Orange Bowl - #2 Michigan vs #3 Georgia

Who wins?

• Michigan

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Georgia

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bama and Georgia have more 5 star players than whole conference’s. Just an unlevel playing field right now. Clemson and Ohio State only schools outside SEC that have recruited close to them and both had down years.

I thought UM would put some type of fight against Georgia, but I guess you have to be in this situation in order to know what you have to do. No body was beating Georgia tonight. They are on a mission to get another shot at Bama.

Michigan wins this by two scores. This will be worse than the tOSU game. UM's line pushes around the younger defensive line of UGA and drives the field and eats up clock. The UM defense makes UGA's QB have to beat them, which he can't do, and UM holds Georgia under 24 points. UM 34-20
After the above prediction and your nonsensical take on Nick Saban, maybe you should just sit the rest of the season out.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

IT JUST MEANS MORE

After the above prediction and your nonsensical take on Nick Saban, maybe you should just sit the rest of the season out.

IT JUST MEANS MORE
You should sit out the season because you think ND belonged in the playoffs. If ND played, they would have been beaten by a worse score because Bryce Young would have thrown all over them. They also would have been pushed all over the field like they have been every time they have been given a chance in the BCS or the CFP. Get real. Hey Saban has the best players, so it's easy to do what they did today. He knew they had some bad matchups with the Cincy secondary, and he knew his line was going to be a lot better than Cincy's front seven. He came out and pounded it. Could he have done that with say ND's talent? No he couldn't because ND couldn't do it this year. I still say Saban is a dirty coach, and there is a lot of evidence to back it up. Being at Alabama allows him to be a dirty coach. Again if he was such a great coach, he would have been just as great at his previous stops. He wasn't, and if the NCAA would ever really look into his program, he wouldn't be great at Alabama. I'll give you the Michigan take. I thought they could play with Georgia. They didn't even look that interested in the game.

You should sit out the season because you think ND belonged in the playoffs. If ND played, they would have been beaten by a worse score because Bryce Young would have thrown all over them. They also would have been pushed all over the field like they have been every time they have been given a chance in the BCS or the CFP. Get real. Hey Saban has the best players, so it's easy to do what they did today. He knew they had some bad matchups with the Cincy secondary, and he knew his line was going to be a lot better than Cincy's front seven. He came out and pounded it. Could he have done that with say ND's talent? No he couldn't because ND couldn't do it this year. I still say Saban is a dirty coach, and there is a lot of evidence to back it up. Being at Alabama allows him to be a dirty coach. Again if he was such a great coach, he would have been just as great at his previous stops. He wasn't, and if the NCAA would ever really look into his program, he wouldn't be great at Alabama. I'll give you the Michigan take. I thought they could play with Georgia. They didn't even look that interested in the game.
I’m telling you as an unbiased ND fan, UC deserved to be in ahead of them. 100%, not even really a debate imo.

Also, it’s pretty insane Indianapolis can host the Final 4 and College Football Title game within the same calendar year. If the Bengals ever get a new stadium, put a dome on it, and make a bid for these events. Cincinnati and Indianapolis , for all intents and purposes, are the same city. There’s no reason Cincinnati can’t have the infrastructure to support a big sporting event.

Side note, I really gave a lot of thought about going to the Title game, since Indy is an easy 2 hour drive away, but the cheapest solo ticket on ticket master is $790, pass.

Last edited:
LOL compared to SEC. All conferences are. LOL at people who live Ohio who poke fun at Ohio schools and Midwestern schools.
I don’t understand why that matters. College football is a national game. It’s not like either team has a roster exclusive of players from the south. Ohio St certainly doesn’t have a roster of players from the Midwest.

Michigan needed to play Georgia in conditions they beat Ohio State, cold and snowy. Georgia had to much speed in favorable playing conditions.

Also, it’s pretty insane Indianapolis can host the Final 4 and College Football Title game within the same calendar year. If the Bengals ever get a new stadium, put a dome on it, and make a bid for these events. Cincinnati and Indianapolis , for all intents and purposes, are the same city. There’s no reason Cincinnati can’t have the infrastructure to support a big sporting event.

Side note, I really gave a lot of thought about going to the Title game, since Indy is an easy 2 hour drive away, but the cheapest solo ticket on ticket master is $790, pass.
They had an option when they were putting the plans together for PBS. They could have built a dome that connected to the convention Center, but the Bengals insisted on the riverfront location.

As for NCG prices, wait until Friday or Saturday, I'm sure you could snag one for $200 or less. The cheapest ticket to the Cotton Bowl was over $150 originally, by the day before the game they were going for $65 on the 3rd party ticket sites.

They had an option when they were putting the plans together for PBS. They could have built a dome that connected to the convention Center, but the Bengals insisted on the riverfront location.

As for NCG prices, wait until Friday or Saturday, I'm sure you could snag one for $200 or less. The cheapest ticket to the Cotton Bowl was over $150 originally, by the day before the game they were going for $65 on the 3rd party ticket sites.
Bama vs UC and Bama vs UGA are not equivalent in terms of drawing power.

Good point. And hopefully, whenever a new stadium is built, it’s done with the purpose of hosting multiple events. There’s no reason Cincinnati should be missing out on this kind of $.

Yeah, but both have the furthest distance to travel. Regardless, anything $250 and under, I’m probably pulling the trigger on.

Good point. And hopefully, whenever a new stadium is built, it’s done with the purpose of hosting multiple events. There’s no reason Cincinnati should be missing out on this kind of $.
By the time that happens, the Bears will have a domed stadium in Arlington Heights and Chicago (and Indy) will get the nod anytime they want to bring these big events to the Midwest. But at least maybe Cincy could get a couple more stadium concerts out of a retractable roof stadium.

The average ticket price was like $300 even with them bottoming out at the end. That sort of thing happens all the time. If Pboy wants to go to the NCG game himself, he will be able to find a reasonable ticket the weekend prior to the game. Again you don't know what you're talking about.

wow 790? that is not even close to being worth it.

Have you ever been to one? Its very cool...especially if you have a rooting interest.
I haven’t and that’s why I’m thinking of going. I don’t like either team, but that might make it more enjoyable. My nightmare would be going to one of those games and getting stuck around fans of the other team.

I haven’t and that’s why I’m thinking of going. I don’t like either team, but that might make it more enjoyable. My nightmare would be going to one of those games and getting stuck around fans of the other team.
Great point....sadly, best to be neutral. Go if the price is right