OHSWCA Sponsor Girls HS Tournament

carpmentor

The Ohio High School Wrestling Coaches Association just sent out a press release that they will be sponsoring Ohio’s 1st Official Girls High School State Tournament at hilliard Davidson on February 22-23, 2020.

There were nearly 250 girls alpha’d in the state last season and we anticipate that number to grow dramatically. Many teams are actively recruiting girls to form their own squad in pursuit of winning the girls state title. Want to grow your program... open up the doors to your wrestling rooms.

Attachments

• 6C2FD727-5654-4E93-8282-6D77431A88FC.jpg
    6C2FD727-5654-4E93-8282-6D77431A88FC.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 115

That's a week before Sectionals next season. Will girls be allowed to wrestle in it and still compete the next week at Sectionals since it is not an OHSAA event?

Sounds like it reading the flyer, but I assume this would just cost part of the 20 points for those girls and they would have to sit out another tournament?

More details to come in September, but from my understanding it will be handled similarly to state Duals. There will not be points deducted for it and Girls will still have the ability to wrestle at sectionals.

More details to come in September, but from my understanding it will be handled similarly to state Duals. There will not be points deducted for it and Girls will still have the ability to wrestle at sectionals.

Good, that is a plan that would help grow the girls side of the sport.

If that is the case that will be great for girls wrestling in Ohio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OHSWCA just released the final information for the Girls State Tournament.

Registration will open this Friday and stay open until February 12th at 5pm.
Brackets will be posted on February 14th.

Attachments

• 2020 Ohio Girls Tournament Info.pdf
    303.1 KB · Views: 41
Got our 4 registered. Little pain as for some reason I couldn’t sign in with the school account, didn’t know birthday dates - but got it done.

School account didn't work but used my own. Seeding criteria was a little wonky...if we didn't attend or a kid was injured still had to enter "Did Not Place". All things to tweak next year. I feel very confident that Dom and OHSWCA is going to put the best foot forward and run a great event.

Get your girls registered!

I count 45 schools registered so far. Keep spreading the word so that all Ohio Coaches know about this opportunity for girls on their team.

Just registered my girls. Does anyone else have trouble with this being the same weekend as their league tournament? it kind of spreads us thin coaching wise

Just registered my girls. Does anyone else have trouble with this being the same weekend as their league tournament? it kind of spreads us thin coaching wise
Mogadore is in the same boat. Our girls are going rather than wrestle in our league tournament (they both start). However, being a small school they have only 3 coaches, and I believe 1 is forced to work that weekend. So 2 coaches available...the head coach is still trying to figure out the logistics of who/where.

97 teams have already registered for the Ohio High School Girls State Tournament. Make sure you are checking with your coaches that they have your wrestlers registered as the window closes Wednesday at 5pm.
UPDATED Current list as of Monday afternoon :
AIKEN, OH
ALLIANCE, OH
ARCHBOLD, OH
ATHENS, OH
BADIN, OH
BEAVERCREEK, OH
BEECHCROFT, OH
BELLEFONTAINE, OH
BETHEL TATE, OH
BIG WALNUT, OH
BISHOP FENWICK, OH
BRIGGS, OH
BROOKFIELD, OH
BROOKLYN, OH
BRUNSWICK, OH
BRUSH, OH
CENTENNIAL, OH
CLEVELAND CENTRAL CATHOLIC, OH
CHIPPEWA, OH
COLERAIN, OH
DEFIANCE, OH
DELAWARE HAYES, OH
DOVER, OH
DUBLIN COFFMAN, OH
EAST (COLUMBUS), OH
EATON, OH
ELYRIA, OH
FAIRBORN, OH
FAIRFIELD, OH
FIRESTONE, OH
GALION, OH
GREEN, OH
GREENEVIEW, OH
GROVE CITY, OH
HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, OH
HARVEY, OH
HIGHLAND, OH
HILLIARD BRADLEY, OH
HOOVER, OH
HUBBARD, OH
INDIAN CREEK, OH
JOHN GLENN, OH
JOHN HAY, OH
LAKESIDE (ASHTALBULA), OH
LAKEWOOD, OH
LAKOTA WEST, OH
LIBERTY CENTER, OH
LONDON, OH
LUTHERAN WEST, OH
MADISON, OH
MALVERN, OH
MARYSVILLE, OH
Massillon WASHINGTON, OH
MECHANICSBURG, OH
MENTOR, OH
MIAMI EAST, OH
MIAMISBURG, OH
MILFORD, OH
MINERVA, OH
MOGADORE, OH
NAPOLEON, OH
NEW LEXINGTON, OH
NORWOOD, OH
OAK HILLS, OH
OBERLIN, OH
OLENTANGY BERLIN, OH
OLENTANGY ORANGE, OH
PARMA, OH
PAULDING, OH
PERRY (MASSILON), OH
PICKERINGTON NORTH, OH
PIQUA, OH
REYNOLDSBURG, OH
RIDGEDALE, OH
RIVER, OH
RIVER VALLEY, OH
ROSSFORD, OH
SIDNEY, OH
SPRINGBORO, OH
ST. FRANCIS DESALES (Columbus), OH
STIVERS, OH
STRONGSVILLE, OH
SYLVANIA SOUTHVIEW, OH
TAYLOR, OH
TINORA, OH
TWIN VALLEY SOUTH, OH
UPPER ARLINGTON, OH
WARREN LOCAL, OH
WASHINGTON COURTHOUSE, OH
WAVERLY, OH
WEST (COLUMBUS), OH
WEST CARROLLTON, OH
WEST HOLMES, OH
WESTERN BROWN, OH
WESTERN RESREVE (COLLINS), OH
WESTERVILLE NORTH, OH
WHETSTONE, OH

Last edited:
Mogadore is in the same boat. Our girls are going rather than wrestle in our league tournament (they both start). However, being a small school they have only 3 coaches, and I believe 1 is forced to work that weekend. So 2 coaches available...the head coach is still trying to figure out the logistics of who/where.
jmog,
Are the coaches going to sign them up? They aren't registered and registration closes tomorrow at 5pm.

Looks like a technical issue and its being taken care of.

Kind of, Mogadore is misspelled, but as long as the girls are in Mogadore/Magadore not a big deal.

Fixed literally 2 min after I saw it when I refreshed....spelled correctly now.

Nope, wrong again. There is a Magadore and a Mogadore California listed...I am really confused...oh well.