Open Dates??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly happened to Southview?

Sylvania City Schools enrollment is declining. The district boundary right now HEAVILY favors Northview (any growth in town is pretty much in Northview territory), Mayzes retired. That's the things I can easily pinpoint.

Looking at how Springfield is still decent and AW has become a power, I'd guess the talent is either going there or already lives just south.

I've heard they're redrawing district lines to maybe even out Northview/Southview again. But honestly, it's not like Northview is all that good now either. Looks more like any talent that was in town in the first place dried up.

It's sure a different world than I grew up in in Defiance where we beat Maumee in 01 and Southview in 03 in the D2 playoffs. Now all 3 are D3 and by any measure, bad football teams.

I'm surprised the OHSAA Open Dates hasn't been updated in the past week. Maybe they're busy or keeping a secret?

A few big D1 Central Ohio schools have some open dates to fill.

Olentangy Liberty- 2 Games
Pickerington Central- 2 Games
Hilliard Davidson- 2 Games
Dublin Coffman- 2 Games
Hilliard Bradley
Reynoldsburg
Upper Arlington

The crazy thing is OL, HD ,DC, HB, and UA are all in the same league.

Dublin Coffman- 2 Games
Hilliard Bradley
Reynoldsburg
Upper Arlington

Olentangy Liberty needs 3 games (Henry Clay, Glenville, and Wayne)
Pickerington North needed 2 games, but already scheduled a game against Massillon Washington (Yes, I know you listed Pick Central)

I don't know about Upper Arlington. Reynoldsburg's Arbiter page and Upper Arlington's athletic site shows their Week 1 game cancelled. Since Reynoldsburg is going to start Phase 1 next week, I'm thinking that's why that game is cancelled. UA's Week 2 game was a long time double booking with Dayton Belmont. So much for that since DPS schools aren't playing to begin the year. EDIT: Upper Arlington now needs 3 games, as well.

How many people were wanting the top tier GWOC and OCC schools to play each other?

Last edited:
Olentangy Liberty needs 3 games (Henry Clay, Glenville, and Wayne)
Pickerington North needed 2 games, but already scheduled a game against Massillon Washington (Yes, I know you listed Pick Central)

I don't know about Upper Arlington. Reynoldsburg's Arbiter page and Upper Arlington's athletic site shows their Week 1 game cancelled. Since Reynoldsburg is going to start Phase 1 next week, I'm thinking that's why that game is cancelled. UA's Week 2 game was a long time double booking with Dayton Belmont. So much for that since DPS schools aren't playing to begin the year.

How many people were wanting the top tier GWOC and OCC schools to play each other?

If we do have a season it will be interesting to see if all these dates can get filled. With travel being an issue not many choices.

Dublin Coffman- 2 Games
Hilliard Bradley
Reynoldsburg
Upper Arlington

Some of these local teams need to step up and schedule games if they are open and another team is open. Is there any reason why Dublin Coffman and Pickerington Central cannot schedule a game during a week they are both open? Same goes for Upper Arlington and Olentangy Liberty. Lets get these games scheduled and get ready to play.

Some of these local teams need to step up and schedule games if they are open and another team is open. Is there any reason why Dublin Coffman and Pickerington Central cannot schedule a game during a week they are both open? Same goes for Upper Arlington and Olentangy Liberty. Lets get these games scheduled and get ready to play.

Other than OL and UA being in the same division and already playing? I'm sure they'd prefer to not play twice.

I'm pretty sure Gahanna Lincoln is open September 4th add then to the list. That could also be an opponent for one of those other OCC teams.

Another question will Cincinnati Elder travel to Columbus to play Dublin Coffman and will Gahanna travel to Elder to play them?

Other than OL and UA being in the same division and already playing? I'm sure they'd prefer to not play twice.
I was referring to those two schools possibly playing Pickerington Central. If two teams in central Ohio are available on the same week and are not already scheduled to play, then they should look at getting it scheduled. I would love to see PC vs Dublin Coffman.

I'm pretty sure Gahanna Lincoln is open September 4th add then to the list. That could also be an opponent for one of those other OCC teams.

Another question will Cincinnati Elder travel to Columbus to play Dublin Coffman and will Gahanna travel to Elder to play them?

Just waiting for something official to come down saying they are not playing Canada Prep Academy. I can't see any Canadian teams coming down, but who knows.

UA and OL already play each other . Same league this year

I was referring to those two schools possibly playing Pickerington Central. If two teams in central Ohio are available on the same week and are not already scheduled to play, then they should look at getting it scheduled. I would love to see PC vs Dublin Coffman.

I agree Pick Central at Dublin Coffman week 3 should be setup. I'd love to see that matchup, top two D1 teams in Central Ohio.

Last edited:
Just waiting for something official to come down saying they are not playing Canada Prep Academy. I can't see any Canadian teams coming down, but who knows.

I haven't seen anything posted officially but pretty sure on arbiter it has Gahanna as a TBA on that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.