Other States Changes In Season Updates

I see a delay here to start of practices, but not an altogether postponement of the season... I had heard rumblings that there was only going to be one scrimmage allowed which would be the preview.

Indefinitely does not mean that there won't be the chance for one...

If border state to Ohio also do similar things, I think that there is a good chance Ohio will allow for some type of season.

However, how schools handle an outbreak in their community or positive cases on their team will be a whole other ball game and may create problems

Well.... Not great news.

Got confirmation that the Wolvarena games are canceled and an announcement will be tomorrow.

Each district can go their own way and the hybrid option the WPIAL is using will result in several things.

And currently PA will not allow fans for high school games until further notice. Without fans I'm sure some schools won't even play at all.

Heinz Field then won't be hosting the WPIAL finals.

I see a delay here to start of practices, but not an altogether postponement of the season... I had heard rumblings that there was only going to be one scrimmage allowed which would be the preview.

Indefinitely does not mean that there won't be the chance for one...

If border state to Ohio also do similar things, I think that there is a good chance Ohio will allow for some type of season.

However, how schools handle an outbreak in their community or positive cases on their team will be a whole other ball game and may create problems
WVA last Sunday pushed sports back to 8/17 start date and KY pushed sports back to 8/24 and first football game would be 9/5 just prior to Labor Day--make sense to me--keep the hope going that #'s improve!!

Illinois is complicit in this whole sh$t show. This virus has a 1.5% mortality rate and that is mainly amongst elderly and those with severe co-morbidities. Alcohol, auto accidents and diarrhea are more deadly.
This is the biggest ruse to be perpetuated against the American public in its history.“Let’s shut down the world for a cold virus”.
These kids deserve to play, the morbidity amongst healthy teens is nil. There’s a better chance they get herpes and die than this virus. If you have a fear of catching this, then stay away from the crowds and stay home. It’s simple.

Maryland postponed fall and winter sports today. Plan is to try and playing everything using abbreviated seasons in the spring.

Colorado moved to spring today. Had a nice plan to fit all seasons in. They said the reason they did it is because the current health guidelines in their state do not allow contact sports.

I still believe Ohio will have spring football. There is so much tip-toeing around and so many districts already shutting down fall sports. All it’s going to take is a team or 2 that is practicing now to have an outbreak and that will be it.

That will suck for track athletes who are also good football players that have to choose
Sometimes life is just tough--ask all my 18 year old buddies who got drafted and fought in Viet Nam---I think our fragile track/football guys can handle that choice with very few regrets!!

Sometimes life is just tough--ask all my 18 year old buddies who got drafted and fought in Viet Nam---I think our fragile track/football guys can handle that choice with very few regrets!!
Getting drafted to go to Vietnam is not the same thing as deciding between sports.

You're welcome.

I imagine it's easy for you to say that because you do not have to make the choice. Either way it will suck for young adults who are forced to choose between the sports. Some schools may not have football and some may not have track I imagine. Both sports pull in a lot of athletes. Same on the girls side with them having to choose between the the sports.

Hopefully the coaches and schools can find a way for it to work with the season if a athlete wants to do both, and none of the schools lose a sports team.

Just when I thought the conversations on here couldn’t get any farther off the rails we have a Vietnam draft reference.....

I don't think you do though.
What is there to get??? It's basically acknowledging that sometimes "life isn't fair" and some guys who wanted to go to college instead had to go to Viet Nam (which may not have been their choice) and some 18 year olds now would have to choose between track or football----certainly a hard decision, but one that we could trust them to be OK with deciding the pros and cons and moving forward with their best choice--the drafted guys had a choice also to serve or burn their draft cards and go to Canada--hard choice, but in the end had to do what they thought was right!!

What is there to get??? It's basically acknowledging that sometimes "life isn't fair" and some guys who wanted to go to college instead had to go to Viet Nam (which may not have been their choice) and some 18 year olds now would have to choose between track or football----certainly a hard decision, but one that we could trust them to be OK with deciding the pros and cons and moving forward with their best choice--the drafted guys had a choice also to serve or burn their draft cards and go to Canada--hard choice, but in the end had to do what they thought was right!!

I get what your saying tough choices. Like I said for some of the states I wish they would have at least switched the other sports so they don't have to choose. Going to really effect numbers , if your good track school your boys may not go out for football or vice versa. I do get what your saying.

Can I ask a serious question about moving football to the spring? How does anyone think that 6 or 7 months things are going to be remarkably better then they are right now. You will be starting practice in the height of flu season, it will be cold, rainy-snowy. Anyone who thinks that high school football is going to be played next spring is crazy. If they don't play in 4 weeks you might as well just pack it up and pray that we are back to normal in 12 months.

Can I ask a serious question about moving football to the spring? How does anyone think that 6 or 7 months things are going to be remarkably better then they are right now. You will be starting practice in the height of flu season, it will be cold, rainy-snowy. Anyone who thinks that high school football is going to be played next spring is crazy. If they don't play in 4 weeks you might as well just pack it up and pray that we are back to normal in 12 months.
I would presume the primary motivation is so OHSAA can conduct a postseason tournament to collect ticket revenue on. Right now, if fall is a go, one has to think that they won’t be able to pull off the tournament in November and December.

Because it's better than just canceling it right now. At least in the future there's a chance that we'll have done something to make the situation better.

Hmm , why is this country so bad at this ? Thought we were exceptional and rated number one in terms of handling and controlling a global pandemic by Johns Hopkins. What happened ?

Louisiana postpones to October 8th.

New York section 6 {Buffalo area) starts October 2, with section playoffs but no state playoffs