OSU / PSU

Don't know what more Tom Ryan or anyone could have done...

Thought the Buckeyes looked decent. I dont know where you'd even say that they underperformed except maybe sasso. But I think duals are tougher for him with the cut.

I thought Romero, D'Emilio, and Mendes wrestled tough.

PSU is just that good
Maybe not have him and his coaching staff spend 90% of every match yelling at the ref? Every match was nothing but OSU coaches crying to the ref instead of coaching their kids.

Teach Paddy how to defend a shot at the college level. He let go of whizzers to try to stand and hop around. He defends like a high schooler.

I haven’t watched the whole dual yet but it is overwhelming how much OSUs staff is just wasting time crying about officiating. Yelling crap like “Officiate the match, don’t be a spectator!” Does no good for anyone. Neither does counting shots and screaming like an obsessed parent “Make HIM wrestle!” COACH YOUR WRESTLERS!

Maybe not have him and his coaching staff spend 90% of every match yelling at the ref? Every match was nothing but OSU coaches crying to the ref instead of coaching their kids.

Teach Paddy how to defend a shot at the college level. He let go of whizzers to try to stand and hop around. He defends like a high schooler.

I haven’t watched the whole dual yet but it is overwhelming how much OSUs staff is just wasting time crying about officiating. Yelling crap like “Officiate the match, don’t be a spectator!” Does no good for anyone. Neither does counting shots and screaming like an obsessed parent “Make HIM wrestle!” COACH YOUR WRESTLERS!
Its not at 45..Its not 45 degre....pin

There was nothing surprising in the dual save for Malik's pin.
TR isn't going anywhere. Maybe JJ can get a head coaching gig somewhere else. Free up a spot for someone new...
NU tomorrow should be another good one.
Still have NEB. and Cornell to contend with before B1G tourney. All three of those are losable.
Possibly it all clicks come tournament time.
GO BUCKS

Ticketgate was something...
Only other thing I was surprised with was Haines dominating Paddy like that, I thought maybe a 2-3 point match. But I will give Haines his due credit and he is gonna be a handful in March.It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him on top the podium. But I still thought it would be way closer than than.

Only other thing I was surprised with was Haines dominating Paddy like that, I thought maybe a 2-3 point match. But I will give Haines his due credit and he is gonna be a handful in March.It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him on top the podium. But I still thought it would be way closer than than.
Not surprised by the domination as much as I was by the score. If that makes sense? Paddy just isn't there. Not sure who's fault that is? Pass the blame around. Yank mentions the fact that PSU identifies talent better than the rest and Old142 say's Paddy is a, "poor mans Alex Marinelli."
Both of those are pretty apropos. Wherever Kharch is at the moment isn't a good place. An armspin as your goto TD when you need to score speaks volumes. I feel for both of them.
I take no umbrage at anyone's criticism/disgust/etc. of the coaches or the wrestlers. But folks need to wrap their head around the fact that TR isn't going anywhere and these are the wrestlers we have. So it's going to have to work.
I still refuse to believe the sky is falling. I've been through decades of worse so I'm quite tainted.

As an aside, the screaming from the corner seemed out of character and sounded a bit desperate at times. I've never noticed that before...

Don't know what Ryan was thinking when he went after Orndorff in the portal, a crash dummy would have put forth a better effort against PSU than this turd, what really was both disturbing and unsettling is when PSU fans started chanting we are penn state in OSU's crib

He’s definitely fun to watch, but with Robb, O’Conner and Andonian… Can’t wait till the NCAA’s. I’m already formulating my pickem picks ….because one of the goals in my life is to win this most awesome contest.!

He’s definitely fun to watch, but with Robb, O’Conner and Andonian… Can’t wait till the NCAA’s. I’m already formulating my pickem picks ….because one of the goals in my life is to win this most awesome contest.!
A goal only reached by a few...
As a teaser for the B10 Pick'Em...

1 - GWF - 134
1 - cougar5 - 138
1 - yankeescap - 138
1 - TakedownFor2 - 142
1 - ChiefPriest - 134
1 - Dyldude49 - 129.5
1 - wrestling125 - 136.5
B10 2016
1 Veto 143.5
B10 2015
1 Boro Fan 127
B10 2014
1 / stonewallJ / 138

There has never been a 2X Pick'Em winner in either the B10 or the NCAAs, which is just one example of how difficult this challenge is. Nor has there been a B10 winner who has also won the NCAAs in Pick'Em.

Last edited:
The RTC being "broken" in Columbus is a real issue right now. Lord knows that doesn't help the coaching staff at all.

When you have an alum that was an anchor for your program go up to the RTC in Ann Arbor of all places to resume his career, that speaks volumes.

Don't know what Ryan was thinking when he went after Orndorff in the portal, a crash dummy would have put forth a better effort against PSU than this turd, what really was both disturbing and unsettling is when PSU fans started chanting we are penn state in OSU's crib
And it was a very loud chant. Hate to say it but it was impressive

A goal only reached by a few…
As a teaser for the B10 Pick'Em...

1 - GWF - 134
1 - cougar5 - 138
1 - yankeescap - 138
1 - TakedownFor2 - 142
1 - ChiefPriest - 134
1 - Dyldude49 - 129.5
1 - wrestling125 - 136.5
B10 2016
1 Veto 143.5
B10 2015
1 Boro Fan 127
B10 2014
1 / stonewallJ / 138
8828CA62-013F-4489-B6CA-DC09A17FFB6C.gif

In the two years in Columbus he was an AA and lost in blood round. Vs PSU looked very bad but how many teams in the NCAA have a 285 with his credentials?

There has never been a 2X Pick'Em winner in either the B10 or the NCAAs, which is just one example of how difficult this challenge is. Nor has there been a B10 winner who has also won the NCAAs in Pick'Em.
I won NCAA{new name, forgot my password and don't have access to the email I used back in Nam to originally sign up lol), haven't even come close in B1G(maybe a top 5 once)

They did this against Michigan as well. Ryan threw a brick at the end of Paddy’s OT match that made absolutely zero sense. Literally out of pure frustration, just tosses in the brick on a clear TD for Lewan. Next match, Kharchla has what appears to be a winning TD in OT, yet they couldn’t challenge it because they wasted the brick on Paddy’s match for virtually no reason at all. Blew my mind.