Organization or Player??

Does the player or the summer organization earn you a scholarship???

Player first and foremost. A quality, upper-level Organization gets its players quality exposure in front of college recruiters and pro scouts. But it is the Player's talent/skill set that either does or does not take advantage of the opportunites provided to earn a college scholarship and/or mlb draft pick.

Does the player or the summer organization earn you a scholarship???

The key word in your question is "earn" and that's obviously up to the player. Reputable, established organizations will have a player better positioned to get attention, especially players who are late bloomers or sort of under the radar. For players who haven't had much attention the organization can make a big difference, often due to other players on the roster. If half a dozen scouts are coming to see a well-known player, they'll also get to see other players. Personally, I think the organization is less of a factor for the players that get lots of early attention. An underclassman with a 90+ mph fastball or who runs a 6.5 60 is likely going to have lots of attention regardless of what team they're on, and this is where showcases and/or college camps can play a big role.

My order would be: Player, parents, organization (summer and HS).

There are plenty of examples of kids/parents who did all the leg work to get their kid scouted, recruited and signed without any help from organizations. Certainly those organizations are important and a nice confirmation for the college coach that the kid is good, but you really can't expect anyone else to do it for you.

By the time kids get to be 16-18U, the kids make the organization not the other way around. They are recruiting each other, wanting to play ball with each other, and they make the team what it is. I don't think there is a whole lot a program director can do to make a kid that age significantly better.

I would say the organization would deserve the credit if a kid has played for the same organization from 12U and on, but that is not usually the case. Kids jump around and do their off-season training then try to find a team that they are a great fit for. Then the organization takes credit when the kid signs and he is on their roster. Just the way business is done and at the end of the day if the kid gets signed who really cares?