OHSAA to Host Press Conference Thursday (Noon)

I can tell you with certainty that they have tested some posthumously and found they had covid 19, that is why I made that comment. I know that you wanted to patronize me for it, but what I said doesn't fit your narrative. hopefully you or no one you know gets this virus and it puts them in the hospital in serious condition.
I have heard this too. But for a complete picture we need to know how many they tested in total. I don't think it's wise to assume 100% actually died from covid19.

And I hope no one you know gets it and they end up in the hospital either.

Last Sunday in the US it was 3500 confirmed and 67 deaths.
Now it is 17,333 confirmed and 218 deaths.
Expected to a degree with more tests available and much faster testing being done. Hopefully the mid April to early May peak is still correct.

I think the Facebook Flu will be overwith in 3 weeks when people get bored with the story and move on to something else. That being said, Spring Sports will be cancelled because of sensationalism.

Last Sunday in the US it was 3500 confirmed and 67 deaths.
Now it is 17,333 confirmed and 218 deaths.
Expected to a degree with more tests available and much faster testing being done. Hopefully the mid April to early May peak is still correct.

I’m seeing July peak reported now.

I think the Facebook Flu will be overwith in 3 weeks when people get bored with the story and move on to something else. That being said, Spring Sports will be cancelled because of sensationalism.

I hope you are back here in a month admitting how badly you underestimated this.

This isn’t the flu. People are denying the math that is going to overwhelm us unless strong action is taken.

Facebook Flu. My god, what are you talking about?

I’m seeing July peak reported now.
July seems too far out for a peak based on the actions that are taking place now. There is a chance it could peak and then significantly diminish and there could be waves that come back during the fall. China will be interesting to watch over the next 2-3 weeks.

I hope you are back here in a month admitting how badly you underestimated this.

This isn’t the flu. People are denying the math that is going to overwhelm us unless strong action is taken.

Facebook Flu. My god, what are you talking about?

The people thinking this is the flu, not social distancing, not taking this SERIOUS are the same people that think laws and rules don't apply to them, are very selfish people - only thinking of themselves, and really need humbled. And that day is and will come. I'm done even responding to the MORONS that are not taking this serious. It's not worth it.

The people thinking this is the flu, not social distancing, not taking this SERIOUS are the same people that think laws and rules don't apply to them, are very selfish people - only thinking of themselves, and really need humbled. And that day is and will come. I'm done even responding to the MORONS that are not taking this serious. It's not worth it.
I follow the laws and rules. I am also following these new requirements as best I can. I even take my temperature a couple times a day because I was traveling recently. Washing hands way more than during flu outbreaks and even using hand sanitizer which I rarely do unless in high traffic areas like an airport, hotel, etc. I even have my employees working from home. I think I am taking this seriously enough. Do I pass your measure of seriousness?

That said....I think we have overreacted too. I am entitled to my opinion just as much as you are. It doesn't make any of us MORONS. Unless you're out licking grocery carts or something.

All right, all right, so maybe we shouldn't call it the Facebook Flu, however, here are some valid statistics, feel free to hammer back at me, I can handle it:

I know I am going to get absolutely killed for asking these questions, but someone explain to me again, why we are taking the precautions that we are for this, I asked some questions the other day and people got mad:

According to CDC:
Since October 2019, Flu Deaths in US; 60,000 (usual seasonal flu affects 2.5-3.3 million Americans a year)
Since January 2020, Covid-19 Deaths in US:<250 (Yes, it will probably 4 to 5x worse, however, world wide we are barely over 15,000k, WORLDWIDE, not US)

According to CDC data, in the United States, around 15% of 35,000 cases HAVE BEEN hospitalized, only 2% remain hospitalized after 48 hours. 95% of deaths in Italy all have health complications prior to Covid.

With these statistics, it's really hard to argue that flu is probably just is deadly, we are absolutely going overboard. In my opinion, probably should have had at-risk elders or everyone over 70+ quarantined, not everyone else.

"But I saw a CNN story about a 12 year old in the ICU with Coronavirus", yup, had Pneumonia two weeks ago, "But I saw a story about a 1 year old in Ohio with it", yeah, their dad was on the cruise that had many people imfected. Neither are currently hospitalized.

Every celebrity other than Tom Hanks...not hospitalized.

Anyone, please, explain, how we aren't overreacting and getting killed economically speaking for this, thanks. I think Dr. Anton and Dewine for sure wants what is best for everyone, no secret agenda, but I kind of started to have doubt them when they said, "1.1. Million will die in the US even with these precautions". I am starting to wonder (which is good), if even 5,000 will die from this, about 55k less than the flu.

Go ahead, let me have it, but this is all real data.

All right, all right, so maybe we shouldn't call it the Facebook Flu, however, here are some valid statistics, feel free to hammer back at me, I can handle it:

I know I am going to get absolutely killed for asking these questions, but someone explain to me again, why we are taking the precautions that we are for this, I asked some questions the other day and people got mad:

According to CDC:
Since October 2019, Flu Deaths in US; 60,000 (usual seasonal flu affects 2.5-3.3 million Americans a year)
Since January 2020, Covid-19 Deaths in US:<250 (Yes, it will probably 4 to 5x worse, however, world wide we are barely over 15,000k, WORLDWIDE, not US)

According to CDC data, in the United States, around 15% of 35,000 cases HAVE BEEN hospitalized, only 2% remain hospitalized after 48 hours. 95% of deaths in Italy all have health complications prior to Covid.

With these statistics, it's really hard to argue that flu is probably just is deadly, we are absolutely going overboard. In my opinion, probably should have had at-risk elders or everyone over 70+ quarantined, not everyone else.

"But I saw a CNN story about a 12 year old in the ICU with Coronavirus", yup, had Pneumonia two weeks ago, "But I saw a story about a 1 year old in Ohio with it", yeah, their dad was on the cruise that had many people imfected. Neither are currently hospitalized.

Every celebrity other than Tom Hanks...not hospitalized.

Anyone, please, explain, how we aren't overreacting and getting killed economically speaking for this, thanks. I think Dr. Anton and Dewine for sure wants what is best for everyone, no secret agenda, but I kind of started to have doubt them when they said, "1.1. Million will die in the US even with these precautions". I am starting to wonder (which is good), if even 5,000 will die from this, about 55k less than the flu.

Go ahead, let me have it, but this is all real data.
The flu data is over the entire season. We're near the end of the season. Flu transmission is relatively slow and many in the population are entirely immune to various strains due to having gotten those strains before.

This virus has only started spreading in the US. The first death in the US was on February 29th. The rate this is spreading is nearly 2x faster than the flu. It doesn't kill instantly so there's a lot of infected people that may die that just haven't yet.

We're trending about even with Italy. We're just days behind them. It gets progressively worse each day.

Screenshot_20200323-102743_Opera.jpg

So all I’m seeing here, is Italy has about I believe 10k deaths right now (sure smaller country) but they have been hit hard. They are starting to slow down, top of the curve. So let’s say it still kills 30k overall, which is a very high number and unlikely. Use that data to say at very worse, United States is double, which is about 60k. So we’re looking at something on par with the flu. No?

So all I’m seeing here, is Italy has about I believe 10k deaths right now (sure smaller country) but they have been hit hard. They are starting to slow down, top of the curve. So let’s say it still kills 30k overall, which is a very high number and unlikely. Use that data to say at very worse, United States is double, which is about 60k. So we’re looking at something on par with the flu. No?
Other than vaccines we don't do much to stop the flu. Italy is just now starting to see numbers slow down after shutting down the country.

The thought being if we did nothing to stop the spread of this we'd legitimately have millions die once our hospitals are overrun with critical cases.

The flu data is over the entire season. We're near the end of the season. Flu transmission is relatively slow and many in the population are entirely immune to various strains due to having gotten those strains before.

This virus has only started spreading in the US. The first death in the US was on February 29th. The rate this is spreading is nearly 2x faster than the flu. It doesn't kill instantly so there's a lot of infected people that may die that just haven't yet.

We're trending about even with Italy. We're just days behind them. It gets progressively worse each day.

Bingo... everyone downplaying this and comparing it to other viruses or using H1N1 are using end results as a comparison.

Best analogy I've heard for those that aren't understanding; Lets say virus X is me running the 100 in my current state of "fitness" (old and out of shape), we already have my final times, where as COVID19 is Usain Bolt running the 100; he's two steps out of the blocks and we can already tell he's going to shatter my final time from a decade ago, century, etc. That's the scary aspect, we're two feet into a 100 yard sprint with the new, but we know how fast Bolt is or his rate of movement because of his times in China, Italy, etc. The rapid spread rate of this virus is unlike any before, Bolt moves that fast.

Bingo... everyone downplaying this and comparing it to other viruses or using H1N1 are using end results as a comparison.

Best analogy I've heard for those that aren't understanding; Lets say virus X is me running the 100 in my current state of "fitness" (old and out of shape), we already have my final times, where as COVID19 is Usain Bolt running the 100; he's two steps out of the blocks and we can already tell he's going to shatter my final time from a decade ago, century, etc. That's the scary aspect, we're two feet into a 100 yard sprint with the new, but we know how fast Bolt is or his rate of movement because of his times in China, Italy, etc. The rapid spread rate of this virus is unlike any before, Bolt moves that fast.

everyone always says the spread is fast, however no data what so ever. Ask Korea, China, Japan, how fast things have spread.

Oh, and CDC saying peak in 15 days, even people returning back to work in many places. People need to stop getting all worked up over it.

2 feet into a 100 yard sprint? That would basically indicate we would have over 2 years to go...come on people.

I'd argue we are about 30 yards in and once you hit 50 yards you get sprayed with water and for whatever reason it gets easier.

2 feet into a 100 yard sprint? That would basically indicate we would have over 2 years to go...come on people.

I'd argue we are about 30 yards in and once you hit 50 yards you get sprayed with water and for whatever reason it gets easier.
I'd argue that we're not sure how long the sprint is since we haven't run this course before. But, we have SOME control over its longevity if we care to take precautions.

Correction on one data point. The 12 year old develop pneumonia because of coronavirus, not the other way around.

That is completely incorrect Ringer2.

As far as the time, well...I don't know, take a look at the East Asian countries timelines, about a month in, things really shut down. It will here as well.

According to sources many schools are confident from a proposal that brings students back the second week of May, and extends the school year until the end of June. In addition, I heard specifically about over Memorial Day Weekend, Winter Sports finishing, and over the course of late May and beginning of June, Spring Sports return in the fashion of:

Baseball\Softball\Lacrosse\Volleyball: 9 Game Season, split into regions much like football with groups of around 10 competing against one another based off geography and classification. Top 2 in each classification go into an 8 team playoff that is played first week of July.

Track: One practice meet; followed by district\regionals\state over the course of four weeks in June

I'd argue that we're not sure how long the sprint is since we haven't run this course before. But, we have SOME control over its longevity if we care to take precautions.

Right, we don't know the length. But that isn't the point of the analogy. Anyone getting hung up on two steps, five steps, four feet, six etc completely missed the point and prolly went back to arguing against final numbers of something else...

The flu has a 0.18 death rate when this is all said and done in the US it will be a bit higher. Going by their numbers of 80% with this having zero to minimum symptoms who will never be tested the death rate when all said and done will be around 0.28.

That is completely incorrect Ringer2.

As far as the time, well...I don't know, take a look at the East Asian countries timelines, about a month in, things really shut down. It will here as well.

According to sources many schools are confident from a proposal that brings students back the second week of May, and extends the school year until the end of June. In addition, I heard specifically about over Memorial Day Weekend, Winter Sports finishing, and over the course of late May and beginning of June, Spring Sports return in the fashion of:

Baseball\Softball\Lacrosse\Volleyball: 9 Game Season, split into regions much like football with groups of around 10 competing against one another based off geography and classification. Top 2 in each classification go into an 8 team playoff that is played first week of July.

Track: One practice meet; followed by district\regionals\state over the course of four weeks in June
Gotta love the “according to sources”.... there will be no need to extend the school year when the kids are doing the work now from home.
There is no way the kids are going back to school this year. The peak of this will be from the middle of April to early May. I would say Ohio was very proactive in how they are dealing with this and that isn’t all of a sudden going to change once the confirmed cases and deaths start to slowly drop.

The flu has a 0.18 death rate when this is all said and done in the US it will be a bit higher. Going by their numbers of 80% with this having zero to minimum symptoms who will never be tested the death rate when all said and done will be around 0.28.
This flu season from October to March 14 there's been 38m to 59m with the flu. And between 23k and 59k deaths. That's between 0.04% and 0.155%.

Right now even if the death rate is 0.155%, which is exceedingly low, the biggest issue more Covid19 cases require icu/ccu beds and ventilators while many flu patients need fluids and fever monitored and controlled. The breathing problems are the major issue. And Covid19 cases that require hospitalization are over twice as long as flu cases that require hospitalization.

First death in the US wasn't even four weeks ago. We're now up to over 1,000. We have almost 70k confirmed cases and yet only 428 are listed as recovered.

Up to 14 days for symptoms and up to 11 days on average in the hospital.... It's only 26 days after the first person died in the US from this. And based on estimates, we're just now past the first wave of patients (25 days max) for them to be dying or cured. And all those new patients showing symptoms now before stay at home orders went out.

The world isn't shutting down because it's hysteria. This is like your car breaking down at a railroad crossing and thinking you're fine because you don't see a train. You might be. Right now. But if the folks who should know tell you a train is coming in 10 minutes, you'd be best to listen to them instead of your Facebook friends telling you he doesn't see a train.