OHSAA Releases Restructured Spring Sport Schedule

Spring and Fall would switch seasons. I am asking how they can make it work? Football isn't happening until a vaccine is put in place. Plus Football isn't happening with
fans or minimal fans. The OHSAA can't have fall sports in the fall. Volleyball in a gym? Football with kids contacting each other every play? Thousands of fans every Friday night. Slow roll it with the '21 Spring sports in the fall. Attendance is the least of the three seasons until the tournament. See how it works. It's not ideal and I don't know if that will even happen but the only chance of sports in the fall is if it's the spring sports. The only indoor is spring sport is Boys Volleyball which most schools dont have a team. Before all the hate, I agree I want football in the Fall just don't see it happening to big of a risk and money loss.

Spring and Fall would switch seasons. I am asking how they can make it work? Football isn't happening until a vaccine is put in place. Plus Football isn't happening with
fans or minimal fans. The OHSAA can't have fall sports in the fall. Volleyball in a gym? Football with kids contacting each other every play? Thousands of fans every Friday night. Slow roll it with the '21 Spring sports in the fall. Attendance is the least of the three seasons until the tournament. See how it works. It's not ideal and I don't know if that will even happen but the only chance of sports in the fall is if it's the spring sports. The only indoor is spring sport is Boys Volleyball which most schools dont have a team. Before all the hate, I agree I want football in the Fall just don't see it happening to big of a risk and money loss.

They aren't going to have HS kids play 8 months of football in 10 months.

Volleyball will be forced to make a HS or Club Team decision.

Track and Cross Country participating at the same time...

Not gonna happen

Last edited:
Welcome to Canada & Europe...club teams will be the new norm. This virus will be the perfect reason for schools in all shapes and forms to slash huge cost out of their budgets and cut operating costs. This has been bandied about for years and now they can force it out. The only sports that will survive are football and basketball because they generate revenue. Tennis, Track, Baseball & Softball, Lacrosse, bowling, volleyball, wrestling, swimming and any other non profitable sports will be jettisoned from these institutions. Get used to it.

I keep telling people that the country, and the world even, will be different after this is all over. We will eventually go back to normal, but it will be a slightly different normal. What we regard as norms now won't all be the same norms. Many will stay, some will change a bit, and some we don't even think about will appear. Point is, don't expect your world to go back to exactly how it was before all this.

I keep telling people that the country, and the world even, will be different after this is all over. We will eventually go back to normal, but it will be a slightly different normal. What we regard as norms now won't all be the same norms. Many will stay, some will change a bit, and some we don't even think about will appear. Point is, don't expect your world to go back to exactly how it was before all this.
Yeah, everybody will have another vaccine to get. Other than that, shouldn't be different.

I love that CHS1971's only response to legal issues are to reply "Nonsense" or just "hahahaha" without adding any information to back his response. Apparently he's not aware of the litigation society we live in.