Ohsaa?

How dare you post statistics Boro!!!!! Don't you know athletics are the only thing of relevance in this world.

C'mon guys we can do better. I want wrestling to be back as much as the next guy, however, I don't think downloading the pandemic is just. Numbers are going up since memorial day and we still don't have a vaccine ready. Yes the death toll isn't as high as we thought it would get but that's in large part due to restrictions that were mandated.

The biggest thing to stop this will be the vaccine, once this hits we will have the normalcy we desire. One thing people forget is, your kid, or school, or our state are not the only ones who face these same situations, millions are having their development in athletics delayed. I still believe the elite in our sport will still be elite and the bottom feeders will still struggle. Wrestling in Ohio will still be a premium in the national level and I believe clubs and camps will get a head start over schools running open mats.

How dare you post statistics Boro!!!!! Don't you know athletics are the only thing of relevance in this world.

C'mon guys we can do better. I want wrestling to be back as much as the next guy, however, I don't think downloading the pandemic is just. Numbers are going up since memorial day and we still don't have a vaccine ready. Yes the death toll isn't as high as we thought it would get but that's in large part due to restrictions that were mandated.

The biggest thing to stop this will be the vaccine, once this hits we will have the normalcy we desire. One thing people forget is, your kid, or school, or our state are not the only ones who face these same situations, millions are having their development in athletics delayed. I still believe the elite in our sport will still be elite and the bottom feeders will still struggle. Wrestling in Ohio will still be a premium in the national level and I believe clubs and camps will get a head start over schools running open mats.
To your last point—they already have....(just like always).

I know people do not like to deal in verifiable facts, but ill post a few. Let me start by asking you how many people do you know over the age of 90? I know ONE. My wifes grandma is 92. The state of PA has a much more user friends state health care page. In the state of PA, 1621 OVER the age of 90 have died of corona. FIFTY FOUR people have died under the age of 45!! Now please tell me how dangerous this is for hs kids and their parents. Again, you can say well one life is one life. Well, that is true and if you choose to live like that then dont ever drive a car. Here is a link to those FACTS!!! Now bit++ away about the facts, but the numbers are the facts. Saying well, my friend says blah blah blah. https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/Do...aths Attributed to COVID-19 -- 2020-06-12.pdf

It doesnt take a very smart person to know that if you test a lot more people, you are going to have a lot more positives

The people testing positive at a hospital is going up because the are now allowing people in for elective surgeries. People that are asymptomatic are getting tested when they go in for a surgery. They would have never known they had it if they didnt go in. People will follow the media platform and buy all the bs they spew to us. Wake up people.

The ohio convention center was set up for a make shift hospital.. It was not close to being needed and the millions spent converting is went wasted. At osu, they set up tent stations to be used. NONE WERE. millions wasted. Military ships sent to NY. Imagine the cost. Unused. If it werent for governors sending elders positive for corona into nursing homes causing mass deaths, the rhetoric would have already moved on to the next big scare

Sometimes you guys are too much, criticizing people who help the sport in Ohio . Bucksman , Mclaren , Boro really do this for the love of wrestling, they are getting bashed for everythimg from rankings to the virus but I can guarantee the ones bashing are first to check for updates or top tens or class ranking to see if there Tommy or Larry made the rankings.

The ohio convention center was set up for a make shift hospital.. It was not close to being needed and the millions spent converting is went wasted. At osu, they set up tent stations to be used. NONE WERE. millions wasted. Military ships sent to NY. Imagine the cost. Unused. If it werent for governors sending elders positive for corona into nursing homes causing mass deaths, the rhetoric would have already moved on to the next big scare
I Completely understand your point, I work in the healthcare field. However, my main point is that without the social distancing guidelines we would be far worse off.

Another thing to remember is that children can have the coronavirus and show no symptoms, but then pass it onto others who are in age groups with a much higher fatality rate (coaches, parents, grandparents, etc.)

Last edited:
The good part about his ranking are...well if you or your kids don't like where they are ranked, perceives a district being week or etc....your kids get to prove it on the mat and then you can point out how wrong he is.
How do you know they didn't prove him wrong? I as a parent just grinned and moved along. Rankings are guesses and I don't have a problem with that. But, using negative words is not the best, Read thru Brakeman report's and notice a theme. He chose to always list positives and no negatives. I pop into Boro site now and then. I like the site, but disagree with some of his style. Is that such a bad opinion?

Another thing to remember is that children can have the coronavirus and show no symptoms, but then pass it onto others who are in age groups with a much high fatality rate (coaches, parents, grandparents, etc.)
I'm for wrestling now. You can chose to be a victim to this virus or you can be a warrior. Warriors wore armor. (Facemasks for elderly and others, hand cleansers) Warriors were also tactical. ( Don't go around Grandparents without mask and parents make sacrifices for their chidren) But, Warriors don't live in fear. We know our enemy and it's time to move on.

If the enemy makes another viscous attack, maybe we have to retreat. But life is meant to be lived, especially for the young. Some might die for the greater good of all. But for God's sake let's start acting like Warriors.

How do you know they didn't prove him wrong? I as a parent just grinned and moved along. Rankings are guesses and I don't have a problem with that. But, using negative words is not the best, Read thru Brakeman report's and notice a theme. He chose to always list positives and no negatives. I pop into Boro site now and then. I like the site, but disagree with some of his style. Is that such a bad opinion?
In the 2000 Brakeman Report (D3 140), he wrote that 145 was a much weaker weight compared to 140 and that placing would be much easier at 145. I wouldn’t say that was “positive”.

That’s just one example that I know off the top of my head due to my brother being ranked at 140.

I'm for wrestling now. You can chose to be a victim to this virus or you can be a warrior. Warriors wore armor. (Facemasks for elderly and others, hand cleansers) Warriors were also tactical. ( Don't go around Grandparents without mask and parents make sacrifices for their chidren) But, Warriors don't live in fear. We know our enemy and it's time to move on.

If the enemy makes another viscous attack, maybe we have to retreat. But life is meant to be lived, especially for the young. Some might die for the greater good of all. But for God's sake let's start acting like Warriors.
Everyone here loves wrestling, and we know kids are less prone but have some consideration for other people. You don't choose to get the virus and being a warrior means nothing. It's about not catching the virus and stopping the spreading to more people so we can wrestle in the winter. I tracked and followed the virus since Jan. and let me tell you we are not even at a half time yet of the football game. Its people not using common sense and not stopping the spread of the virus. Sure wrestle now, open everything up throw caution aside but don't cry when football and all winter sports are gone and we are watching South Korean baseball and cricket as entertainment instead of sitting in Columbus watching the State tournament.

I'll post 2 long and research based articles that go against the presented narrative.

The conflicting research alone is alarming.

What is not alarming is the death rate among children and the hospitalization rate among children. Ive had this argument way too many times to hash it out again.

But do yourself a favor and compare the hospitalization rate among children year to year from the flu. I am only talking about children. People should have the right to choose to live their life based on the data.

School open mats aren't happening for some time if at all. The sad part is because it's a fear of liability and very little to do with saving lives.

If im understanding the Ohio guidelines and usa wrestling guidelines clubs should be free to practice right now.

Antibody testing also shows that Coronavirus had been in ohio since mid January.

How did we make it through February without Social distancing?

I think its important to realize that population density is much more important than social distancing. Which probably is not a good sign for sports with fans.

Attachments

• homer.png
    homer.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 6
Not even mid-January, January 2nd is when Dr. Acton says the first case was now. And when you add in the 3-7 days most people have with no symptoms, we’re looking at December it was in Ohio at the very latest.

I am almost convinced that about half my team and I had it as in January and February we had kids out for weeks at a time sick. Even I was laid up for a week and had to take my first sick days in a decade. I have had the flu and was able to work through it, whatever this was kept me bed ridden for a good week, and this was a few weeks after my wife and daughter went through it. My wife, who is a nurse and sees this on a daily basis thinks we had it as well.

The same anti-body tests that have been proven to be inaccurate?
Have you researched the efficacy of the antibody testing we are discussing? I'm not saying its a end all be all, but let's not pretend its under 50 percent.

More than likely we have had Coronavirus in ohio throughout all of January. (I'm not stating it as fact).

We survived in Ohio still to this day with 0 deaths under 19. 8 under 30.

CDC has come out stating that it does not transmit easily on surfaces.

Asymptomatic transmission research is literally all over the place. But the common theme seems to be its possible to transmit. The adverb following is what changes from rare, to less common, to likley.

I do know for a fact when it comes to our children the flu is more deadly and requires more hospitalizations.

So I can't comprehend why people are so quick to latch on worst case scenario still when the data certainly does not support it.

That being said. This virus can be deadly and needs to be taken seriously. But as it doesn't affect children and our hospitals aren't over run nor are they near danger of being over run... adults should be allowed to make their own decisions about it.

We should stop punishing our children because policy makers are in the at risk category.

Have you researched the efficacy of the antibody testing we are discussing? I'm not saying its a end all be all, but let's not pretend its under 50 percent.

More than likely we have had Coronavirus in ohio throughout all of January. (I'm not stating it as fact).

We survived in Ohio still to this day with 0 deaths under 19. 8 under 30.

CDC has come out stating that it does not transmit easily on surfaces.

Asymptomatic transmission research is literally all over the place. But the common theme seems to be its possible to transmit. The adverb following is what changes from rare, to less common, to likley.

I do know for a fact when it comes to our children the flu is more deadly and requires more hospitalizations.

So I can't comprehend why people are so quick to latch on worst case scenario still when the data certainly does not support it.

That being said. This virus can be deadly and needs to be taken seriously. But as it doesn't affect children and our hospitals aren't over run nor are they near danger of being over run... adults should be allowed to make their own decisions about it.

We should stop punishing our children because policy makers are in the at risk category.
Your are right but the reality is the numbers go up we won't wrestle this isnt a debate but more a reality of whats coming
1. Kids under 20 arent affected much at all
2. Schools will not take the chance with wrestling it falls in the bad 3 football basketball wrestling
3. Ohio tough on the virus making winter and fall sports less likely
4.School is the concern not sports

The same anti-body tests that have been proven to be inaccurate?
Wow, what exactly is your agenda? The Covid was found first week of January.
In the 2000 Brakeman Report (D3 140), he wrote that 145 was a much weaker weight compared to 140 and that placing would be much easier at 145. I wouldn’t say that was “positive”.

That’s just one example that I know off the top of my head due to my brother being ranked at 140.
Listening can be an asset. Stay with your style and carry on. Silence might be golden when discussing Covid. You possibly could damage your brand, but who am I to criticize.

Wow, what exactly is your agenda? The Covid was found first week of January.

Listening can be an asset. Stay with your style and carry on. Silence might be golden when discussing Covid. You possibly could damage your brand, but who am I to criticize.
It has been proven that the antibody test can produce a false negative 30-50% of the time, which means it only 50-70% accurate.

I only post facts, not my opinion. So if numbers/stats offend people, I’m sorry?

Last edited:
Quick question, and I’m a fan of the sport and of not dying...

How is it possible that those who contracted COVID-19 overcame the virus if we do not have a vaccine yet?
So a vaccine is really to stop people from getting the virus in the first place, not treatment of the virus.

For example, with a regular strain of flu that goes around every year, there is always a bit push to get vaccinated because it greatly reduces your chances of catching the flu, and if you do catch the flu it helps fight it off quicker. Similar to the regular flu, the coronavirus, once caught, is treated with antibiotics (something as simple as Tylenol could be taken, anything to help lower the fever), rest, hydration, and isolation.

The two main problems with coronavirus right now (from what I understand) are the lack of a catch-all remedy (like Xofluza or Tamaflu) that is effective within a couple days and no vaccine.