Other States Changes In Season Updates

doubtme

I see a delay here to start of practices, but not an altogether postponement of the season... I had heard rumblings that there was only going to be one scrimmage allowed which would be the preview.

Indefinitely does not mean that there won't be the chance for one...

If border state to Ohio also do similar things, I think that there is a good chance Ohio will allow for some type of season.

However, how schools handle an outbreak in their community or positive cases on their team will be a whole other ball game and may create problems

Sykotyk

Well.... Not great news.

Got confirmation that the Wolvarena games are canceled and an announcement will be tomorrow.

Each district can go their own way and the hybrid option the WPIAL is using will result in several things.

And currently PA will not allow fans for high school games until further notice. Without fans I'm sure some schools won't even play at all.

Heinz Field then won't be hosting the WPIAL finals.

CometCountry

I see a delay here to start of practices, but not an altogether postponement of the season... I had heard rumblings that there was only going to be one scrimmage allowed which would be the preview.

Indefinitely does not mean that there won't be the chance for one...

If border state to Ohio also do similar things, I think that there is a good chance Ohio will allow for some type of season.

However, how schools handle an outbreak in their community or positive cases on their team will be a whole other ball game and may create problems
WVA last Sunday pushed sports back to 8/17 start date and KY pushed sports back to 8/24 and first football game would be 9/5 just prior to Labor Day--make sense to me--keep the hope going that #'s improve!!

BlessEmAll

Illinois is complicit in this whole sh$t show. This virus has a 1.5% mortality rate and that is mainly amongst elderly and those with severe co-morbidities. Alcohol, auto accidents and diarrhea are more deadly.
This is the biggest ruse to be perpetuated against the American public in its history.“Let’s shut down the world for a cold virus”.
These kids deserve to play, the morbidity amongst healthy teens is nil. There’s a better chance they get herpes and die than this virus. If you have a fear of catching this, then stay away from the crowds and stay home. It’s simple.

goblue02

Colorado moved to spring today. Had a nice plan to fit all seasons in. They said the reason they did it is because the current health guidelines in their state do not allow contact sports.

Massillon#82

I still believe Ohio will have spring football. There is so much tip-toeing around and so many districts already shutting down fall sports. All it’s going to take is a team or 2 that is practicing now to have an outbreak and that will be it.