OHSAA Wrestling admin opening

Well it's definitely not all about the kids!! Money trap, make some more divisions to rake in some more cash and make more dumb decisions about the state venue!
No kidding...I can't believe he single handedly went from 3 divisions before he took over to an absurd 3 divisions now. Not to mention having the state tournament on OSUs campus after the previous admin had it on OSUs campus. That's just plain stupid. Who in their right mind would want to have it at a central location? Good riddance!

No inside connection here just a guess...maybe the recent changes to the state tournament schedule/setup weren't to his liking?
I do have an inside connection and can help on this matter- look at the OHSAA central office bigger picture, not just wrestling. Last two basketball directors also left mid season before the tournaments, massive staff turnover on the whole….nothing to do with wrestling specifically here, a lot to do with the current culture of the OHSAA leadership.

Why is he leaving mid way through the season? Hopefully the OHSAA has things in order to keep everything running smoothly.
Just to make sure that there are no rumors spread about this outstanding gentleman...he is leaving to take another director position with a different entity. In my conversations with him, he never once spoke of not liking his job with the OHSAA and was always open and receptive to the thoughts/ideas of the coaches association. The timing of job transition is rarely ideal and in this case I am certain it was not his intentions to leave our sport in the middle of the season. That being said, Beau Rugg (former wrestling director) will be taking over, so we are in good hands.

Just to make sure that there are no rumors spread about this outstanding gentleman...he is leaving to take another director position with a different entity. In my conversations with him, he never once spoke of not liking his job with the OHSAA and was always open and receptive to the thoughts/ideas of the coaches association. The timing of job transition is rarely ideal and in this case I am certain it was not his intentions to leave our sport in the middle of the season. That being said, Beau Rugg (former wrestling director) will be taking over, so we are in good hands.

What! He's leaving for a better opportunity for him and his family? Never would have guessed...

Maybe they had to have someone to pin it on for the total blunder of a state tournament there about to throw????? Or maybe he knows he screwed up and left?????? Who knows????

Maybe they had to have someone to pin it on for the total blunder of a state tournament there about to throw????? Or maybe he knows he screwed up and left?????? Who knows????
One thing is positive, you don't.
Since there is obviously an opening, maybe you should apply and show us how it should be done.

Have you ever met the person you are so critical of? I would bet not.
I have and I always found him to be honest and hard working. He responds quickly to any questions I have. Since Covid and the changes at the OHSAA, I know I would not want to have to add and juggle so many tasks.
I am quite confident in saying that, in spite of your criticism, you couldn't do it either.

One thing is positive, you don't.
Since there is obviously an opening, maybe you should apply and show us how it should be done.

Have you ever met the person you are so critical of? I would bet not.
I have and I always found him to be honest and hard working. He responds quickly to any questions I have. Since Covid and the changes at the OHSAA, I know I would not want to have to add and juggle so many tasks.
I am quite confident in saying that, in spite of your criticism, you couldn't do it either.
Lol it's his JOB HE GETS PAID!

I personally found Tyler to be receptive to feedback. I found Beau Rugg to be receptive to feedback. I heard the person before the two of them was not.
I don't want to outright speculate what the person who is complaining is complaining about, but I think it's something that falls in a bucket of stuff outside of the sport administrator -- be it an overall OHSAA issue, an Ohio State issue, or a Value City Arena issue.

I thought he was a good guy. Someone stated above that he took another position. That happens every day in this country, and that is what you should do with your life - grow. The OHSAA is also notoriously hard to work with/for, and I can't imagine that being an easy job. Good luck to him.

Tyler Brooks is an awesome guy and a great wrestling administrator. I’m excited for him, personally, as he moves to a new position, but he’ll be missed.

Beau rugg has been around and is seasoned. I’m sure state will be fine

Tyler Brooks is an awesome guy and a great wrestling administrator. I’m excited for him, personally, as he moves to a new position, but he’ll be missed.

Beau rugg has been around and is seasoned. I’m sure state will be fine
That’s the nicest way of calling someone old I’ve seen 😂