OHSAA TOURNAMENT: Round 1 & 2

Cincy_Futbol

While many of the first two games are blow outs, there are bound to be a few close games and upsets. Which games do you think will be best in first two rounds?

badin v valley view. swbl teams often struggle with early round gcl teams. my theory is that the every night competition level prepares the gcl teams better than the swbl which gives higher/ mid level teams 4-6 games every year against fairly weak competition. that could prove out again if badin wins and faces oakwood in rd 2. waynesville v ross is interesting if they both win openers. do not know ross , but waynesville looked legit at alter. stangely bellbrook , 4th in the swbl looks like a walkthrough in north 2. not much in d1 or 3 sparks anything noticeable to me.

Many of the first round games (at least in NE Ohio) should be reasonably close contests, as the top seeds get byes, so it's the 5-12 seeds playing.

Second round often are blowouts, since that's when the powerhouses start playing.

badin v valley view. swbl teams often struggle with early round gcl teams. my theory is that the every night competition level prepares the gcl teams better than the swbl which gives higher/ mid level teams 4-6 games every year against fairly weak competition. that could prove out again if badin wins and faces oakwood in rd 2. waynesville v ross is interesting if they both win openers. do not know ross , but waynesville looked legit at alter. stangely bellbrook , 4th in the swbl looks like a walkthrough in north 2. not much in d1 or 3 sparks anything noticeable to me.

Typically that is true, but I would point out that Valley View just beat Fenwick 1-0. I would expect the Badin game to be at least competitive. Could go either way. VV has a record of 8-7 with all 7 losses coming to the hands of Waynesville, Monroe, Bellbrook, or Oakwood.

Typically that is true, but I would point out that Valley View just beat Fenwick 1-0. I would expect the Badin game to be at least competitive. Could go either way. VV has a record of 8-7 with all 7 losses coming to the hands of Waynesville, Monroe, Bellbrook, or Oakwood.
hey ex, no idea you were a soccer fan, used to play your sw ohio football pick 'em under a different account name. you attending tomorrow night?

hey ex, no idea you were a soccer fan, used to play your sw ohio football pick 'em under a different account name. you attending tomorrow night?

I ran that pick 'em for so many years over on JJ Huddle. It was a lot of fun.

My son is a soccer player so he's broadened my interests. He's young but has been really growing his interest. He has a training for his club but we're going to try to make the game tonight.

I ran that pick 'em for so many years over on JJ Huddle. It was a lot of fun.

My son is a soccer player so he's broadened my interests. He's young but has been really growing his interest. He has a training for his club but we're going to try to make the game tonight.
Outsanding! It is a very interesting and extremely difficult game to play well. I have learned to love it. I still hit Friday night football ( although this year lots of bad football around the dayton area) but my interest in soccer keeps growing. I have a nephew who plays at Oakwood, as you may have seen on previous threads, but remain neutral as far as "fanship" is concerned. I spent too many years as a broadcaster and writer covering games to see them any other way. I will be sitting the front row on the visitors side as the home side is too far for these old arthritic knees to carry my fat body across to the home side.
Enjoy, be well, great to find you on here. Your old friend ( a dozen flightless birds) .

Valley View 2 Badin 1. I left after the first 30 minutes thinking this would be a rout by VV which was up 2-0 by then. badin must have had a better last 50 minutes than they had in the first 30.

Matt, we were about 20 minutes late to the game but did make it. We walked in right as VV scored their first goal. VV dominated possession and kept the ball in Badin's end until about the 25-20 minute mark in the second half. Badin slipped in a goal off a corner and started to put more pressure. In the end, a nice result for VV.

I know nothing of these two teams, but looking through the D1 first round games, I saw this score line: Boardman 25, Canton McKinley 0. Seriously? :mad:

Matt, we were about 20 minutes late to the game but did make it. We walked in right as VV scored their first goal. VV dominated possession and kept the ball in Badin's end until about the 25-20 minute mark in the second half. Badin slipped in a goal off a corner and started to put more pressure. In the end, a nice result for VV.
see you Saturday?

I know nothing of these two teams, but looking through the D1 first round games, I saw this score line: Boardman 25, Canton McKinley 0. Seriously? :mad:
I have been seeing the same across all divisions -- boys and girls. More reasons why I do think there should be a standard for postseason play.

It doesn't have to be a major standard, but something. Win 5 games, .500 record or better, top half of your league/conference, etc.

the theory did not prove out as VV beat Badin and lowly Franklin lost to Fenwick in OT. Franklin was up 3-1 on Fenwick, but couldn't hold lead in 4-3 loss.

see you Saturday?

It sounds like we might actually be heading to the Springboro vs. Sidney game that same night. Still hoping Valley View can put something together finally against Oakwood. The first matchup was a close 1-0 loss, the second match was a 5-1 disaster. VV probably played with as good of possession and touch as they had all year in the first half vs. Badin. Would be nice to see it carry over heading to Oakwood. No question that's what it'll take to beat the Jacks.

It sounds like we might actually be heading to the Springboro vs. Sidney game that same night. Still hoping Valley View can put something together finally against Oakwood. The first matchup was a close 1-0 loss, the second match was a 5-1 disaster. VV probably played with as good of possession and touch as they had all year in the first half vs. Badin. Would be nice to see it carry over heading to Oakwood. No question that's what it'll take to beat the Jacks.
enjoy your night...i am headed to Miamisburg tonight to wacth alter/Carroll in gcl football

Some of the better games tomorrow. Post predictions if you wish

Kings vs Anderson
Troy vs Miamsburg
Northmont vs Lebanon
Summit Country Day vs Taylor
CCD vs McNick
Oakwood vs Valley View

Please add if I may have missed a good match up

My predictions

Kings vs Anderson - Anderson 2-1 (OT)
Troy vs Miamsburg - Troy 3-1
Northmont vs Lebanon - Northmont 1-0