this movie. I never discounted your reasons for despising this movie. They're your reasons. See it how you need to see it.

You contine to troll that I'm endorsing the movie even though you can't quote a single line where I do that. You continue to display an overbiding need for ME to see it as you do. That's the very definition of Fascism. I have no need for you to see it as I see it. That's the definition of FREEEEEEEDOMMMMM!!!!

so I encourage you to

lol
Obviously you can not read or really just being duplicitous.
The number #70 quote shows your endorsement for the movie and attempt to redefine it message to sell it to others.
My replies are not an attempt to persuade you.
But to rebuff your continuing efforts to sell the movie.

eastisbest said:
Watched Avatar a couple times around time of its release. I don't recall any bad acting or forced message. As a Christian, I wouldn't find any message about taking care of the planet offensive anyhow. The avatar concept and how liberating it was for the marine I found hopeful and interesting and I tend to like movies that explore. If it was poorly done, I probably didn't notice because it was of interest.

eh, any continuing posts have been in response to your encourgement. You still haven't posted anywhere that I tried to sell the movie to anyone or encouraged anyone to go see it, we're waiting (not really).

I imagine you're making more money for Cameron than you're costing by continually bringing this up. You know the old adage, any news is good news. Good tactic there isadore. Oh hey, before I forget. Thanks for protecting the species. :ROFLMAO:

and don't forget to

Obviously you can not read or really just being duplicitous.
The number #70 quote shows your endorsement for the movie and attempt to redefine it message to sell it to others.
My replies are not an attempt to persuade you.
eh, any continuing posts have been in response to your encourgement. You still haven't posted anywhere that I tried to sell the movie to anyone or encouraged anyone to go see it, we're waiting (not really).

I imagine you're making more money for Cameron than you're costing by continually bringing this up. You know the old adage, any news is good news. Good tactic there isadore. Oh hey, before I forget. Thanks for protecting the species. :ROFLMAO:

and don't forget to
“I don’t recall any bad acting or forced message”
“As a Christian, I wouldn’t’ find any message about taking care of the planet offensive”
“If it was poorly didn’t notice because of the interest”
Duplicity hiding the true message.
An endorsement with a disingenuous effort to play down the attempt to sell the anti-human philosophy, even using Christianity against people.

“I don’t recall any bad acting or forced message”
“As a Christian, I wouldn’t’ find any message about taking care of the planet offensive”
“If it was poorly didn’t notice because of the interest”
Duplicity hiding the true message.
An endorsement with a disingenuous effort to play down the attempt to sell the anti-human philosophy, even using Christianity against people.

Oooh hidden messages! Hail Caesar, somone find the key!

Gotta be trolling. Noone sane could think they can write three disconnected statements, facts or not, come to such a paranoid, irrelevant conclusion. and believe anyone would think they are reasoned. Could they? Emotionally challenged or drunk, I'm no longer sure but a poor imitation of Lotr Troll for sure.

Cameron
- He's from Canadia
- He's a species
- He was never in the military
- He killed Jack

Conclusion
He's a terminator from the future in the service of evil against America, our military and all mankind.

lol Isadore logic.

You've derailed the thread eough don't you think? I like the movie. You don't. For whatever our reasons. Let's move on.

Isadore and BlueJayFan in the same camp!
HeadSpinning.gif

Oooh hidden messages! Hail Caesar, somone find the key!

Gotta be trolling. Noone sane could think they can write three disconnected statements, facts or not, come to such a paranoid, irrelevant conclusion. and believe anyone would think they are reasoned. Could they? Emotionally challenged or drunk, I'm no longer sure but a poor imitation of Lotr Troll for sure.

lol Isadore logic.

You've derailed the thread eough don't you think? I like the movie. You don't. For whatever our reasons. Let's move on.
  • The three statements I quoted were hardly disconnected but 3 examples of you doing exactly what you denied doing throughout our discussion, endorsing the movie and its message even to the extent of bringing in your supposed Christianity to sanction the agnostic Cameron’s anti military, anti-American, anti-human message.
  • The Canadian Cameron through his representation in the movie of the security force and corporation as American led shows his hatred for this country. James, the vegan, goes a step further in pushing the PETA philosophy that human existence is no more important than that of other species. Rats lives = Human lives.
  • I hate this movie