OHSAA Suspends Multiple Massillon Players - Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, is THAT what I addressed?

The problem at ANY message board is an acceptable bias.

Does the owner what to moderate threads that are popular, EVEN if they are the same trolls doing the same bashing and NOT offering a legitimate discourse on the topic?!

There has been plenty of discussion concerning the situation; if you can find posts bashing "Massillon" in this thread, feel free to call them out. Your paranoia concerning Massillon is clouding your posts

Last edited:
There has been plenty of discussion concerning the situation; if you can find posts bashing "Massillon" in this thread, feel free to call them out. Your paranoia concerning Massillon is clouding your thinking.
"YOUR" inability to see what is actually posted in the thread itself, speaks to YOUR bias!.

First, you need go no further than checking the same posters, who live daily to bash Massillon and hijack threads. Their posts ignore the facts that were published about this situation, when they state "THE Massillon PROGRAMS ACTIONS WEREN"T INVOLVED"!

Did you miss the numerous links I posted, directly to the letter from the Massillon administration, that explains the facts of the investigation? Yet how many posts, ignore those facts and continue to post the same attacks, on the Massillon program?

Many of these posts mention recruiting and reflect the ignorance / stupidity of the posters. Since Massillon has successfully defended themselves many time in common pleas court.

You should examine your own bias and objective thinking if you believe the thread was a fair examination of the situation?!

Last edited:
The liability attached to a PUBLISHED news article, of objective facts is minimal and more a reflection of a bias!
First of all the Steubenville case is 10 year OLD NEWS…. second, it was adjudicated and kids went to jail, people lost jobs and reputations were tarnished, sometimes unfairly. It’s old news, over and done with. Third, why would the OHSAA have an axe to grind with Massillon Washington High School? What motivation do they have to “target” WHS? Too many consecutive titles? That can’t be it since that number is zero. Why? I’d love to hear why the OSHAA is/was/are targeting Massillon

The OHSAA simply needs to abolish its transfer rules. I have followed HS football in this state for 40 years and the organization picks and chooses who to go after which makes it a terrible rule. Especially today, with EdChoice, which has given private schools public dollars to be used as scholarships.
Yes we should have a free for all. Free agency in high school, what could go wrong?

These kids need to be paid also. They generate revenue for the school and get nothing in return.

I can assure anyone that Massillon performs due diligence. Is what stinks for the schools is how far do they need to go to verify? Hire private investigators? If someone provides paperwork in terms of bills stating they live at X then that is good by most.

Again, I know schools that break every rule in the book and never get a sniff from OHSAA. I know others that are routinely hammered for the most arbitrary reasons.

They changed the age standard a couple years ago because of lawsuits. They need to change the transfer by-law for the same reason. It has always been a disaster.
Having kids selling their services to the highest bidder is the disaster.

High school athletics is about my town vs your town not how many ringers can we fill the roster with.

"YOUR" inability to see what is actually posted in the thread itself, speaks to YOUR bias!.

First, you need go no further than checking the same posters, who live daily to bash Massillon and hijack threads. Their posts ignore the facts that were published about this situation when they state "THE Massillon PROGRAMS ACTIONS WEREN"T INVOLVED"!

Did you miss the numerous links I posted directly to the letter from the Massillon administration that explains the facts of the investigation. Yet how many posts, ignore those facts and continue to post the same attacks on the Massillon program?

Many of these posts mention recruiting and reflect the ignorance / stupidity of the posters. Since Massillon has successfully defended themselves many time in common please court.

You should examine your own bias and objective thinking if you believe the thread was a fair examination of the situation!

???? I don't worry about what other people post, I am discussing the story. I do find it hypocritical on your part about posters bashing Massillon when you bash other schools.

"common please court" ironic typo or spell correct ??

That is such a great phrase that I am going to use it any time a local court gives a favorable ruling on a dispute favoring the local party against an outside party

Last edited:
First of all the Steubenville case is 10 year OLD NEWS…. second, it was adjudicated and kids went to jail, people lost jobs and reputations were tarnished, sometimes unfairly. It’s old news, over and done with. Third, why would the OHSAA have an axe to grind with Massillon Washington High School? What motivation do they have to “target” WHS? Too many consecutive titles? That can’t be it since that number is zero. Why? I’d love to hear why the OSHAA is/was/are targeting Massillon

YOU wanted to rehash "old" news, forgetting that every program has skeletons to face up to. You want to bash Massillon and then defend major problems in your program, that aren't current. What's the all-time record (Your bitterness, is showing)!

Steubenville Public IND 49 2015 41 6 2 1346 45

It's really surprising that posters come out of the closet and expose their hate / stupidity when it comes to times like this.

Do you realize Massillon has consistently BEAT the OHSAA in common pleas court?!

Massillon brought their transfers to the OHSAA for approval 3 years ago, yet they use an illegal bylaw to penalize them (where a party unassociated to the program can cause liability).

Members of the OHSAA are alumni of Massillon's arch rival and have been reported to be behind actions against the program.

The OHSAA allows competitive balance to be destroyed by parochial / private all-star teams which "coincidentally" affects Massillon domination of playoffs / state championships.

Last edited:
???? I don't worry about what other people post, I am discussing the story. I do find it hypocritical on your part about posters bashing Massillon when you bash other schools.

"common please court" ironic typo or spell correct ??

That is such a great phrase that I am going to use it any time a local court gives a favorable ruling on a dispute favoring the local party against an outside party

You pretend to be having an objective discussion when you ignore every fact I post and "try" to discount when a thread is posted that ignores the facts of a situation, as well posters (hypocrites) programs that have far worse problems.

Seriously try posting on topic. I don't need a spell check (reaching because you have nothing else "legitimate", to offer, ON TOPIC)!

You pretend to be having an objective discussion when you ignore every fact I post and "try" to discount when a thread is posted that ignores the facts of a situation, as well posters (hypocrites) programs that have far worse problems.

Seriously try posting on topic. I don't need a spell check (reaching because you have nothing else "legitimate", to offer, ON TOPIC)!

Your definition of "Facts" are opinions.
The only FACT we know is that the OHSAA has suspended some players from Massillon; waiting on the OHSAA official statement not the Massillon filtered view of it. [doesn't mean Massillon version is wrong, but they are a biased source]

BTW You meant to post "common please court" ?

Your definition of "Facts" are opinions.
The only FACT we know is that the OHSAA has suspended some players from Massillon; waiting on the OHSAA official statement not the Massillon filtered view of it. [doesn't mean Massillon version is wrong, but they are a biased source]

BTW You meant to post "common please court" ?

You don't comprehend what facts are if they don't fit your prejudices!.:

Try looking up pedant. Try as you might you're not there!

I do understand the tiger fans frustration. There is still not a competitive balance between parochial and public schools like the OHSAA would like everyone to believe, especially in the heavy populated areas of NEO, SWO, and Columbus. Tigers did a great job on the road against a quality Fitch team minus several key players..need to build from that and not let current distractions alter the course of the team and season

Only suggestion I would have for Massillon school officials is to make sure all incoming transfers live with a legal parent or guardian inside or outside of the district. Also if the transfers are in there first year and do not reside in the district with a parent or legal guardian make sure they do not see the field after week five

Very difficult to get away with things these days. Everyone knows everyone's business in the city. Only takes one player or parent to be upset with incoming transfers especially if they feel rules are not being followed..then the OHSSA is contacted and a investigation is launched

Transfers in public schools if not done properly can be risky and possibly set programs back..Best of luck to Massillon moving forward

Last edited:
Having kids selling their services to the highest bidder is the disaster.

High school athletics is about my town vs your town not how many ringers can we fill the roster with.
Great, then come up with a system that works. OHSAA has tried and tried and tried and it still goes on.

Not to mention the voucher scholarships now added to the disaster.

I have never been a subscriber to the defense that 'other people are doing the same thing or much worse'.
Me either, but we are talking about a system and rules that are arbitrarily enforced. There are schools out there that have hundreds of kids come in and leave in one year. The perform due diligence on any kid playing sports.

Yes we should have a free for all. Free agency in high school, what could go wrong?

These kids need to be paid also. They generate revenue for the school and get nothing in return.
Where have you been? It is here. Has been for some time.

You have a deep understanding apparently of "NOTHING" since that certainly balances out the talent discrepancy of playing against all-star teams!

Ask La Salle and Hoban if they understand what this has done to competitive balance when it's become clear to them, how far away, they are from the elite national all-star teams?!
I love when Massillon fans complain about privates. The book of recruiting was written by St Paul Brown. The history of Massillon is built on the practice.

The OHSAA accepts the school's investigation of transfer eligibility; they do not get involved unless some other school lodges a complaint.
Each school is responsible for following the rules on transfers[ for ex] they have a list of what they are supposed to do to confirm students residence; when another school lodges a complaint, then the OHSAA gets involved
As an example, a school in Dayton years ago [who shall remain nameless] verified that 2 of it's students who transferred in met all the OHSAA requirements.
During the sports season, another school lodged a complaint, OHSAA found the students used a apartment in the school district as their residence, actually; they still lived in Indiana and the school did not follow the OHSAA rules in confirming residence

"I can assure anyone that Massillon performs due diligence. Is what stinks for the schools is how far do they need to go to verify? Hire private investigators? If someone provides paperwork in terms of bills stating they live at X then that is good by most." - Irish_buffalo

No, they are not required to hire private investigators; they are actually required for the school to make visits to the residence at a time where the students should be home to confirm residence. In the Dayton case, they did have utility bills, what the school did not do, was follow up visits.
Exactly, I know schools who have resource officers doing home checks. I get it, but beyond that what to do? How many visits? Daily? For schools with many kids coming and going you understand the cost right?

Do the private schools perform home visits? How about the ones exploiting the EdChoice system and using vouchers as athletic scholarships? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

How the F can you have a transfer by-law with that BS going on?

Great, then come up with a system that works. OHSAA has tried and tried and tried and it still goes on.

Not to mention the voucher scholarships now added to the disaster.
The system does work, hence they are investigating this situation. You are arguing for no system, anarchy.

The local private routinely has some of the best area players transfer in. Never an investigation? Is it because OHSAA knows it is a loser? Or because they do not want to pisz off the privates and have them leave the organization?

The local private routinely has some of the best area players transfer in. Never an investigation? Is it because OHSAA knows it is a loser? Or because they do not want to pisz off the privates and have them leave the organization?
It’s simple and has been stated on here hundreds fo times- they follow up on every complaint they receive from a member school.

so ask your [insert favorite team AD/principle here] why he/she hasn’t reported the “blatant” violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.