OHSAA Update To Members

The timing of Westerville and Bexley couldn't be worse for Franklin County. Those are historically two major players in their respective classifications for all sports and conferences.

It would be like Lakota and Wyoming having the same story this afternoon in SW Ohio...
Not quite the same impact as what you’re discussing but Hilliard City Schools has just announced they’re doing entirely remote learning for as long as Franklin County is at Level “3.”

Not quite the same impact as what you’re discussing but Hilliard City Schools has just announced they’re doing entirely remote learning for as long as Franklin County is at Level “3.”

I am pretty sure it's because their Teachers Union made this push....doesn't look good for Hilliard. If they have to wait until Franklin Co. hits 1 they are going to be waiting a long, long time. It's all a bunch of hooey. It's a huge district - I can't see parents settling for this.

I know. Word out of SW Ohio would seem to indicate that more than a few districts are getting ready announce a delay until after Labor Day at the earliest for conference play only. Contact sports may be delayed to August 15th start date and no scrimmages or jamboree games allowed. I wonder if this is coming from the Health Department or the Governor's office. GBM

This has already happened.

Definitely sounds made up. What type of source is this? Sounds like the very vague "Northeastern" cancellation

I just can't imagine everyone being on the same page, only way that gets done is if the health boards call the shots.

School Board is calling the shots.

you never know who someone knows or who’s making things up. quite honestly, i think we are all just anxiously waiting for anything, whether it be good or bad news

More school districts to announce Thursday and Friday. All fall sports in their respective districts are off unril further notice. It is a shame. GBM

More school districts to announce Thursday and Friday. All fall sports in their respective districts are off unril further notice. It is a shame. GBM
i think you’re exactly right. a season where some districts are playing and some aren’t sounds awful.

Definitely sounds made up. What type of source is this? Sounds like the very vague "Northeastern" cancellation

I just can't imagine everyone being on the same page, only way that gets done is if the health boards call the shots.

Now you know.

Did anyone announce or more reopenings? I’m hearing more reopening than closing. Or plans to move forward with conference only.

Did anyone announce or more reopenings? I’m hearing more reopening than closing. Or plans to move forward with conference only.

Counties where the Health Boards recommended Oct 1 are left with no choice but to follow them. It opens up too much of a liability and their insurers will agree

Counties where the Health Boards recommended Oct 1 are left with no choice but to follow them. It opens up too much of a liability and their insurers will agree
Gotcha. No new closings? Season is moving forward. I feel bad for the kids that aren’t allowed to move forward.

O.K. Can we stop with the updates from ohsaa. They have been saying for weeks that we will start on time with practices. We know we are waiting for school to school contact at this time.

Gotcha. No new closings? Season is moving forward. I feel bad for the kids that aren’t allowed to move forward.

Can you be banned for your sheer stupidity? Ohio numbers are awful, 1/3 of state has shutdown athletics, just kicking the can until 8/21.